Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

I know I have a drinking problem that's getting progressively worse (as they always do). I'm really glad I found this web site and I'd like some advise as to wherel to begin and what's been helpful to others. Thank so much

Help!

Welcome A,

My advice is to download the book from this site in pdf. And spend a lot of time reading the research section about nutrition, exercise, hypno, etc. That is where I found the most hope because it was factual.

Glad you are here. Welcome!

lucky

P.S. There are some real fruit loops on this site. Be careful who you associate with!

Comment

Help!

Hi Audrey, (that is also my daughter's name)
      Welcome to MWO:welcome:

Click on the "health store" link above, and you can download the book right now

That is the best place to start.

You have found a very supportive and helpful community here.

I hope to see you around here more!
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Help!

I'd like to know why Q is shimmering. I think shimmer is a polite way of saying sweating. She must be really hot now that summer is here and I bet she is living in a humid climate.

But, I digress again. Back to the big warm welcome for A!!!

Comment

Help!

Welcome AudreyR.
          You`ll be O.K. There`s a whole new way of life waiting for you with all our help. Am drinking 1 night a wk. now, as opposed to nightly, thanks to all the help and support from the super peple here.

Read RJ`s story, visit the health store, and decide which tactics are for you. Reading loads of posts will give you an insight into how others have tackled our problem and how successful people have been with the various different supps., meds., hypnosis C.D.s etc.

Good luck,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Help!

Hi Audrey

I am fairly new here. It seems to me that everyone here has different stories and are approaching changing their lives in different ways.

I have not taken any meds.

I am using the stories I read here to remind me every day why I need to stop drinking.

I have plenty of horror tales of my own to draw on as well. I have really screwed up alot of things in my life by drinking too much for too long.

I am truly greatful for the support I am getting here as other people in my life who either dont have a drinking problem, or dont want to change, just dont understand where I am coming from.

I am a bit of a basket case. I feel free to admit that here under my secret identity....lol...

So to answer your question of where to start.... dont drink any alcohol today and take that first step....

Comment

Help!

Hi Audrey, welcome.
              I would agree with Lucky, get the book etc.
              keep posting and reading. Love Paula.

Comment

Help!

Hi Audrey,

I just registered to the site myself. I'm not sure how big my problem is I don't drink hard liquer or get "wasted" but I sure do like to sip on my beers. I'm going to try to educate myself more through reading the book that the others have mentioned to start. I'm doing this for me and my family. Gonna go download the book now!

-jersey

Comment

Help!

Hi Audrey and jersey,

When I first joined here I was advised to read, read and read. I was disappointed and wanted a quick solution. But it was great advice.

reading the book is a new beginning in itself as it fills you with hope and reading on here keeps you going.

Congrats on finding this site. You now have all the tools you need.

Good luck on your journey to Your Way Out.
                  Enough is enough

Comment

Help!

Welcome to our club jersey.

Wishing you much success,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Help!

Welcome Audrey and Jersey. you have found a great site. When I joined in Feb. I read the book but I have found the best way to come off drinking is to talk right here. Everyone is fantastic and will help you every step of the way. All the best. Bella xxx

Comment

Help!

I found this site and never looked back, it has really helped me a lot, and helped me understand what my hubby and family have gone through`.

I used to drink every night and get wasted as they say. But you are right Jersey not evryone here wants to stop drinking - they may want to moderate their drinking, others like me may want to moderate but probably can't, others may know straight away, so we are all different. Just keep tuning in.

Regards
                        Diamond
                        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Help!

Hi Audrey,

I just sought of stumbled here after 2 nights of drinking binges and realising that it needed to stop. I too was on the slippery slope downhill and when i realised i could easily polish off a bottle and then some in a night, i was worried. I could easily see myself falling further and further down, with the next step being vodka, because the wine wasn't doing anything anymore.

So, i came here and everybody was really supportive.

I decided to stop. I haven't had drugs or anything, but the first night was the hardest. It was a habit and an addiction, so i came here and posted when i felt tempted. I just tried to take my mind off it and once the first night was over, the rest seemed a little easier, although not easy per se. I still have a way to go and feel tempted every day.

Apart from the withdrawal, i think what really helps is to replace the alcohol with something else. For example, chocolate, good food. I even took up reading again. Another thing to buy, herbal tea. It helps with the oral fixation!

You will probably feel like sh!t for 5 days, but that will pass and you will feel clearer in the head. That is what keeps me sober today.
                          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Help!

Welcome Audrey and Jersey,

I am new here and can only repeat what others have said. Stay in touch. The people here are fantastic...so supportive and helpful ! I found that getting to that first AF day was the hardest. I also found the book and the supps to be very helpful. But whichever way you choose, you will find support and advice on this site. Keep checking in.

Lilac
                            Lilac

Comment

Help!

Audrey -- I got immediate response from the nutritional supplements...I do the whole thing...and you feel the cravings change immediately. The initial cost looks high, but how much are you spending on alcohol?
                              Blue Eyes

Comment

Working...
                              X