I've finally decided to face my truth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new: I woke up on Sunday morning not knowing how I got into bed in the 1st place. I'm so tired of feeling like that! I really just want to take my life back! I've lost respect, passion for the things I love and my reputation...I feel pretty helpless right now actually, that's why I decided to join...every1 seems upbeat, I hope all that good energy rubs off on me, but most of all I really just want to stop drinking...

:welcome: You will find a lot of support on this site..... I'm struggling too, but we can help each other along the way to soberville.

Glad you're here..

Kali

Comment

Yep, you've come to a good place. I'll let the others do the talking, though, since I'm all talked out for the day. Anyway, welcome. You have taken a good first step. Look forward to seeing (wc?) you here.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hi Bulelwa_101 and welcome.
        I thought I was a hopeless case before joining M.W.O., but I`m not. The support of the people here has shown me that I can turn my life around, as you will too, if you stick with us.

Best wishes,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Welcome,

Most of us are too familar with the feeling of waking up and not remember going to bed. Glad you have joined us and hope you find lots of support here!

Comment

You are now on Your Way Out!!
            Congratulate yourself and forge on....
            welcome and best wishes to you........
            Hugs,
            imatree

Comment

:welcome:

You are among kindred folk here. We all have different backgrounds, different kinds of issues, same problem.

Take some time to read old and new threads. Read the book, research other sites, and think.

We are here for you and I can tell you some of these people have helped me when I didn't think there was a chance!!

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Welcome Bulelwa_101-What does your name mean? Anyway, I've been where you are....you don't know how many films I've gotten that my hubby has then told me we watched before. Maybe the beginning but never remember having seen the middle and end. You are in great company! Are you going to try a supplement to help. I'm on Campral which works great when i take it.....

Comment

Welcome Bulelwa

This is a great place for you to be. Like the others have said read the posts and read the book. Then you can decide which parts of the program are best for you.
                  If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Hi There, good to have you here. You've made a big step getting here well done.
                    Suz
                    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Hi and welcome
                      I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                      I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Alcohol is yukky yukky stuff. I was the same as you. After not drinking for almost 2 weeks now, i feel remarkably better. Stronger.

Don't worry, you can do it. Things really come together when you put that bottle away.
                        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Bulelwa_101: im sick of that feeling to, we should stop drinking. lol

Comment

Thanx 4 the heart warming messages guys...it's good to know that I'm not alone in this. I must say it really feels good to finally say "Hey! I'm tired...this is it!" I'm still reading more books and deciding how to go about this, with all the support around I'm confident that I'll be fine.

P.S my name means thank you in Xhosa (A South African language)

Comment

Working...
                            X