Hypnosis question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypnosis question

I'm not sure what to expect from the CDs -- I think we all have a B-movie notion of a hypnotist with a watch swinging. Do you know you've been under hypnosis when you hear the words "one..open your eyes" but can't remember anything before that? How do I know that I wasn't just sleeping? When you go through the CD and were "awake" for the whole thing...was that basically meditation as opposed to hypnosis?
    Blue Eyes

Hypnosis question

Hynpotherapy Question

Hi, Blueeyes and welcome.

We are often asked this question. Here's how James Schmelter, the hypnotherapist with whom we partner, responds:

---
    If you ?wake up? at the end of the hypnotic recording, you were not asleep. You were in a somnambulistic (very deep) level of hypnosis and your subconscious mind brought you out of hypnosis. This is good.

If you do not wake up at the end of the hypnotic recording the question is ?did I enter hypnosis before I fell asleep??. If yes, then your subconscious mind is engaged even if you are not engaged consciously. This is good.

If no, they [the recordings] are still at least 90% effective but I recommend listening to the hypnotic and clearing recordings sitting up or at a time when you are most alert."
    ---

Regarding your second question, (meditation versus hypnosis) I believe you were in a suggestive and hypnotic state, not meditative, as the goal of the latter is absence of thought. From what you said, it sounds like your subconscious mind was actively involved in the process.

What you describe is very common for those who use these CDs and it is excellent. You are on your way.

Best,

RJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Hypnosis question

Blue, thanks for asking that question, don't you just love it when someone asks something 'for you' - I wanted to know exactly that but wasn't sure how to word it, probably lots of us did. RJ thanks very much for the explanation - aha, now I have the knowledge..... lol.

Lx
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
      X