Newbies in Need- day 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need- day 23

Good morning everyone hope everyone is feeling good, and ready for the weekend, I think this is the time that most people find difficult. Last night I went to a friends house, it was her daughters birthday , and my daughter plus some others were having a sleepover so she invited the mums as well. I had really intended not to drink but ended up having quite a few and more than I wanted. The point is neither my husband or my daughter were upset with me, as I wasnt drunk and I had been with people rather than drinking on my own, however that did not stop me waking at that dreaded 3am and beating myself up untill 8.30 because I had not kept af. I had so let myself down. So it proves to me more than ever that I have got to get a good 7 days in a row af and I will be so pleased with myself. I think that when you set your mind to do this for yourself then you have every chance of success. I remember when I went to AA 3 years ago this is one of the thinks they said, you have to want to do it for you and not for other people. I do have a great motivation as on July 3rd my youngest girl is attending her secondary school for her taster day before sh e starts in September, when I first came to MWO I mad a vow to myself that I would be sorted before she starts and I am determined I will. So lets all get going on our goals and keep on supporting each other on this thread, I think we should keep it going through July as well. Have a great day everyone catch up later. :h

LIVE WELL,
    LAUGH OFTEN
    LOVE MUCH.

Newbies in Need- day 23

Morning GG,

Sorry about your slip but it does't sound too bad, and great that your hubby an the kids were ok with it, they can obviously see the progress you are making and the effort you are putting in. Don't be too hard on yourself, and if you start again today you ban get a really good run of af days before your daughter's taster day.

I nearly caved last night, we have fish & chips on a Friday and the bf asked me if I wanted a couple of cans, I said no, but I was very tempted to phone him while he was out to get me some. I've bought some L-Glute as an extra backup this weekend and I think it made me feel a it odd, like hot and flushed and I had real problems getting to sleep. Don't know if it was a real reaction or all in my head. I'll do a bit of research on it.

Don't know if I'm going to be able to go to my mom's today. The car packed up yesterday (something to do with wheel bearings??) so my FIL is trying to fix it as we speak. If it can't be fixed we'll have to try and borrow a car or maybe get a coach. I have to go home this weekend as the kitten is coming next week and I don't want to leave him alone over night for a few months.

It never rains but it pours!! Although the real rain has stopped finally and it is quite pleasant today.

Good luck over the weekend everyone, let's do our best and not let the weekend spoil our goals.

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Comment

Newbies in Need- day 23

Hi guys.

Thunder and lightening here last night-freaks me out!!!

garden girl, is really difficult not to have a couple when out having a lovely time, but great to see you didn`t get sloshed, and hubby and kid showing they have faith in you by not being mad at you. I think it`s the getting drunk that really upsets our families as opposed to `sensible`(lol) drinking.

Kitty, well done on resisting the beer with the `chippy`. Lucky you getting a new kitten.

Had my weekly wine last night, so back to AF all wk..........I hope!!!!

Going shopping soon - feels great to be able to shop without buying wine.......was a daily obsession just a coupla wks. ago.

Have a great day garden girl and kitty and all to follow.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in Need- day 23

Newbie Here

I posted for the first time last night and would like to check in with you newbies this week if it is alright with you. I am on day 6 af today, but with it being saturday I am alitlle worried. Can't remember the last Saturday I went to bed without passing out. I do feel different though because I really know that I have to do this or my life is going to be horrible. I NEED to change: now. So to all of you who are doing so well congrats and to those who are not keep at it. If I can make it 6 days af everyone can. We all just have to want it for ourselves. Good Luck all and thanks for reading.:new:

Comment

Newbies in Need- day 23

Welcome to Newbies in Need time2change. 6 days AF is fab-well done!!

Funny you should say that about a Sat. night, as I`ve always felt that Sat. night is like the pinnacle of the weekend. Am moderating(newly) on 1 btl./ wine a wk. now-shame I drank it last night!!! lol

Good luck for tonight !!!

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in Need- day 23

Stay Strong

Thanks. I plan on not drinking and if I start telling myself that right now I hope it will sink in. funny though I feel like I can't waste those 6 days by blowing it tonight, so I feel strong. Hope my strength rubs off on all the newbies. I have been trying to get this under control for over a year. I go to work almost everyday hung over. That is after I sneak the empties to a dumpster. Then come home and make up an excuse to hit a store so I can buy more, which get hid in a closet. I guess you could call me a closet drinker. I can't keep this up anymore. I see peolpe I work with or other people and I feel like they are normal and I am not. I want to be "normal" and the only way for me to feel that way is to stop this vicios cycle. Everyone good luck on a sober Satuday.:thanks:

Comment

Newbies in Need- day 23

Hi all

I am trying something new. I set a limit of three drinks. and I drink them slowly. Still no drinking alone at home allowed.

I am looking at everything I consume with an attitude that I can have a little of things but not overindulge. It's been a week on this plan and for some reason it seems to be working. I think perhaps the limit should be 2 though, ideally. I think I need a firm limit so I don't get to the stage where I have had too much that I do not care.

