Hypno dummy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypno dummy

ok, I just started these Hypno CDs (it took me three weeks just to work out the instructions).

My question is:
    is it ok, if you get interrupted on the subliminal one (as that so often happens in a chaotic household like mine)?

I know we should not be interrupted on the clearing and hypnotics, but even that is hard for me to avoid-- does it ruin everything if you do? Do you have to start again if you get interrupted?

Also, does anyone get bored of that guy's voice, and tired of going down the staircase/escalater/elevator over and over?

And does anyone feel like they don't really get hypnotized-- just relaxed and sleepy?

And finally, do these things really work?

thanks
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Hypno dummy

good questions Beatle, I get interrupted all the time and just pick up where I left off next time or later on if it's a short interruption...I'm sure it's still of benefit but I don't know the "proper" answer if there is one. My experiences with hypno vary quite a bit. sometimes I'm plagued with interfering thoughts and/or restlessness, othertimes I get an amazing other-worldly experience that is hard to describe. I don't know how to quantify how much it works but I do feel that it's really helping me..and not just in alcohol consumption but in my peace of mind in general.
    Yes, sometimes it can be boring going down the stairs so I'll switch to a different one, or the sleep one instead...depends on my frame of mind.
    The only really wierd thing that happens it that my mental image of myself has trouble walking and I keep getting my left foot stuck behind my right leg when I see/imagine myself walking...it's really annoying! Wonder if there is some subliminal reasoning for that?
    I donloaded the CD's to my iPod Nano which is handy for me to bring when I'm on travels etc. Hang in there Beatle!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hypno dummy

I found the CDs very helpful. Regarding the escalator going down if you are limited on time the instructions say you really only need to listen to that CD a couple of times and then you can focus on the 2nd CD for the rest of the nights which is what I did. I also find listening to it right before bed is the best quiet time without interruption. I usually fall asleep when listening to them but always wake up when they are over so I am convinced I am being hypnotized in some way.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hypno dummy

Hi beatle-

I've only done the cd's a few times-so I'm not an expert. I used them right before my big triggers and I survived them AF. I used them for extra support.

I have a short attention span so going down the elevator slowly annoys me-so I kind of fast forward it. I like the rest.

I played mine before I went to bed-about an hr or so before and at times I either fell asleep during or went under. I was relaxed in my bed, the room was dark except for the TV muted in background and kiddies were asleep. All alone.

The voice-sorry but he kind of creeps me. I get kind of paranoid when he starts talking and I'm in my dark room. I swear there is background "something" that causes me to hear things that I have to occassionally open my eyes to see if someone is in the room making noise. It's bizarre. I was going to write about it before to see if anyone gets it too and I just forgot. I'd have to listen to them again to remind myslef which one & what the noises were (it escapes me right now).

Yes-I sometimes just get the relaxed & sleepy feeling but figure it's still going into my brain. I just try not to over think too much when I do it. I used to get mad at myself for not picturing a "cool" escalator-I picture this mundane one at my local mall that's a back entrance and half the time I can't get myself to slowly go up or down. I have no patience to do it slow. I guess that's my personality-all or nothing. Goes along with my addiction-LOL.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hypno dummy

Thanks for all those insights.

So, I guess the bottom line is the hypno cds are kind of what you make them. I was hoping the subliminal stuff might actually work. But how many of you believe there really is a voice on that track? Kind of seems lik the Emperor's New Clothes, doesn't it? But if anyone has proof (or even experience) that there is a voice buried somewhere deep in that ocean-sounds loop, I'd love to hear about it. (Roberta included).

ps. Breez-- I think a lot of us must be all-or-nothing people. I'm convinced that is a paired trait with addiction.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Hypno dummy

Are you implying that the CDs sold here are some sort of a hoax? I sure hope I am misunderstanding you. Perhaps you should go to this link and read up on what the 4 step system is all about. This is the website of the man who recorded the CDs.

Hypnosis, subliminal & sleep learning combined. Since 1981.
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hypno dummy

I absolutely did not mean to imply they (or any part of the MWO program) are a hoax. Far from it, I have total respect for MWO (and that's saying a lot). All I meant was:

A) It seems the hypno CDs are more or less what people make out of them-- the same can actually be said for any part of the program (you gotta put in the effort to get the results).

B) Since I personally cannot hear anything but oceanic noises on the subliminal CD, can I really expect to get something out of them? i.e. without personal experience, I have no reason to believe I will so can somebody please convince me I will? (ever the doubter that I am). That website you sent is helpful lushy, but I'd feel more convinced and better about it if some fellow MWO-ers could concur that yes, the subliminal message has gotten through and truly helped them.

No offence intended.

Comment

Hypno dummy

For the interrupted part I listen to them when I go to bed so I don't get interrupted. Even when I am sleeping they make a difference. Thanks for the reminder I need to get back on track with these CD's.

I don't know how or why they work but from past experience they do and that's enough proof for me. I'm an easy sell.
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hypno dummy

Its hard for me to tell how much the hypno CDs help me because I started them roughly around the same time that I started everything else (Rx, supps/vitamins, and exercise). I do feel like they give me a good boost, though, and I love doing them.

