Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I doing?

Hi Everyone,

I've joined this site because I've got to the stage where drink was ruling my life. I have 2 kids and a loving husband but after my mum died 2 years ago, used drink as an excuse to get through life. Up until Sunday I was drinking 1-2 bottles of wine a day and I decided yesterday that enough was enough. Every time I think of drink I think of how ill it makes me and this can't go on. I feel so out of control and am terrified that it's already affected my health.
    Had a dream last night that I was stuck in a crusher and managed to climb out - is that a good sign or bad I ask!! I know I can do this, but I feel exhausted with no motivation, no appetite and feel sick - is this normal?
    SC
    :new:

What am I doing?

Hi Sweet Cheeks and welcome.

Yip, drinking as you do, the way you feel is as close as you`ll get to normal. I was drinking a btl./wine a night and felt like s***(and used to drink even more)

Last coupla wks. I`m down to a btl. a wk. thanks to coming here. If I can make a start to control my drinking, anyone can-I used to class myself as a hopeless case.

Best Wishes,

Starlight Impress

Comment

What am I doing?

hi, well done 4 realising the problem, thats the start, i think u r symptoms r normal, it takes a while for the alcohol to flush from your system, u r on your way to getting back to normal, stick around, some 1 will b able to give u some better advice soon, all i can suggest is WATER, it helps to flush things thru, take care an good luck, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

What am I doing?

Hello Sweet Cheeks (very original name - I like it), welcome to this amazing group of friends, you'll find support day and night from around the planet.
        Your dream bodes of recovery and escape - and you'll do it.
        Every good wish on your journey,
        luc
        x
        Gonnabee not Wannabee

Comment

What am I doing?

Starlight Impress;155476 wrote: Hi Sweet Cheeks and welcome.

Yip, drinking as you do, the way you feel is as close as you`ll get to normal. I was drinking a btl./wine a night and felt like s***(and used to drink even more)

Last coupla wks. I`m down to a btl. a wk. thanks to coming here. If I can make a start to control my drinking, anyone can-I used to class myself as a hopeless case.

Best Wishes,

Starlight Impress
          Wow - well done you. It's great to hear from people who are in thesame boat as me. Not sure I'm doing the right thing by going completely "cold turkey", but saw my GP yesterday morning who gave me the name of a support group.
          I'm really determined though so just need to get through the first couple of weeks and then I know I can do it. The thought of a glass of wine at the mo doesn't do anything for me at all - long may it continue! Thanks for your reply - good luck.
          SC

Comment

What am I doing?

rachel28;155477 wrote: hi, well done 4 realising the problem, thats the start, i think u r symptoms r normal, it takes a while for the alcohol to flush from your system, u r on your way to getting back to normal, stick around, some 1 will b able to give u some better advice soon, all i can suggest is WATER, it helps to flush things thru, take care an good luck, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Thx for your reply & vote of confidence.

I started on the water yesterday in the hope that it might start the process. I actually feel quite positive today at what I'm doing, so I'm hoping that's a good start.

I think I've realised that I'm wasting my life to booze and mum would never have wanted that. I'll definitely keep in touch and look forward to your ongoing advice.
            SC

Comment

What am I doing?

luc;155479 wrote: Hello Sweet Cheeks (very original name - I like it), welcome to this amazing group of friends, you'll find support day and night from around the planet.
              Your dream bodes of recovery and escape - and you'll do it.
              Every good wish on your journey,
              luc
              x
              HI there,

Thanks for your reply. Believe it or not my husband called me sweet cheeks when we first started seeing each other and it's stuck. Unfortunately it's more like saggy cheeks these days; the joys of hitting 40!!
              Appreciate your analysis on the dream - let's hope it comes true. It's good to know that I'm not alone in this and it's great to have support.
              Take care
              SC

Comment

What am I doing?

water is good, im trying but stupidly it makes me feel real ill, i been drinking to much to long, im awaiting blood test results to c how bad i messed my self up, hopefully dr will b prescribing me medicine to help the physical withdrawels, shakin, sickness etc, i dont know how old u r , im 28 an quite well screwed, there r some people that can tell u, some supplements that help with the cravings an symptoms, not sure the degree of your drinking or really sure about the wihdrawels, not ever stopped lng enuf to tell, because of the time difference, u will not get posts from a lot of people till later, they r a lot more informed than me, read thru as many old posts as u can fit in a day, BEWARE THIS SITE BECOMES AS ADDICTIVE AS ALCOHOL, !!!!

Comment

What am I doing?

Hi Rachel,

I know what you mean - must get some work done soon.

I'm 41 and have been drinking for quite a few years, but it's always been under control. Went through a binge drinking stage about 5 years ago and over the last couple of years have been drinking at least a bottle of wine a night. Feel a bit shaky today and have a muzzy headache, but don't feel too bad - at least I don't feel as bad as the hangovers. Do you feel as tho you've got sunburn?
                  Good luck with the blood tests - I'll certainly take any advice I can get.
                  SC

Comment

What am I doing?

Welcome Sweet Cheeks. Thats a nice name. you will be fine and there is so mch support here. this site has been a life-line for me. All the best and keep posting and reading. bella xxx

Comment

What am I doing?

i never had sun burn so not sure, i have drunk since i was 13 bar 2 yrs, an dont think its ever been under control, definatly not in last 5 yrs at least, last week i only had 1 beer 1 day an only 2 the next, untill the evening, i thought i was gonna die! this is y im seeing dr, i cant do it on me own, every 1 here has been great with support an advice, couldnt a done it wiv out them, thanks guys, i hope u get the same from the site as i have , keep reading an posting , thanks 4 the luc , im gonna need it!!!!

Comment

What am I doing?

Thx Bella - will do. Already feel that a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, just by speaking to you guys.
                        Maybe I will get some work done today.
                        SCxxxx

Comment

What am I doing?

Hi
                          I can certainly relate to how you feel; I've never felt so apathetic about stuff in my life and I know I've got everything to live for, including my kids. I need to do it for them if not for me.

I'm already starting to think that this was the best move I've ever made in joining up. Glad everyone can pull together to get you through it. Keep in touch.
                          SC
                          xx

Comment

What am I doing?

im just stuffin my face, sas egg beans tom s 2 eggs 4 hash browns , mushrooms an toast, feels like im at work, i work in a greasy spoon cafe, then im gonna get of my arse an domy conservatory, keep your chin up, an things do look better, x

Comment

What am I doing?

Welcome sweet cheeks

"When there's a will there's a way". You have the will to get back into control and the support and motivation you will get here will help you along. I say this from my own personal experience here on MWO.

I believe that dreams relates to our life, whether it be past, present or future. I too have had my moments of de ja vu. Take your dream as a positive sign. Think of the crusher as being the alcohol you managing to get out of it as you managing to abstain/cut down on alcohol.

Remain positive and keep posting.

All the best. Love Mandy x

Comment

Working...
                              X