Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - Day 26

Hi Everyone:

Hope all is well. I have to keep this brief, as I am babysitting in a few minutes. I successfully overcame a pretty strong craving yesterday & feel great about it today. I just procrastinated going to the liquor store & the craving passed. The end result was a restful but productive day. When I drink, I either sleep (pass out) or I keep compulsively busy. Sobriety allowed me to do some chores but to rest as well. Gee, a balanced life...what a concept! I'll check in later. Love, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Newbies in need - Day 26

Great job Mary! Sometimes that is all it takes, to wait it out. Glad you persevered. Have fun baby sitting.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 26

Hi all,

Got to dash, got another interview today at 3 for a job I really want and also start a job at 5 that I don't really want to do but will bring in some money.

Oh well see you all later.

Kitty
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
      Confucius

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 26

Checking in quickly

Hi all,

Am running late for work but wanted to check in and say hello to everyone and hope all have or have had a wonderful 26th day of June.

I resolve to do better tonight, whatever that means. I know I must get to AF but don't want to pledge it yet because I keep failing. However, keeping it down to less than a bottle of wine is a good thing for me!! (Soon upping topa to 75 mg, that may help)

I hope everyone else can keep on doing better and better until we reach our goals.

Bear - Thanks for the post on the other thread. You, Sujul, XTexan, Paula and so many others who have made it keep me going!! I know I can do this!! It makes me happy knowing I am taking those baby steps getting there. I do agree AF is the only way for me.

Rachel - Please don't fall off the ladder today - yes another thread!! I worry so much about you, girl!!

Gotta run, client awaits my great intellectual capitial.

Blessings to all,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 26

feeling so so. Joe stayed home from work yesterday due to feeling dizzy. Too dizzy to stand up......I wanted him to go to doc....thought an ear infection. He gets better. Calls me at work and asks me to bring home beer. Sigh. I do, for him and me. I asked him today (just assumed when he stayed home yesterday) that we not drink today.

I KNOW. I make the decision if I drink or not. But I really thought all day it would be a no brainer, he was DIZZY so he didn't go to WORK, surely he wouldn't want to DRINK. There I go making that Ass umptions of mine. I took my campral, haven't been today. I'm not buying beer.

Good luck on your interviews, Kitty, hope you get the one you want! Great job Mary!:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 26

Hi everyone, I'm back from vacation. Welcome to newcomers. Read yesterday's thread and it sounds like a number of people are a bit down. I hope today goes better for everyone. For those who are frustrated they broke an AF run, garden girl suggested in another thread that we count total AF days out of the month, which has been positive for many of us as at least it is a big improvement over where we were. I slipped up some while on vacation but am ready to get back on track. I have a job interview this am so need to unpack and get ready. See you all later.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 26

Hi everyone we all seem very busy today myself included, if you are in the uk you will know of the terrible floods we are having, unfortunately found out my mums house was flooded last night and she had to be evacuated. I may not be on here for a few days as I am going down to help sort house out. Water was one foot up walls downstairs. Im feeling totally stressed but in control as I should be revising but cant as im too worried about my mum, I also went to see about a job this am which I have now got to write a job application for and thats has to be in by Thursday. I have also got my exam on Thursday and I just cannot take in any revision. So slightly stressed, will try not to have a glass of wine tonight but not promising. I do know though that if I do I will have to moderate very well as too much depending on me at the moment and I need to be in control. Lets keep the thread going even it is a fleeting message that we leave, speak soon. GG:h

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 26

Hi guys. Hope you are all well.
                This is my 14th night of abstention out of the last 17 nights.
                Am missing the sedative effect of my past nightly wine.
                Feeling down, as I just cannot sleep............

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 26

Starlight, sorry you are feeling down. I know the feeling of depending on the wine to wind down. You will feel better tomorrow though if you can somehow get to sleep without it. You have been doing so well. 14 out of 17 is something I can only imagine right now.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 26

blue newbies

Well I feel really depressed too.

Everything seems bleak. Life seems empty. Things are going well with not drinking and controlling drinking though.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 26

Hi all,

Another late night for me, just got home now and it's almost midnight here, but just wanted to make myself check in. Today was a good day. Productive at work, had lots of energy, went to the gym tonight and did 30 minutes of cardio, plus lifted weights. Didn't even really think about drinking and still feel good about the 1/2 drink I had yesterday that wasn't even appealing. I have a fundraiser I'm throwing tomorrow night. I was planning on allowing myself 2 beers, but I'm really not feeling it right now, so maybe I won't drink at all. Who knows, I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

louise - I like your idea about counting the number of sober days each month. I think it's so easy to be hard on yourself and focus on the negative if you do drink and break a long alcohol-free stretch. But drinking 5 days a month is really 25 AF days, and for many people that's a big improvement. I think it would help to focus on the positive, especially when it's so easy to feel bad about ourselves that we forget to celebrate the successes.

Hope everyone is doing well tonight.

NYCGirl

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 26

nancy;155889 wrote: Well I feel really depressed too.

Everything seems bleak. Life seems empty. Things are going well with not drinking and controlling drinking though.
                        I think that's a part of not drinking. When we were drunk, we used to block those feelings out, now they come flooding back. But, it's not a bad thing, it's just a part of life, and if you are anything like me, you will notice that one night's sleep usually does it.

Well done to the thread starter (sorry, can't remember username) for sitting out the impulse do drink. It can be done!

I'm on my 21st day AF... I am surprised. At last, it is seeming like the habit is breaking. For some reason, buying alcohol just doesn't seem a major part of my life anymore, although the urge to drink is still there (i hope i am making sense). If i get an urge, i try to wait it out, or do something around the house.

Some good things have happened to me since i have stopped drinking. For a start, i am clearer in the head, which helps with my decision-making. I am able to spot bullshit more, which is definately a good thing! I have met this woman at work whom i really like... and i hope she likes me. And i finally resolved a medium-term issue i had with a business partner without freaking out or getting all funny. In other words, i did it in a mature and professional way (but not necessarily rational - i did what suited me though, for once).

So, all in all, apart from keeping the herbal tea companies in business and a few down and empty days as Nancy described, things are going quite well.

I hope everyone is doing well and feeling good.

For those who may be lurking, it definately is a good thing giving up drinking. You will feel so much better.
                        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 26

nancy;155889 wrote: Well I feel really depressed too.

I think that's a part of not drinking. When we were drunk, we used to block those feelings out, now they come flooding back. But, it's not a bad thing, it's just a part of life, and if you are anything like me, you will notice that one night's sleep usually does it.

Well done retteacher for sitting out the impulse to drink. It can be done!

I'm on my 21st day AF... I am surprised. At last, it is seeming like the habit is breaking. For some reason, buying alcohol just doesn't seem a major part of my life anymore, although the urge to drink is still there (i hope i am making sense). If i get an urge, i try to wait it out, or do something around the house.

Some good things have happened to me since i have stopped drinking. For a start, i am clearer in the head, which helps with my decision-making. I am able to spot bullshit more, which is definately a good thing! I have met this woman at work whom i really like... and i hope she likes me. And i finally resolved a medium-term issue i had with a business partner without freaking out or getting all funny. In other words, i did it in a mature and professional way (but not necessarily rational - i did what suited me though, for once).

So, all in all, apart from keeping the herbal tea companies in business and a few down and empty days such as Nancy described, things are going quite well.

I hope everyone is doing well and feeling good.
                          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
                          X