5th sept..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th sept..

mornin all ..here we are new puter on the go....its a beaut...17"screen lappy,dvd writer blah blah...and yep its windows 10...doesnt seem as bad as the one I had to start with..only problem Ive got is the browser windows edge keeps freezing up..but well pleased with it..also bought a wifi printer..thats my contribution to moving into the 21st century...out detecting yesterday..not a lot to show..but found a 1668 shilling.Julie feeling better today,weather aint too bad,metal detecting coil repaired and on the way back,so the world is a beyoootiful place!!!

brew time...

hiya Sam...hows you then?think you have got a toss upb there between sentimentality and practicality going on...it happens all the time over here ..when Im looking for land to go detecting on ..you will find its leased from someone completely remote from the area..its gotta be your call tho mate..best of..

hiya pauly ,how are you today then..all good I hope...guess wehat ..my boogie has got loadsa new leaves on it...what you been up to over the weekend then?

hi SK...in steamy Dallas...take it thats the climate you are talking about?all I know about Dallas is the Cowboys and Southfork!!hows things with you then?hope all is well..

hey pie on the hay ride...hows you today then?hopefully all is well...how was the weekend then? my friends have just got a pair of giant continental rabbits....again someone didnt want them..people are crazy...

hiya Lav..how are you today then all good ready for a brew?yep the windows doesnt seem too bad ..at the mo...tho as byrdie says ..the dream period may soon be over and Ill be back cussin it!!so its back on with the greenhouse is it?

hiya det...glad you are back friend...you need to beat this...you will ..but just get your head together..

hi tt ..hope all goes well at work this week..

hiya ppqp hows you then? all good I hope...

when I was out detecting yesterday look what was in the fields next to me...now why did I go to Italy?

20160904_073250.jpg

20160904_110158.jpg

20160904_073338.jpg

Primary School Children Writing About The Sea :welldone:

1) This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles. (Kelly age 6)
    2) Oysters' balls are called pearls. (James age 6)
    3) If you are surrounded by sea you are an Island . If you don't have sea all round you, you are incontinent. ( Wayne age 7)
    4) Sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth, just like Emily Richardson. She's not my friend no more. (Kylie age 6)
    5) A dolphin breaths through an arsehole on the top of its head. (Billy age 8)
    6) My dad goes out in his boat, and comes back with crabs. (Emily Burniston age 5)
    7) When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the ocean. Sometimes, when the wind didn't blow, the sailors would whistle to make the wind come. My brother said they would be better off eating beans. (William age 7)
    8) I like mermaids. They are beautiful, and I like their shiny tails. How do mermaids get pregnant? (Helen age 6)
    9) I'm not going to write about the sea. My baby brother is always screaming and being sick, my Dad keeps shouting at my Mum, and my big sister has just got pregnant, so I can't think what to write. (Amy age 6)
    10) Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting Electric eels can give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think they have to plug themselves into chargers. (Christopher age 7)
    11) When you go swimming in the sea, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small. (Kevin age 6)
    12) Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Two divers can't go down alone, so they have to go down on each other.
    (Becky age 8)
    13) On holiday my Mum went water skiing. She fell off when she was going very fast. She says she won't do it again because water shot up her fanny (Julie age 7).
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick except its night here and time for me to wind down methinks. You sound happy with the new computer. I am a Microsoft woman - Macs all the way and after decades at this it becomes intuitive. But i can recall as a grad student in the late 1970s using punch cards to try to enter data. The computer centre was a huge room with great big machines in it. Needless to say I didn't last with that method. Then I learned more about computers in the late 1980s on an Amstrad. Then had a Toshiba "portable" - thing was like a concrete slab and weighed as much - and cost the price of a small kingdom. Whats more it broke down after a few months and I couldn't get the warranty honored as I had purchased it in Singapore (this was 1989). After that I tried to learn a system called DOS (or something) - and then after that Macs came in, my work paid for my computer and they started to be something I could actually use.
    Well that was a distraction - is everyone asleep now?
    Hope the hay-slaying is going well Sam. Or is it Pie who is into the hay?
    Pauly - my bougie is almost dead but hanging on. No flowers at the moment.
    Det - hope you are over the shakes. Dont ever give up.
    OK nite nite everyone else - PPQP, Lav, SK and everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by treetops View Post
      Pauly - my bougie is almost dead but hanging on. No flowers at the moment.
      G night TT. Gr8 snapshot of computer history there in a few lines.

