Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning

Hello all,
    I am 28 and under all typical standards doing incredibly well. I manage 9 facilities and am the super animated guy that draws all the attention. However a typical day would be: get up @ 730am-9am either drive to one of my facilities or work from home and even if I "Log off" work at 3pm or as late as 11pm or so, I will (and always have) drink between 12-18 beers (less if liquor) go to bed tipsy @ 12-1 (relatively speaking) and get up and do it all over again. On the weekends I may have a little more if I am entertaining, but same result occurs. although motivated in the morning I am still a little bogged down due to the many drinks i have EVERY night, but my excuse is that im still super motivated after 30mins to and hour after I get up and handle work, home maintenance and my relationship. Question is am I just a really motivated worko alchololic, or just consistenly making excuses for my drinking. I would love to hear your feedback. I appreciate it!:thanks:

Learning

Loverboy, a lot of us overdrinkers are overworkers too I've noticed. Seems to be related to obsessive/compulsive disorder somehow. Fortunately some supplements such as inositol are beneficial for reducing cravings and for mitigating OCB as well. (helps me incidentally).
    My life is so much more enjoyable and easier to manage when I'm alcohol free, including managing my mental condition and emotional intelligence...it's actually helped me to be less frantic and freaked out. Big welcome to you and look forward to typing with you more.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Learning

Hi loverboy and a warm welcome.

I appreciate that your drinking doesn`t seem to be causing any problems in your personal or professional life. However, you are relatively young and I think as you get older you may well find that your coping skills start to fade due to your level of drinking.

Alcoholism is a progressive illness, which is qualified by the fact that most of us began our drinking `careers` as social drinkers, which progressed through us being problem drinkers and ultimately alcoholics.

You seem to be erring on the side of caution, as you realize that you are currently `getting away` with drinking too heavily, yet are aware and somewhat concerned just how long you could manage to cope as well as you are at the present time.

My own thoughts on the matter are that so many of us were just like you at one point, in that we seemed to `have it all`. Sadly, as the drink escalates and we get older, all too often what happens is that it all starts to fall apart, as we hear of people who have lost everything to drink, apart from their very selves.

Becoming aware of our drinking being too heavy is perhaps the first step to realiziing that excessive alcohol has a relentless power of destruction...........

I wish you well,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Learning

Hi Loverboy

You are lucky you can be so motivated and drink I go the opposite way I get very lazy......BUT i completely agree with what Starlight impress has just said the drinking escalades and thats what happened to me.And I canrt get away with it no more im 31.

Take care :h

Comment

Learning

I agree with starlight trhe older you get, the longer the drinking years the more likely to succumb to worse hangovers, memory loss etc and occasional days off work due to severe hangover increase to 3 or 4 days off each week etc until your boss gets to hear about it and colleagues start noticing more etc, etc. Luckily this didn't happen to me - I think I caught it in time.

I don't want to paint a bad picture but you have done the right thing by recognising it in time.

By the way LOVE YOUR NAME !!!!!!

Diamond
          I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
          I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Learning

LB, just briefly you are at one of the stages I went through before things began to get out of hand. suggest you try a few days AF and cut down before this thing takes over and become out of control.

Is your work stress related or do you drink to celebrate achievement??

Purpl

Comment

Learning

I agree with purpleneck. Try a week or two AF and see how you feel

bear
              What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
              ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Working...
              X