Here goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here goes

Have been a member for some time, and started out on journey then faltered and stalled...Have ordered starter pack of supps again plus some additional cds.
    Oh I really want to do this. No-one knows the extent of the problem, my husband, who loves me , hasn't a clue. I feel ill, my palms are blotchy and hot and have several spider naevi on my chest.
    I have two very young daughters who are the world to me, so why I keep drinking is a mystery.
    Husband taking the girls for a holiday with his parents soon. I plan to use this week as a detox, oh I want to stop drinking before it kills me, but is it too late?
    Pipsqueak

Here goes

Pipsqueak, it's never too late - always remember that!

Sounds like you have a plan in place, which is a great place to start. The body is an amazing thing and can recover from heavy drinking.

Best of luck to you.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Here goes

yep. never too late. pls PM me.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Here goes

Am so rubbish at whole website thing, do not know what pm means. Will have to log off soon for tonight as husband will be back up soon. Am just so messed up with whole thing, I really don't know which way to go.
        Pipsqueak

Comment

Here goes

tell me yr nmbr. I'll call.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Here goes

Pipsqueak

You sound like me - desperate! You don't know why you drink, you've got kids but you still do the drinking thing. Then you get the guilt, the depression.... I could go on but I want you know you are not alone. The MWO people are fab, I've been a lurker for ages and I have really been impressed by the support on here.

You are not alone. You can beat it, you will beat it. I'm with you. Next week is my detox week. It's gonna be hard but I'm determined.

Hope you are ok. Please keep posting.
            Bibby

PS forgot to mention that like you, my husband has no idea of the extent of my drinking. The number of times I've made excuses not to go on trips with him and the kids is unbelievable and all because I had the sweaty palms, the craving, etc. You are beating yourself up at the moment but it will get better.

Comment

Here goes

Good luck detoxing pipsqueak and Bibby.

Best wishes,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Here goes

Welcome pipsqueak and Bibby.:welcome:

It might be a good idea to talk to doc or medical person to get additional help in detoxing, it can be awful.

You both seem to have a plan. Check in with us often.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Here goes

Hi pipsqueek, welcome to MWO, hope you find all you need here. Good that you have a plan for the coming week, could I suggest reading through past posts here - they really are inspiring. PM means private message, AF means alcohol free. Looking forward to getting to know you, just ask anything you want to, someone will answer.

L
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Here goes

Right, now family away having great time without me, no sarcasm intended, will begin detox, not tomorrow but day after. No docs, no meds and apparently no supps as havent arrived yet, but still have some from previously trying. Have topa which ordered online but ridiculously scared to use it.Good luck me.
                    Pipsqueak

Comment

Here goes

pipsqueak,
                      am wishing you all the luck in the world!!!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Here goes

Hello this is my first time here

:new:
                        I am brand new to this and also to this posting thing. This is actually my 3rd attempt to post, so please forgive me as I stumble through this. I tried to post once somewhere else, I don't know if it took, but I read pipsqueek's entry and the replies and am suffering from the exact same issues, so I'm introducing myself again. I have 3 wonderful children, a blessed life all around, why can't I shake this? What is my problem and why do I have to have it?

Can you tell me how this whole MWO thing works? Where does one begin? What are you all getting from it?

Thanks.

Comment

Here goes

it did take me. in newbies in need day 5. you have a welcome or two waiting for you to read!

may i suggest that you click on 'thread tools' at the top of the thread you posted on. 'subcribe to thread' you can keep a track of that thread. clicking on 'quick links' at the top of the page takes you back to those threads.

oohh i hope i havent made you head hurt, mine is.

roxane

Comment

Working...
                          X