Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver

Barbara Kingsolver?s latest novel Demon Copperhead is a fictional biography set in the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia in Lee County. A former mining town the prospects for the townsfolk was bleak and unemployment was rampant. The story can be bleak but her ability to weave a masterful story kept me locked in. This book is so well written as is all her works. Kingsolver is certainly one of my favorite authors.
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Re: Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver

I agree, Techie. I'm currently reading it and am amazed by some of her sentences. And her ability to speak in different voices. I am really enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
      Barbara Kingsolver?s latest novel Demon Copperhead is a fictional biography set in the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia in Lee County. A former mining town the prospects for the townsfolk was bleak and unemployment was rampant. The story can be bleak but her ability to weave a masterful story kept me locked in. This book is so well written as is all her works. Kingsolver is certainly one of my favorite authors.
      I'm just reading The Prince of Tides and I'm getting a very similar vibe, haha. It's also about the South and can be quite bleak at times, but is also quite interesting and engaging. I'll check out Kingsolver, have never read any of her books

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
        Kingsolver is certainly one of my favorite authors.
        I just picked up The Lacuna by Kingsolver out of one o the free neighboorhood book exchange boxes, based on your recommendation of her as an author!

Comment

Working...
        X