Anyone got an aspirin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got an aspirin?

OK, so I went out last night since I don't have to work today and way over did it...again. Lots of Grey Goose Cosmos (rocket fuel) and a big bar bill--ikes!. I had thought I would only have a couple...a hemm, occasionally I can do this and other times I start and go like the energizer bunny, most of the time I am excessive, the degree of excessiveness varies. This is a very boring pattern, I realize and I want to shake it. I don't know if I will moderate or need to abstain yet. As upset with myself as I now am...why do we never remember the hangovers when we drink? I do know I do this less now than I used to and I just started seeing a cognative behavioural threrapist to find more effctive ways of coping and I ordered the cds. I might try a med, I mentioned in another post that I was going to try stablon, a french antidepressant that has some alcohol reducing effects and almost no side effects. I want to try that for a while and if I need to I'll add one of the meds talked about in the program. I probably will do this again, but I can go for doing it less often. I would like to try to moderate eventually, if i can, as I do apprieciate really nice wine with food.

Anyway for as much as I drank, I was drunk, but not nearly as drunk as I should have been. I do try to practice harm reduction strategies, such as making sure I eat and drink plenty of water, don't drive etc. Anyway, I was hanging out with a couple of barflies as the local tavern. One really nice women and her really annoying friend and a co worker of the woman's. We were essentially singing and having a good time. Oh, I could tell a long and uninteresting story, but I'll cut to the chase. We were sitting at an outdoor table when the woman puked right there twice on the ground. I didn't even think she was that drunk and then a little while later the annoying guy who had gotten himself flagged fell over out of his chair...now mind you I have worried about that happening in those chairs when I was sober, but. The woman's co-worker was an amazing calming presence through the whole night, he seemed like a really lovely person. I was embarrased, he wasn't. The woman was embarrased, but not enough to leave. I definately would have left. I didn't want to embarrass her more by leaving right after, although that's what I wanted to do. I left shortly afterwards. The whole thing was kinda surreal, but it was a wake up call for me to not want to go that far. I mean I have, I've certainly done my share of puking and falling over, but just not in that environment..and I am just starting to feel too old for it. I'm 38.

Anyway I just feel crappy this morning and am tring to make some use of my experience last night without stressing myself out. Has anyoe here mastered assessing something honestly and thinking about change without judging themselves harshly...I would love to hear from you. Thanks for listening.

Anyone got an aspirin?

hi out...welcome on board...dont beat yourself up over last night and be glad it was a wake up call.not an attractive site vomiting is it..i,ve done some toilet hugging in years gone by too!!

So i would say read the posts on here, set a goal for yourself for some personal changes. look at strategies people on here use .alot of people prefer to start with 30 days Alcohol free to clear their heads...as i said in another post earlier today thats 672 hours of work to re think some of your old mind sets, do some inner work which in the end will improve the rest of your life no end???

nothing less attractive than a vomitting male or female drunk.....i know i,ve been one many years ago.

definitley not preaching as i too am struggling the booze problem as is everyone on here!!
    sorry you feel "crappy" today .i would suggest drink water,get some rest and start today with your personal goal of change.............as you said yourself you are fed up with falling over and vomitting .................it doesnt have to be like this forever.

good luck and keep posting.

regards Cassy

Comment

Anyone got an aspirin?

Hey Out GM,
      sometimes I think seeing this behaviour is in itself quite sobering . I mean
      this is what we look like when we go overboard . Unfortunately, we often do not remember
      otherwise, we we never go there.

Comment

Anyone got an aspirin?

Out: I can relate. I have done a lot of stupid things in the public such as falling off the bar stool, dancing like a fool and falling on the dance floor, etc.... Not too long ago, I was sober for 42 days. My husband and I were with a group of 16 in a restaurant at Atlantic City. One of the women in our group was real drunk. I was embarassed for her and her husband. She kept taking everyone's food and dumping it in a big plate dividing it up for all of us to share. She was a sloppy mess. Another fellow at the table was so pie eyed that he fell asleep (past out) at the table, knocking over a bottle of red wine all over his white shirt. What a mess he was. I was thanking God it wasn't me... Yet I know, I have been there and have done a lot of disaterous stuff too. I'm on my second day of AF. I'm serious this time around to quit for good. Too many people know I have a drinking problem. I can't hide it anymore, and I'm certainly tired of feeling guilty and embarassed for what I did and said the night before. I plan on making a list today of all the stupid and disgusting things I have done (all that I can remember) and review it on a daily basis. My last episode consisted of me having BBQ sauce on my sweatshirt and matted in my hair. This was only 2 days ago. Never did I start out cooking dinner to find that I would wind up drunk and passed out on the couch with BBQ sauce all over me.
        September 23, 2011

Comment

Anyone got an aspirin?

