Signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signs

I feel like my brain is dettached from my body and I will faint at any given time!:new:

Anyhoo, every morning I tell myself that we are NOT drinking tonight and then every afternoon when I take the dog for a walk, if I see people having beer or hear people having little parties, I take that as a sign for me to have my own private party. Is that strange???

I spend the whole day making myself feel good so I can go home and drink...
    Good job!:goodjob:

Signs

Finkle, doesn't sound so strange to me. I used to want to drink alone or otherwise every night, and to exess more than not...then the arguement withmyself the next day, then rationalizations, then get stuck back into it that night...it's a tough cycle.
    The part about feeling faint is a little worrisome though...never had that unless I was on a really bad binge. been in for a check up lately? Be well....
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Signs

I don't think that's strange.

Everyone seems to have a way to 'explain' their behavior.

Personally, after being here, I have thought about it and noticed that all of my friends drink A LOT-- and that is maybe a way I've rationalized my own behavior.

So seeing others drinkin is just as good of a reason to say to yourself-- See? I should be able do that, too!

BUT here's another thought-- when you see people jogging, do you think-- I should be jogging, too?

Didn't think so! :-)

Best of luck to ya.

-groovy c.
      Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
      Talent will not-- nothing is more common than
      unsuccessful people with talent.
      Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
      Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
      Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
      The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve
      the problems of the human race.
      -- Calvin Coolidge

Comment

Signs

Groovychick you've reminded me of something funny my wife Dx and I do. when we're driving together and notice a jogger or biker we simulataneously say "sicko!"
        hmmmmm.

really though...it's easy to justify something when it's already a weakness
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Signs

I actually look at people jogging and tell myself I SHOULD be doing that hahahaha..

I think the faintness may be die to the fact that I have to take Olanzapine before bed and that makes you sleepy.

Comment

Signs

Determinator,

LOL-- I THINK THAT, TOO!

I always think, "I wouldn't run like that unless someone was chasing me!"
            -- Calvin Coolidge

Comment

Signs

LOL - I love the "jogging outfits"

Comment

Signs

Getting all color coordinated to run around among the cars seems like a step back in evolution to me.

And gyms with mirrors on all 4 walls, just so you can see the veins pop out of your neck when you do unnatural things with your body. And Lord, the butt floss. :H

Of course-- I'm just bitter because I can't seem to motivate myself to do any 'intentional' exercise. Counting the steps from my car to my front door, the stairs at the bookstore, the pacing in my home office...:baaah:

=groovy=
                -- Calvin Coolidge

Comment

Signs

Good Morning!

I'm with you and the "intentional" exercise groovychick. I had a 2 year gym contract that I used for 3 weeks! My best is the music!

My friends also drink a lot, but I drink the most! Which in turn causes me to also make the most trouble and make the biggest ass of myself. My friends use my name to explain how they pulled a "so and so" if they get drunk and embaress themselves. Nice.

Today is day 2 of mod drinking. I said AF yesterday but forgot I'd had 1 beer. Still good though, since I generally drink the equivalent to 12 and half a bottle of hard tac on a good(bad) night!

Finkle, I hear you! Sometimes I also feel like my brain is not part of this body. You taking vitamins? Eating properly? HANG IN THERE!
                  Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                  Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Signs

Plenty of good food, am taking Juice Plus wich are tablets with concentrated fruit and veg all squashed in. I know I should NOT drink whilst on anti d's, and it is probably the cause of all my angst but....

I have to exercise as I dont drive so I have to walk everywhere and I have a husky who requires ample attention and walkies :-) such a wee man

Comment

Signs

Beautiful dog! I'm also carless but have use of partner's today. Yay! I wish I had a dog so it would force me to get out. Very cold lately and I've been isolating myself. Not a good thing, it pulls me into my shell which I don't need now since I have to find a job quick quick!!

Today I really feel for drinking, have to go to old job place to take a few things back etc so that should keep me sober til I'm done. What then?
                      Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                      Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Signs

Hi Finkle. Is that your Husky in your avatar? Beautiful dog!

Best wishes to you with your drinking related goals...

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Signs

Thats my doggy, he is beautiful and cheeky all at the same time...

Its cold here too and raining, also my partner is away for work for two weeks which also makes me stay indoors with the dreaded beer...

Comment

Working...
                          X