Newbies in Need - Day 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Just a quick start to the thread today as off to work shortly. Hope everyone has a good day - Kitty be strong with the AF and NS - I have an image in my head of you smoking a carrot!! Anyway, whether you're new to the site or an old "regular" come and tell us how today's going for you - good or bad - we're here for each other.

Anyone got a quote for the day???

Janicexxxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Oh dear, sorry janice. Must have crossed threads. I don't seem to be having much luck with this forum at the moment.
    Jane
    Jane :heart:

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Good morning Janice and all. Jane, nice to see you back - you are doing fantastic!!!

Anyway, almost succumbed yesterday, and bought a btl./wine instead of waiting `til weekend as planned, BUT!!!!!, wine is still in fridge unopened - YEEEEEEHA!!!!, so that makes it 9 days AF out of past 11 for me. Thank God I didn`t weaken and open it. Boy!! can this be hard going at times!!! lol

Hope you are all doing good. Have a fab. day all.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Good morning everyone and hello to bluesky wherever she is our thoughts are with her.Jane sorry but yes we have moved over to here as the thread I started kind of died . I had a really good day yesterday but because I felt good and because the sun was shining I foolishly decided to have a glass of wine which turned into a bottle. I am so cross with myself and once again the children were really upset with me as I had been doing so well. But I am trying to remain positive and now look at all the days in June I have been af which are 13 out of 20 better than nothing. I just want to get 7 days af in a row so that is my goal for this week and I will not fail. Although I know I have a problem with drink I think that because I dont drink everyday I get a false sense of security and if I go a good few days without I just feel ok untill of course the morning after. I am changing my approach and I am going to tell myself everyday that I am addicted to alcohol. That no matter how I feel I cannot have a drink and I am going to watch those days mount up so I will keep you posted. Thankyou for all the kind words about my poem . Have a good day and catch you later.
        The sky is blue,
        the clouds are white,
        I will not be having wine tonight!!!!!:H

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

hey hows my twin, ive had some reconstructive surgery , the results r amazing!!!! hope u succed im sure u will, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Thanks for the warm welcome back starlight and well done on the 9 days. Thats sooo brilliant.
            Hey GG, I think mods is too hard..it's harder than abstaining! there comes a time when it's less of a battle to say " i don't drink" , than "i'm hanging out for the weekend'. I guess it's a personal thing, but I think you are spot on when you mention the false sense of security. Oprah would say that is your addict inside talking.
            TELL IT TO SOD OFF! ( she wouldn't say THAT:H )
            love Jane
            Jane :heart:

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Gardengirl, 13 out of 20 is marvelous. And Starlight showing such willpower - if the wine was right there yesterday, AND cold, I know I would have weakened. You guys are such good examples.

The cold is finally packing its bags and leaving my chest. Yay. I was beginning to think I was going to have to start charging it rent. I know I won't drink today, as I'm taking the daughter and a friend to a play, so I feel quite safe and happy.

Have a lovely day all.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Good afternoon all,

Thanks for starting Janice, and no I haven't started smoking the carrots yet!!! I think Blue said she wouldn't have internet access but I hope she's doing ok anyway.

Hi Jane glad you're back and Starlight that is fantastic that you didn't drink the wine, I don't think I would be so strong if I had it in the house.

Garden Girl well done on the 13/20. I know exactly how you feel with the not drinking every day. There have been times when I have, but mostly I have been stuck in a pattern of drinking every other day or 2. So you do have this false sense of being able to take it or leave it although it isn't a reality. I'm trying for 7 in a row too but I have a visit to my mother's at the weekend so we'll see, Mom and I sometimes clash a little.

Hi Lunapro glad your cold is lifting.

Well I'm still doing ok, day 4 af now and day 3 with no cigarettes, plus I've been working out and dieting. My poor old body will probably collapse any minute now out of sheer healthiness. I can't say I feel much better yet, had an awful night sleep again filled with terrifying dreams and I feel a bit flushed all the time, I think it's the toxins coming out.

Anyway off to the gym, then making Spag Bol for supper. See you all later.

Have a good day everyone,

Kitty
                Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                Confucius

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Hi everyone:
                  GG: I also get complacent when I don't drink for a few days. I no longer kid myself w/the "I'll just have a glass." I never do that. I'm trying not to count the days. That's a lot of pressure for me. I'm going to try to say every day: "I won't drink today." I will keep track w/DrinkTracker. I like that tool. Good luck today everyone. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

First Official Day of Summer

Good Morning Everyone....I dont have much time but wanted to drop in and tell everyone to have a great day ...its the first official day of summer and I think this is a great place to be...usually I would be at the pool with a cold glass of wine in my hand...This year it will be a cold glass of iced tea or selzer....hope that everyone finds something fun and healthy to do to kick off the Summer season..I know at least here it is already REALLY hot and we have been to the pool nearly everyday....But we will kick the summer off at the pool anyway...What about you??????

Sounds like you are all doing well...keep it up and I'll check in again later...Have a Fabulous Day!

:beach: Buckle

!16 Days AF and Counting!

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Hi everyone and a special hi to bluesky if she does manage to read it. Hope the surgery goes ok and wish you a speedy recovery.

Sounds like everybody is doing really well. 13 out of 20 is brilliant and Starlight, you resisting temptation like that is outstanding.

I'm on day 7 and feeling a bit tired today but really positive too. I agree with whoever it was who said that she found abstaining easier than moderating - I find it easier too. Someone here said that s/he considered him/herself as a non-drinker who had the very occasional drink. When I tried moderating I quickly become obsessed with drinking again - when, where, how much....

Hope you all have a great day
                      Uli

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Hi all. Ticked at myself. Joe said last nite he was going for beer. Didn't mean I had to have some but I asked him to get me some too. He said we hadn't drank in 3 days so we obviously had no problem. The problem is I want to NOT drink, ESPECIALLY during the week. GRRRR I should have just let him drink, I could see he was in one of those moods, though, and I didn't want to put up w/it sober.

Things to think of, I'll tell my dog to kick me when I get home.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Hart, I will join you in being pizzed at myself because I went over my mods goal out of boredom last night. Good excuse, huh? Hubbie was playing poker so no alcohol police in the house. I am grumpy today!

OK, let's move on and get back on track, K?

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Okay.....let's blame the hubbys. I'm still gonna let the dog kick me though. He's only nine pounds so it won't hurt or nothing....:H

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Hi all, very quick note as have to pack up, pick up stepson and catch a ferry to Lopez Island. I will join you all in an af night there. This will be novel. Not drinking at least 1 glass when out to eat while on vacation is unheard of.

Comment

Working...
                              X