Newbies in need - Day 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - Day 27

Hi Everyone: I've enjoyed starting this thread. Hope you are doing well w/whatever your goal is. I've been AF but am not counting consecutive days yet. It's still too difficult, & I get really down if I slip. I do feel a shift though (for the better). I'm trying to relax when I need to. There's really no need to drive myself. When I do that, I tend to use alcohol to come down. Waking up to no hangover, & more importantly, no feelings of shame is great. I just try to keep that in mind when I feel weak. Good luck all! Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Newbies in need - Day 27

Hi Mary and all to come,

Well I'm still plodding along, had a gruelling interview yesterday and I should hear tomorrow if I've got the job. Had a very stressful day yesterday with really strong cravings for alcohol and cigarettes but made it through.

Had an awful nights sleep last night just couldn't turn my brain off, finally fell asleep when it had already got light outside then managed a couple of hours.

God this post is sounding a bit grim but actually I don't feel too bad and the best thing is today is day 10 af so double figures at last!!!

Oh and we get the kitten in 2 days, yippee!! So I'm off to buy a litter box.

Have a good day everyone,

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 27

Feeling a bit better

Hi everybody

I am feeling a little better this morning.

I noticed on one of the other posts that the hypno cds do indeed have subliminal messages about alcohol. And if you go to the website hypnotictapes.com you can read what the messages are. I thought I was just lying on a nice beach and relaxing!

So I was not very happy last night and did hypno. I thought I fell asleep during clearing track 2, but woke up at the end. i think that means I was successfully hypnotized. I also did Pilates which is wonderful.

Highly recommended. It's relaxing and good for your body. I have a DVD. Stretching out for a good long time at night seems like a good replacement for drinking.

I have also been changing habits. I don't get my double espresso on the way to work anymore. I also am no longer logging into MWO during the day and walking further toward work journey, and showering insetad of taking a bath in the morning. This is all just for practice. The book I read told the reader to notice how it makes you feel to change a habit. It makes you feel a bit weird, like something is missing. And there is longing for that latte as you walk past the coffee shops. but it is doable.

I read a new book and there were some noteworthy quotes.

[i]He that conceals his grief finds no remedy for it
      Turkish proverb

Oh God! That men should put an enemy in their mouths to steal away their brains; that we should, with joy, pleasance, revel, and applause transform ourselves into beasts.

William Shakespeare,Othello II iii, 293

Have a good day.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 27

Hi retteacher and kitty and everyone else yet to come.

Great to hear you`re both doing so well.
        Think some of us like to count the days and others find counting puts them under too much pressure.

No counting sure is working for you retteacher - you sound so uplifted -am so very pleased for you, so keep on `not counting`.......great stuff!!!

Blimey, you`re a tough one kitty, giving up the ciggies and the booze at the same time........not brave enough to attempt that one, so holding onto my smokes like grim death!! lol
        You decided on a name for the new wee kitty?? Happy for you awaiting him.
        10 days AF is fab., and no ciggies.........Phewwwww!!!!

Well, counting the days seems to work for me. Have been AF for 14 of last 17 days. No sleep though, but lots of people here have given me advice to get some supps. to aid sleep, so am gonna have to do so, before I turn into a complete zombie!!!!

Hope all the Newbies (and everyone else) have a fantastic day,

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 27

Yes, waking up to no hangover is better than drugs.
          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 27

Hi all,

Nancy I'm glad you are feeling a little better. The changing habits idea sounds like a very good idea.

Starlight well done on 14/17 that's brilliant, it is interesting how we count our days. If I slip I will still count the af days as they are so important. I think it matters the most just to try and notch up s many as we can, rather than the stringing them all together.

The kitten's name changes daily, we have been waiting 11 weeks for him and we've been through loads. We are going to wait now because I think his personality will decide his name. He was so funny when we visited a couple of weeks ago, he played like a maniac and did the funniest things.

See you all later,

Kitty
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
            Confucius

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 27

RetTeacher, it sounds like you are doing extremely well. If not counting works, don't do it. You don't want to put yourself in a place that makes you feel badly about yourself.

Nancy, very glad to hear you are feeling better!! You were sounding waay too down yesterday. Love the quotes. My daughter and I both love Shakespeare. He could say so many things with so few words.

Kitty, amazing. I sit here smokin' away. Ick what a nasty habit. Enjoy the new kitty. I have always had cats in my life. Love having them. Don't know why, they just calm me. I have a dog, too. I'm one of those who like both.

Starlight. It seems you just keep on trucking on and doing so well!! :goodjob:

I wish I was where you guys are, but I am doing better and better each day. Haven't been drunk in a couple of weeks and have kept it below a bottle of wine now. I am using topa and have upped my mg to 75. Hopefully, like Paddy, the topa will help me. I am such an addict. I hate to have to use a crutch but if that is what it takes, I will do it.

To all of you and those who come after, have a serene and joyful day.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 27

Hi all. And thank you Mary for again starting the thread. A new kitty, boy I wish I could get one....but three cats and a dog......if anything we will get another dog. I haven't been doing well, haven't really been trying. Can't seem to find the motivation I once had. Took my campral this morning and really aim not to stop after work for beer tonite. After I get over the AF day 1 it's easier.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 27

Hi all,
                  Retteacher you are doing so well. I am feeling better than I have.Decided I'm just going to try the one day at a time approach.Not much to say today.Later.bird

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 27

Retteacher, Kitty, Starlight, you are all doing so well !! You too DB2, I could never withstand someone showing up at my door and offering me a free bottle of wine !!! Day 9 for me today and now I am hiding those supp bottles with "MYO ALCOHOL RECOVERY PROGRAM" plastered all over them rather than the wine bottles as no one knows I am doing this. Seriously I feel really good. I am sleeping so much better, exercising again and am beginning to feel like my "old" self. But as I have said...not real social challeges yet...so we will see. Have a good night. PS. Great to see you again bird...I so love that avatar.
                    Lilac

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 27

Great to hear so many people doing well: Retteach, Kitty, Starlight, Change, Lilac. Glad to hear you are feeliing better Nancy and Bird and db2 you are making nice progress as well. Hope you have been able to get your motivation back Hart. I also slipped quite a bit on vacation and could feel myself not being as energized about it but am back on track and giving myself pep talks and started drinktracker again.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 27

My son says:

For crying movies: (Sad and funny)

I am Sam is the one movie that made him cry.

However Porky's Revenge was a movie that made him laugh so hard he cried.

So did Weekend At Bernie's
                        and all of the American Pie's

I, however, will NOT weigh in as I am a female and don't really count on this thread.

:H

Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 27

Oh my gosh, Weekend At Bernie's is so funny. Is that the one about the dead guy who's friends parade him around like he's still alive? If it is, i am going to watch it again. Love a good comedy.

The Naked Gun movies are funny also.
                          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
                          X