Come One, Come All: New Years Resolution Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come One, Come All: New Years Resolution Poll

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this subject! Please copy and paste the questions into your reply, and add your answers! Let's see what we can learn from each other!

Have you ever made a New Years Resolution and kept it?

If you kept it, for how long?

If you didn't keep it, why not, and after how long did you break (approximately)?

For those who have made them and failed, can you think of a creative alternative? (Think of a time when you changed a behavior favorably- what made you successful?)

Anything else?

Just for funsies, anything you'd like to quit, start, change, achieve etc in 2016?

Last edited by jane27; December 23, 2015, 01:34 AM.
    AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

No

N/A

If you didn't keep it, why not, and after how long did you break (approximately)?

Its been a while, but I don't think I made any real attempt to keep the resolution.

For those who have made them and failed, can you think of a creative alternative? (Think of a time when you changed a behavior favorably- what made you successful?)

Write a poll, do a Google search? The only drastic promises I've made and kept were doing Master Cleanse 2x. I think I was successful in sticking to the program because it is for a defined and relatively short period of time (10 days), because I didn't feel that hungry, and because it usually results in a good amount of weight loss (5-10lbs). Both times, with no special effort I kept the weight off for 2 years.

Anything else?

They don't work for me, but I wish they did. It makes change seem a lot easier.

Just for funsies, anything you'd like to quit, start, change, achieve etc in 2016?

Lose 10 lbs, create a 3x per week exercise habit, throw a lot of stuff away.
    Last edited by jane27; December 23, 2015, 01:21 AM.
    AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Hi Jane. Here we go.

Yep

3 months

If you didn't keep it, why not, and after how long did you break (approximately)

I didn't grow

Deciding and wanting to do it as a priority

Anything else?

No

Stay of the turps. Record some albums. Increase my income. Travel.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Can't beat the lovely Bridget's list - so I won't try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQdy98B1nf0
        Last edited by satz123; December 23, 2015, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Can't beat the lovely Bridget's list - so I won't try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQdy98B1nf0
          The old ticker skipped a beat here for a second. G'day behan!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
          X