My bouggie is alive and well...........:dancin: Ah stop it G, ur killin me! Ooroo.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,cute things that kids say haha,watched Louie all weekend and he hates wearing shoes so his feet get so dirty! I asked him why his feet were so black, he said" I don't know what's happening to me my feet are just turning black!" It was so funny haha,TT,bougies are so temperamental almost as bad as an orchid I swear, tore my cuke plants out yesterday, looks like root rot to me,was thinking about Dets kombucha episode and I had a similar situation with ACV,they say there's no alcohol at all in it but I think it affected my body in an al way cuz I was drinking it and soon had a relapse, maybe it lowers my blood sugar too much or something, drank too much coffee this morning or hubs made it too strong, just drinking water and I'll eat here in a little while, was a pig yesterday and I think I wake up hungrier after overeating! Working today, people make a bigger deal out of Labor day than they did the 4th of July!! Kinda bugs me as it's just an excuse to drink for these people,3 customers had already been drinking on Saturday that I cut,I usually refuse them cuz they go from happy to pissed off in minutes, just hope today isn't like that, Mr.G glad you got you're boogie back Det,hope you're feeling human at least, much love to all, I'll check back later, have a great Monday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers!

Happy Labor day, AF of course

Nothing going on here today & grateful the tropical storm seems to have completely missed us, so far anyway.

Mick, glad you like your new computer. We have an air printer so we can print from our iPads & phones too. Pretty cool
          We actually hsve two wired printers around here too. We are really hooked up, ha ha
          Glad Julie is better. No greenhouse work today, I think he's waiting for an extra oair of hands to show up tomorrow.

Hi there TT, G & Pauly!

Have a great AF day everyone. I'll check in laterish.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...glad to hear the new computer is not causing too much stress. Been dealing with this toothache all weekend, keeping it numbed with oil of cloves and anbesol. Going to check with a dentist tomorrow to see if there's something that can be done while I'm waiting for the biologic to wear off.

TT...hope you had a restful evening. Loved your computer history. Best thing I ever did was teach the kids DOS! At least when they click on an icon and nothing happens they know what to do to fix it. I too started with the punch cards!

Gman...good to see you. Hope things are going good.

Pauly...I can just picture Louie saying that about his feet. Too funny.

Lav...glad to hear the storm passed you by. Did your day end up staying kidless?

Not feeling all that great tonight. Probably lack of food and too much cloves. My son has been fighting a cold and I'm hoping he didn't pass it on to me. Needless to say it's going to be an early night for me. Hope you all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

I'm joining the toothache club, all of my teeth were so sensitive today! Think its that e-cig

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi ABsters. A bit less shaky now and ate a few bites so that's a good sign.
                Pauly, what is ACV?
                I really do have to watch commercial drinks. So dangerous for me.
                be well everyone
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Glad to hear you're doing better Det, ACV-Apple Cider Vinegar.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hey Det, good to see you're humanizing. Keep taking good care of yourself.
                    ACV is apple cider vinegar.

Pauly, ditch the e-cig. I've read that the liquid in tbem turns into formaldehyde when heated to make the vapor. No wonder your mouth hurts
                    Try a patch or lozenges instead - worked for me.

PQ, sorry you are still in pain. I hope you can get some relief tomorrow.
                    I did have an entire kidless day today, ha ha

Peace to all tonight!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Det,glad you're feeling better, being able to keep food down/in is a good sign just back from walgreens where I spent a small fortune.on sensitive mouth rinse,Tom's natural toothpaste and generic oragel,I think you're right about the e-cig Lav

Comment

Working...
                      X