Hi out,
          Think although you overdid it last night, you`ve already noted you`re not doing that quite so often. Am 42 and think that around the 40 mark, we begin to feel that we no longer have the stamina for the excessive drinking that we had in our youth.

Think last night`s experience has been good for you, in that you were almost like on the outside looking in, where you could actually detach yourself from the situation and see just how disgusting and unacceptable it is to polite company for us to look the worse for wear through drink.

Have looked a right sight so many times as a result of getting smashed..........quite sad actually, when I think of all the trouble to which I went to look `just so` on those evenings, only to look like a dishevelled, drunken wretch as the night drew to a close.

So saying, such events are easily forgotten and before we know it, we`re recovered from the hangover and back on the slippery slope. But I think we all reach the stage where we just don`t want to do any of that any more.........I know I don`t.

I wish you strength out.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Anyone got an aspirin?

it was quite a sight...

and I really felt bad for the women, from what I know of her she is a very kind person and I keep finding out that she has all these serious health issues and continues to drink and smoke..although she has said she does it far less than she used to and i do believe in the harm reduction philosophy, "any positive change", so I credit her for cutting down, but worry for her health...i guess I also need to care about mine too!

You know I posted a while back about how I started having more issues with drink when I went on lexapro. I always was a bit of a binger, but on the lexapro I started binging more and having blackouts and while I am no longer on the lexapro and am no longer having blackouts, since the stint with lexapro I do have more fuzziness and forgetting of little bits and pieces or have to think really hard to remember. I was really angry for a while that this med seemed to fuck up the enjoyment of my favorite habit! Today I am trying to view it as a blessing because even although I could "handle" what I was doing before, I was still really hurting myself. The trusth is no one in my life has ever judged me harshly because of my drinking except me. That the lexapro did something to me to force me to be afraid and consider will probably help me change. That's how I feel today...tommorrow, well we'll see.

Thanks, I was trying to do the 30 days. I think I wound up doing about 12 this time. I have done 30 before and not found it too difficult, but this time it seems harder.

I have been stuggling on and off for a few years to try change the drinking habits, I even fell out with some long term drinking buddies, for while I can still go out and party it up it's not the only thing I want to do, nor do I let it be the centerpiece of everything in my life. I do know I am worth more than this behaviour so I don't always understand it when I engage in it, but I can't seem to trust myself not to go there sometimes. I would like to just drink or not drink like a grown up! Argh!

Comment

Anyone got an aspirin?

I'm really not the insenative idiot that I'm about to potray myself as but: My Ass does burn,,,, I had Mexican food last night. I really do care about your sobriety ! Please Read & Post ! IAD:welcome:
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Anyone got an aspirin?

Sometimes you just have bigger priorities!

A burning ass would count as one in my book! Hey, thanks for sharing-)

Comment

Anyone got an aspirin?

Finally bit the bullet

and ordered the book and cds. I had been holding off due to the cost, because I can't afford it, etc. Realized that if it was ok to put my $100 meal and bar tab on my credit card last night, i'll find a way to pay for this too.

Comment

Anyone got an aspirin?

Way to go OUT !
                    Ya, all the money we pissed away (can I say that ? ) Any way.....Carry on. IAD :goodjob:
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Anyone got an aspirin?

Scarey, I can relate to almost all the posts on this thread and when I look in detail I realise I do have a problem. The energiser bunny, falling over on the dance floor, talking to god down the big white phone, the previous night a total blank etc.. etc.. . I must have looked the village idiot but at the time people around you find it funny and egg you on and see no harm in all of this.

At least OUT you realised at the time it was a sad state to be in.

Purps.

Comment

Anyone got an aspirin?

thanks...

"talking to god down the big white phone". That was the funniest metaphor I ever heard for this particular event. Even though it ain't funny when it's happening! Everybody has to figure out for themselves what their issues are. I went for years and didn't have inner turmoil over my drinking behavior, it was all quite fun, but that's changed and maybe I just want more now. When you or I read the posts and relate to each other I sometimes think about all the people who are engaging in these behaviors and don't want to or even want to think about changing it. At least we're questioning.

Comment

Anyone got an aspirin?

Out, Your right, there must be a lot of folk out there in the same predicament who carry on regardless, I know I was there for a long time. Then it creeps up behing you.................

Comment

Anyone got an aspirin?

Think everybody loves a drunk as long as the drunk is not them!!!!

Starlight Impress

Comment

Anyone got an aspirin?

I started having more issues with drink when I went on lexapro. I always was a bit of a binger, but on the lexapro I started binging more and having blackouts

BEEN THERE!! For me Effexor was the worst, turned me into an absolute drunk; daytime drinking, blackouts, and cravings for the first time in my life! Scared me to death!

Comment

Working...
                              X