For the subliminal and sleep learning ones, it should not matter if you are interrupted. The messages are playing at the subliminal level (so you can't hear them) and are repeated over and over. For the clearing and hypno ones, I think they will work a lot better if you are not interrupted. If some minor interruption occurs (like my cat jumping on the bed), I find that I can still focus on the CD so that doesn't pull me totally out of hypnosis. Same w/sounds going on in the house. But, if my DH was to come in the room, turn on the light, and/or talk to me, I think that would totally pull me out of hypnosis and so I might start over. Luckily, he's never done that. I think its important to tell your family that you need this time to yourself and insist that they respect that. Not just for the sake of being hypnotized, but just in general, I feel like I need some dedicated time and space to focus on me and getting better. I don't think its too much to ask.

If you are resistant to being hypnotized or the process (the guy's voice, the escalator/elevator/etc., imagining what he asks you to imagine, etc.), then I recommend doing the clearing CD more often because that's what its for (to get past any resistance or negative thoughts you have).

Good Luck!

Comment

Hypno dummy

Hi Beatle
                    I'm not sure if I have gotten the hang of the hypno CDs yet, so can't comment on them. But I really think the subliminal ones help a lot. I just put one of them in my computer and put some headphones on while I work on the computer. I find it very relaxing and when I use them several times a week or every day, I find myself thinking about alcohol much less. I also like falling asleep with the sleep one on. I do think they help me.

Good luck!!
                    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Hypno dummy

granted...

I just got the hypno cd's yesterday and started using them today. I did the 2 clearing sessions, they actually caused me tension. the guy's voice irritated the hell out of me and the repetition was boring, i also kept thinking about falling down the stairs/escalator/elevator (my issue completely!) . i have other hypnosis cds and have done hypnosis for other issues and never experienced this. as these cds are expensive i hope i can get past it, the voice, he doesn't seem to have the varience, the lilting soothing voice i am accustomed to for hypnosis. everyone is different, but my experience was that my back was tense and i was agitated after listening to "the clearing" perhaps the non vocal cds will serve me better.

Comment

Hypno dummy

I like the voice on the CD's myself, although there is a place where he pronounces the number 24 so strangly that sometimes I start to giggle...even in hypno!!!! it's making me giggle just writing this...good grief. ha!
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hypno dummy

wow, thanks for all the input.

I tried again last night-- maybe set myself too high goals. I put on the earphones and started on the second clearing one, imagining that I'd fall asleep somewhere around the subliminal one and then the sleep one would take over.

I really enjoyed the clearing one this time and didn't even mind the hypno (although his voice doesn't bother me, it is weird, and hard not to focus on the voice-- determinator, the one that gets me is the word "escalator" -- does anyone really say "esculator" the way he does?-- I really can't help but giggle here as I keep thinking of "nucular"-- and he says it SO many times!). ANYWAY, I started to get annoyed (maybe partly because of all the snoring next to me) and at one point I got so tense, I had to turn it off.

I guess I'll try again tonight, maybe a little earlier in the eve, after kids are asleep but before bedroom partner enters the scene.

Comment

Hypno dummy

Hi Beatle. I have to laugh...I was trying to figure out whose voice "that" voice reminds me of. It reminds me of some of the characters on Saturday Night Live played by Will Forte (I think that's the name of the actor I'm thinking of). Geez. Now that I decided that, I might have to work on a straight face during clearing and hypno.

DG

PS - I've only done each of those once so far, but I too found the stairs/escalator/elevator to seem quite long - I was wishing to replace the whole business with one high speed elevator like they have in high rise office buildings.
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hypno dummy

Clearing, Subliminal and Sleep Learning funny thing..

I was thinking of this thread when I laid down after dinner yesterday to do clearing again. When the voice started up I just mentally called the guy "Will." Now that he has a name for me, for some reason his voice doesn't bug me which it did a little bit initially. Go figure.

The word he prounounces that really stands out to me is hammock. To me it sounds like he is pronouncing it "hum-ick." That made me giggle. I'm starting to LOVE my hum-ick on the beach though.

Mr. Doggy is a techie guy, so he's been busy loading my CD's on the music server which is somehow connected to the Tivo in our bedroom. Anyway, I put on the Sleep learning CD.....I was REALLY tired last night as I didn't sleep too well the night before. So off to happy sleepland I go. Next think I consciously realize, I was mentally WIDE awake. I am laying there in my purple bikini in my ham-ick smiling and happy about my choice of abstinence (right choice for me) and I can hear the ocean and that seagull and I'm just talking to myself and the seagull and making plans for today - all the things I'm gonna do instead of drinking. And I'm thinking wow I'm supposed to be sleeping and I'm really tired, but this is really a positive thing here! Very pleasant and worth all that time on the stairs, escalater etc. Then I realize - HOLD ON!! THIS is not the SLEEP music! This is the subliminal music! Turns out the Sleep CD wasn't set to continuously loop and the server just put up the subliminal right after the sleep. **as an irrelevant side note, since I named the guy "Will" after Will Forte of Saturday Night Live, somewhere along the way I thought the seagull sounded like "The Falconer" schtick they do, so now that seagull is "Donald."****

So...I don't know WHAT is being said during the subliminal stuff, but I sure believe something is going on!! Not that I doubted it just because I have faith in this program. But I'm new to hypnosis so I was pretty amazed. Maybe it was all just a good dream? Either way, I'll take it.

DG
                              Day 3AF
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X