Newbie from the UK...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from the UK...

:new: Hi everyone, I'm new to this forums community, although not new to the way that forums work. I live in the UK, I'm 33 years old, a single female who lives alone with my gorgeous pussy cat for company.
    I struggle with a variety of mental health issues. Alcohol addiction being one of them. But like so many of us, I use the alcohol to 'self-medicate' when I'm finding it difficult to cope with other stuff. I've also beeb battleing away with Major Depressive Disorder; OCD; and Anorexia, for more years than I care to remember.
    A bit more about me... well I'm kind of familiar with the way the whole forums thing works, because I already administrate/help run a couple of of website forums of my own. Which are focused on helping people with Eating Disorders and their associated health problems (both physical and mental) to work their way towards recovery. Yes, I know it's a shameless plug to tell you it, but I'm rather proud of it, and if there is anyone here who is struggling with an eating disorder then feel free to pop over and join in the discussion boards we have going. Just check out my profile for the URL.
    So why I'm here. Well for too long now I've been fighting a losing battle with alcohol, most I binge drink a couple of times a week, and I just want to stop it for good. So I'm here searching for the answers, hoping for support, and interested in making a few friends along the way.
    Ok, that's me in a nutshell... I'm off to look around the forums now and just hang out for a while. :thanks: :l

Newbie from the UK...

Hi dark angel and welcome.

Hope you find what you`re looking for here.

Good luck,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbie from the UK...

Hi Dark Angel and welcome,
      stick around, keep reading and posting, you will get lots of support.
      Love Paula.

Comment

Newbie from the UK...

no worries about the shameless plug. A few people on this site have been looking for help with eating disorders and some find that once they get the alcohol sorted out, the eating disorders arise.

i hope you find some solace here.:welcome:

Comment

Newbie from the UK...

Hi Angel,

Welcome to the site. You'll find loads of info and great support here. I've suffered with depression for as long as I can remember and had a few problems with ED's although none too severe.

Try and download the book if you can as it is a great starting point and just have a really good read of the posts here.

There are lots of different daily threads, for newbies, moderators and those who choose abstinence.

Look forward to seeing you around, and nice to have anothe Brit!!

Kitty
          Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
          Confucius

Comment

Newbie from the UK...

Hi Angel, good to have you here. I have also had some issues in the past, that I really didn't understand. OCD,which I think may have caused some eating dissorders...excessive exercise, meticulous calorie counting, among other wierd behaviors that I just thought were just querky. A history of panic attacks, I also believe I have had some manic-depressive episodes, all of which I thought were brought on by stress, and thought this was normal. My family has had these things crop up over the years so I didn't think it was out of the norm. To make things worse, my husband has alot of the same issues, so he doesn't think they are problems either. And we are the types that think we should suck it up and keep it to yourself. Probably has caused me to self medicate. I am happy that I found this website, I can relate to so many people on here and finally have come to the conclusion that I need to address these problems and be aware that they are not normal. I hope you can learn from us and we will be able to learn from you. Your website is very cool. Glad to have you here. Buffy

Comment

Newbie from the UK...

Hi , ive had anorexia , o.c.d. (in a different format to anorexia) and a current drinking problem! What a bunch we are!!!!!

Comment

Newbie from the UK...

Hi dark angel newbie, I guess I am still a newbie too. I'm close to your age (ok, a little older) and love cats and am battling a number of similar disorders. Got a couple of kids in the equation, as many do. Anyway, This is a great place and welcome.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Newbie from the UK...

Hiya dark Angel,

me too I have had depression too and alcohol problems too,
                  I hope you get advice that you want here

Diamond XX
                  I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                  I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Newbie from the UK...

welcome dark angel...me too with similar problems...you will find comfort here in others with the same struggles...like minds they say...stick around and read all you can...there is so much great info here..:welcome: .buckle

Comment

Newbie from the UK...

Hi DA, welcome, glad you found us. Look forward to reading your posts.

L
                      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Newbie from the UK...

Gosh, i feel like one BIG 'disorder' right now.

But, yeah, welcome to the boards Dark Angel. I hope you find what you are looking for here.
                        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Newbie from the UK...

Hi Dark Angel and welcome .......

I suffered with anxiety and depression and used alcohol to 'self medicate' and it wasn't until I found the strength to control my drinking that I realised that the alcohol was actually making it worse .....

I'm in the UK too ....

BB xx
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                          X