Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you

Thank for all the replies and advice. I must share something with you. Last night I didn't have a drink and went to bed early to read my book. As I was laying there this feeling came over me and I thought "I feel happy". What a nice thought. Instead of going to bed feeling sloshed, knowing I am going to feel lousy the next day and beating myself up about it, I FELT HAPPY. I am going to hang on to that feeling.
    Have a good day one and all.

Thank you

Hi Debruce,

Congrats on getting through Day 1, that is usually the hardest. Hey, I am sorry to have written you such a long post last night, in which I never did answer your question. I guess I needed to do some sharing of my own. I will agree with DG, that I too, don't like to use the label "alcoholic". If drinking has become an issue with you then you need to fix it and it's up to you to decide whehter it's abstinence or moderation. I know exactly how you feel regarding the "feeling happy" and waking up without that crappy "ashamed" feeling, not to mentioned those god awful hang overs, oh how I don't miss them. Going to bed early was a good call :goodjob: I am sure as you continue to be AF, you will be able to find other ways to keep yourself from drinking, that's what I do. Oh and please don't forget to TRY to read the post as much as you can. I had read some real good advice that someone posted that I plan to do myself, they suggested that if you can manage to have a few days of being AF, find the very first thread you posted and compare how you were feeling then to how you feel now, that in itself for is very inspiring.

Anywho, best of of luck and keep us posted.......

B:l
    Janet
    Almost AF Day 7 (tonite 11:30pm)
    AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Thank you

Another :goodjob: from me too!

You hang on to that happy feeling - when I first started to get my drinking back under control due to the help of the folks on here, I couldn't believe how relieved and happy I felt - almost like getting my life back - getting ME back after a LONG time in a not very happy place!

Work with us, keep on posting and reading and asking for advice.
      The more time you spend here, the more "normal" it begins to feel to NOT be drinking!

All the best

Satori
      xxx
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Thank you

Day 3

Thanks for the replies and words of encouragement. Another great morning with a very clear head!!! Looking forward to the day ahead. Have friends coming over tonight for drinks and I have bought my very own bottle of red non alcoholic wine. Looking forward to it. Also driving hubby out tomorrow night for a night out.
        Good luck everyone for the day ahead

Comment

Thank you

Welcome Debruce and well done on day3. Keep coming back as you will get plenty of support. Love Paula.

Comment

Thank you

How I envy all you folks. I wake up in the morning saying this is the day I don't drink. But then after work here I go again. I did have some AF days last year and it felt so good, but I only wish I could get there again.

Comment

Thank you

Good for you Debruce that is so great!

Irishguy you will get there too. You have to get in the right mindframe and find the motivation. The supplements worked wonders for me.
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Thank you

Yay!!! Happy!!

:yay:

Comment

Thank you

Hi debruce,
                  Hope AF is still going strong for you.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Thank you

Hey Debruce,

Well done on your success - do hold on to that happh feeling - it is things like that that can help make us stronger against temptations to come. I kept a journal which included feelings - both good and bad - both helped arm me more and it was a good way of seeing how far I had come!

Congratulations and look forward to hearing about many more happy days ahead!
                    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                    Goals:
                    Days 1-7 DONE
                    Days 8-14 DONE
                    Days 15-21 DONE
                    30 days DONE
                    60 days
                    100 days

Comment

Working...
                    X