I read in a book that when you drink alcohol your cells crave it and will do until you change your habits. It's the same with new foods I guess. AFter you start eating wholesome foods, those are the foods you crave.

Also, I am starting my practice with habit changing on monday. Simple things to begin with. Like a shower instead of a bath every day. And maybe skip that coffee on the way to work every morning. I have a few other things in mind too.

Timetochange: Try not to build tonight into a big make or break situation. Your progress would not go away even if you did mess up tonight. Six days is really good. I think it's harder when you build abstinence up in your mind to a great extent, it makes the pressure more intense. I hope you continue. Just keep telling yourself it is a choice you are making for better health.

Comment

Newbies in Need- day 23

Diasater has struck!!

Well no trip to folks this weekend!

After many failed attempts my FIL can't get the car going and we have to wait till Monday to get some more parts. I was very upset because we are getting the kitten next week so won't be able to go away for a while. Anyway not a huge problem in the big scheme of things. My mom is going to come here in a fortnight and we have the scooter to get around on till the car is fixed.

I could murder a drink and a cigarette right now, but I know I really must try and face these kind of situations on my own. These things are sent to test us I suppose.

I'm going to order a huge Chinese feast and fill my face!!!!

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Kitty
                Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                Confucius

Comment

Newbies in Need- day 23

Hi everyone,
                  I hope everyone is haveing a good start on the weekend.
                  thanks for starting us off Garden Girl. I hope your studies are going well. So you drank, but not too much and ready to get back on track. Good idea too keep the thread going. I agree.

Kitty, sorry the trip didn't work out for you, the Chinese food sounds great though.

Time2change, glad you came by. You can make it through Saturday. We all can do it. Let's you and I do it together. Sometimes the forums are slow on weekends . If you get to feeling weak come back to this thread and post, I'll check it often today. OK.

Star same to you, come back here tonight if you feel weak and I will too.

Nancy glad to have you back.

We have not heard from Janice today, we hope she is doing well.

I just want to make a comment in general about this thread. I like coming here in the morning and seeing how everyone is doing and encouraging everyone about their day. My only issue has been is that in general somedays it seems to end at noon or early afternoon and no one checks back in later in the day. I am seeing some of the people migrating to other threads that are a little more conversational and "supportive" as soon as they learn that they are there. I appreciate feedback

melissa

I just want to make a general comment about this thread.
                  If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Newbies in Need- day 23

oh do tell rottrod!
                    where are these alternative supportive threads?

isn't part of it related to time zone?

Comment

Newbies in Need- day 23

Good idea!!!

Good idea rottrod. Think we should pop back in when convenient just to let each other know how it`s going and get some staunch support if we`re feeling tempted.

Boy, am I tempted!!! lol Am suffering from `Saturday Night Fever`, sat here at 9.30 pm, wishing I hadn`t drank all of my `permitted` quota of wine for the week last night, as I sure as Hell would absolutely lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrv some tonight!!! Am home and `dry` though(literally ha ha ha), as won`t go back out to buy any now. Have learned from this, so think I`ll just have to share my weekly booze allowance between Fri. and Sat. night as of next weekend.

These things sure are sent to try us!!!! Phewwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in Need- day 23

Thanks rottrod. I'm glad you're around. Hope you are doing well. I'll check in later.

Comment

Newbies in Need- day 23

Well if you have any Kudzu or L-Glut pop some of that. Have some other favorite beverage. I just lurk here and find some other thread that someone has just posted on and sometimes I can find one that is active. Sometimes i see is anyone is in chat. I will do anything to stay active and away from the wine. It seems tat around 10 PM central time each night a newbie pops in.
                          It takes some effort. If you are alone, pop in your very favorite movie..make some popcorn.
                          My husband goes to bed early because he carpools early so I'm pretty much on my own from 10 pm so I do those things. But, I do check my computer at least once every two hours all evening and I'm on it all day because I work from home.

Hang in there Time and Star

Comment

Newbies in Need- day 23

Nancy, I didn't mean that as a slam, I just meant that sometimes I see people are struggling and no one comes back and responds to them until the next day if at all, maybe because it is a newbies thread and it is not as widely read. So we newbies need to make a better effort to go back and maybe re read the prior days thread to catch any posts made after our own in case we missed someone in need or someone giving us encouragement that we may have missed.
                            It could partly be related to time zone as well. I'm sorry I didn't make myself as clear a s I could have. The problem again or maybe blessing in disguise is that most likely no one will come back and read this anyway.

Comment

Newbies in Need- day 23

Time to Change, you are doing great !! Kitty, wish I could share your Chinese...sounds yummy. I am in Eastern US so I think I am in different time zone from all of you. I don't like to post from work though I sometime read without logging on. I work for a large insurance company and I don't trust that our emails and postings over the network are really confidential. But I will try to check every night and sometimes in morning if I have time. So maybe rottrod and starlight I will catch up with you at night. My husband tends to go to bed early also. Well this will be my first Saturday so wish me luck !!! Only 7 pm here but nothing in house so so far so good....
                              Lilac

Comment

Working...
                              X