Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't think of a single reason to continue..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tired living this life of shame and secrecy. There are a million reasons to stop drinking and not one reason to continue. So, tonight I will go directly home from work and stop a the liquor store. I will wake up tomorrow refreshed and proud of myself. I stared posting here 2 weeks ago but for the most part have just been reading. I am truly in awe of all you people who can successfully abstain/moderate. The latter will not work for me. I've tried it to many times and always wind up going over the edge. My brain doesn't have a shut off switch or red light. My light is always green and the switch is always on. Any way, I like what I've been reading here and would appreciate and advice.
    Thanks,
    Aud

Hi Audrey: I too cannot mod. Once I start, that's it. I like your plan for today. I know from experience, that I feel great when I wake up after a sober day. Regardless of how crummy, tense, stressful, boring a day is, I feel better when I get thru it sober. Good luck. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Audrey.........a very good plan. I am not a moderator either. I'm an all or nothing girl and I do not have an off button when I start drinking. So sadly, it has to be goodbye to any alcohol. I wish you well tonight on your sober night and remember......how lovely it will feel tomorrow morning when you wake up!! love, Bella xxx

Comment

Hi Audrey
        Sounds like you are on the right track by getting a plan together - wishing you lots of luck & maybe we can compare clear heads tomorrow.
        x

Comment

Audrey

Everyone is different. I am too one of those who cannot mod no matter how much I try. My idea of "one" drink is getting those massive wine glasses that fits a whole bottle's worth of wine!!!

I wish you all the best.
          mandy x

Comment

Lotus that is soooo funny Im like that I get a huge glass hehehe well i used too anyway x

Comment

Thanks for your support

Well, I'm home from work w/o alcohol. Looking forward to not being sick tomorrow and not wondering who I called.

Thanks everyone,
              Aud

Comment

Lotus I have a novelty wine glass that will hold almost three bottles of wine. it's really disgusting that I know this...sigh.

AudreyR I can hear some "kickass" in your words....right on!!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Audrey, Good for you and you sound so motivated, I love it!!
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi Audrey-
                    Good for you for making it home without stopping. Huge!
                    You will be so happy with yourself in the morning.

Lisa

Comment

Audrey
                      You sound so positive and solid - and motivated! You are on your way now, girl, though it won't be easy. Congratulations on today. Tomorrow only focus on tomorrow - one day at a time. Stick with us, keep posting, we will all make it together.
                      :welcome: :goodjob:
                      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

yeah audrey. here's to one more day with no headache and no shame. yippppeeeeee. yes yes there are some of us with no off switch. at least the meds do help with those blasted cravings. tea is a nice replacement. why tonight i had gatoraide. yummy
                        :welcome:

Comment

Congrats Audrey! Keep coming here for support and more information on how to make use of the suggestions in this program--take what you need and leave the rest!

Glad you're here!
                          "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Congratulations on your good decision making today!

groovyc
                            Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
                            Talent will not-- nothing is more common than
                            unsuccessful people with talent.
                            Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
                            Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
                            Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
                            The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve
                            the problems of the human race.
                            -- Calvin Coolidge

Comment

Working...
                            X