AF 8 Days w/Topa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF 8 Days w/Topa

:new: I have tried everything and not sure if it is the topa or my frame of mind...but I have no no no desire to drink. I did up my dosage a bit higher than the book said. I am talking 25 mg in am and 50 mg in the pm. (Tried Campral...kind of worked but not the same...maybe the topa deals with more than just the addiction, I am obsessive, mildly ADD and bit bi polar--just the up side--wine would mellow me out)

Very thirsty and what they say is true diet pop taste terrible and that was my favorite drink next to red wine---would drink almost 10 diet sodas a day! I am drinking lots of water and flavored water...the Tropicana grapefruit flavored water is great. I did not drink wine everyday....just around every 5-6 days I would go on a binge and it tore the family apart.

Also, my husband still hasn't given me any control over my credit cards, id or car keys, so there is no way I can buy any wine...but that has never stopped me in the past....I can always get to money. Secret ID and check stash....so I think it is working!

Only time will tell....I also no moderation is not an option....on abs is.

Will keep you informed....after two years of searching the web for options can't believe I did not find this site sooner. Given this link to two friends who suffer as I do...

AF 8 Days w/Topa

Hi sunzaphod and:welcome:

Wow - you're doing really well! Congratulations. Stick with us, read and post - this is a great place to be.

Comment

AF 8 Days w/Topa

Suzapod,

How long have you been on the topa? I have just started on my meds and curious how long it will take before my cravings start to abate.

I am 4 day AF, almost 5.

Awesome one the AF, btw!! :goodjob:

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF 8 Days w/Topa

Congratulations on the 8 days. I bet the topa is working, it kinda flips a desire switch. WTG
        Bear
        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

AF 8 Days w/Topa

Good work sunzaphod,

Starlight Impress

Comment

AF 8 Days w/Topa

Cindi,
            I have been on Topa for 8 days....by day three I quickly up my dosage. However, this time I did not have the edgy killing type of withdraw. It was as if a wand was waved in front of me and my mind understood that it was repaired and things were ok....but I did not drink every day.
            I was always in constant withdraw or binge cycle.

I will keep all informed. My husband agreed I get all my stuff back...keys, credit cards etc...need to see who is in control.

L

Comment

AF 8 Days w/Topa

Sunzaphod,

Very excited for you!! Sounds like you are taking some really positive steps.

:goodjob:

Keep us informed and we will all be here for you if you need us!!

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
              X