nursing a hangover...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nursing a hangover...

Ok, I started out with a few last night to take the edge off my anxiety...totally helped, but of course I went out and had a ton more with a friend. I usually don't drink during the week because of work, but I don't have to be in today until this afternoon..so I went out big time and am feeling pretty crappy, physically and emotionally this morning. I will be OK of course, can't undo what's done. I want to do a 30 day AF. I have done that before in the past and it has helped reel in my behaviour if only for a while. I don't know why this time it seems so daunting. I think I am just in a place where I don't entirely trust myself and if I commit to do this and fail I'll feel even worse. For the women here...when I have PMS I really tend to crave and binge, I have heard this mentioned as something that happens to some women. Are there others here with that issue? How do you handle it? thanks.

nursing a hangover...

i m 1 that it happens to, i have been on my period for 2 weeks going insane, cant really give any advice cos the way i feel today im just gonna crawl up my own ass an stay there, forever felt really positive about doin just 1 day af free, now i cant stop cryin cos im doubting that i can even mannage that, im bloody hopeless, ? chocolate maybe!!!
    :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

nursing a hangover...

Out,

Today is a new day! All you can do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start over again:l

I also have cravings when I am PMSing..........I feel like such a bitch when it's that time for me too. Sadly, if I over do it during that time, I'm just a mouthier bitch:H

I think 30 days is a great idea. It lowers your tolerence and gives you the feeling of control that you need right now.

Did you take any suppliments or meds last time you 30 days?

Maybe that will be what you need this time.

You can do this!

Hugs,
      Rachele
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

nursing a hangover...

Oh no!

Racheal, I so understand how you feel. Women who don't have this issues have no clue how bad it can be, but please don't crawl up your ass it'll be dark in there lol. I think I'm going to get myself a massage this week. I never do that. Might be good for you too. Maybe even better than chocolate (as if that's possible) You are Ok whether you go 1 day or 2 or none. Take care.

Comment

nursing a hangover...

Me, I used to crave and binge worse then but only just a bit worse as I used to crave it all the time.

From the time I woke up till I went to bed I would be thinking where can I buy it, when can i buy it and have i got the money to buy it !!! Keep reading the posts on here and also people can give you advice here too. xx
          I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
          I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

nursing a hangover...

A massage and chocolate are both great ideas too
            :h :h :h :h

Comment

nursing a hangover...

OUT,

that made me laugh out loud for real,

QUOTE: ''don't crawl up your ass it will be dark in there !!''
              I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
              I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

nursing a hangover...

Thanks Quiescent

What a great screen name. I love the word Quiescent. The last time a did a 30 day I didn't use suppliments and then maybe with a couple of PMS exceptions I really didn't have cravings. I had desires, mostly I think from withdrawl of habits and rituals more than alcohol. This time however I think I could use some help with cravings. I am going to try some of the suppliments in the book and I am ordering the cds today too. Thanks for the support.

Comment

nursing a hangover...

i dont think i ll ever b ok, i should of had my hair cut for my birthday but i been so busy getting drunk, i not even done that, so lol a massage nice thought, think my butt is best option right now, xxx

Comment

nursing a hangover...

Hi out,
                    I don`t suffer from PMS, so can`t comment on related binges, but have seen lots of posts from women who binge then, so am sure you`ll get lots of advice soon.

Really just wanted to comment on the recommended 30 days ABS. You`ve done it before, so am sure you could probably manage it again if you psyched yourself up for it. I felt as you do at the moment, that abstaining for 30 days just seemed too daunting, and was convinced it would make me totally miserable. Result was, I couldn`t get myself to make a start, as I truthfully didn`t want to go an entire month without wine.........I love it.

So I decided any period of abs was better than none and made my start. I did 5 consecutive days AF, then jumped straight to moderation. Am in my 3rd wk. of successful moderation, save for 1 slip. Have gone from a nightly btl./wine to a weekly one. Have been AF 14 out of last 17 days. Only preparation I did was to halve my consumption for 2 nights before doing the initial 5 days abs.

I do think the 30 days abs idea is probably the best idea to be thoroughly cleansed of alcohol, but 30 days to me just seemed like forever. Think we all have to concentrate on finding the strategy that will work for oneself, and although mine is not typical, I feel liberated.

Wishing you good luck,

Starlight Impress

Comment

nursing a hangover...

Yes, a good strategy...

Thanks Starlight Impress. How absolutely reasonable and sensibile of you. Any period of abstinence is helpful while sorting things out. I think I might just give up all or nothing thinking/behavior for 30 days. That would probably be the cure for everything. Good for you for doing so well, that is really helpful to hear. Going from a bottle a night to one per week is amazing...I love wine too.

rachel, henceforth known as the "ASSMASTER"

actually rachel you are OK, you have no choice try to be kind to yourself anyway you can.

Comment

nursing a hangover...

when i mannage just 1 day mayb i can begin being kind 2 myself, im fxxxxxg useless, so i guess i ll have to b the ass master untill then, i cant go on like i am an i cant c a way out,

Comment

nursing a hangover...

people's laughter...

makes me happy. thanks for the laugh diamond. It is even helping my hangover. The worst thing I think about hangovers is well...
                          hangovers. Seriously, the physical stuff is crappy for sure, but it is the despairing self loathing that is so hard. I am feeling better.

Comment

nursing a hangover...

Hey Rach

You sound in pretty rough shape today, can you find a way to be around other people, another person today...even if you don't feel like it?

Comment

nursing a hangover...

typing

Hey assmaster, you must at least be out of your butt to type...should we just call you stinky now?

Unless you torture tiny kittens or pull the wings off of beautiful butterflies you are Ok in my book. I will have to log off soon, but know that if you can't be kind to yourself today, I'll do it for you. I will send you kindness throught the day. cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X