Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Friday Friday

Good morning everyone

Bessie does not seem to be up yet so I decided to start the thread. Am on the run so just wanted to say a quick hello and to wish you all a great week-end.

Rustop

4Days Af

Hi rustop and everyone else,

Hope everyone is doing ok. If i get pass tonight Then they say the 5th day is the hardest, why did my 5th day :shocked: had to be on a saturday , anyway got to think about tonight first :fingers: I do get the urge when i watchin tv and someone got a glass of wine in there hands. God I' have got to give up watchin tv as well. lol.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.

Cheers (without the alcohol drink)
    Love
    Teardrop.x
    family is everything to me

Comment

hello hello on friday friday, nice to see early risers but i guess you two are in the Uk are you rustop? i am on the east coast of the us and it is 5:55 i have a meeting to drive to and it is raining like crazy at least i am not ho. dh brought home a beautful bottle of wine last night, dang i wish i drank like a normal person , working on day 4 af though cheers rudemama

Comment

Good morning ODATers! Yep Rudemama we have to get up awfully early to beat the UKers in the group. OK confession time: I made it through day 4 and then last night, my mind would not shut up! It kept me jumpy and stressed, and then I conveniently forgot I brought my bottle of 1-glut home from the office particularly for that moment, to try opening one up under the tongue. So I slipped. I had 3 glasses of wine and went to bed. Now will keep on trying, I will, this is a promise to you all. I want 30 dang days!!! :h Suz
        The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Greetings from Midwest USA -

Today is Day 11 AF. Wow. That is almost unbelieveable to me. I have been staying away somewhat cuz I have a case of "chronic bitchitis" it seems. Gonna pull my head out of my butt today and keep POSITIVE thoughts only!!

Happy, happy Friday to ALL ! May today be wonderful and inspiring.

- Masq (counting her many blessings)
          Courage is fear that has said its prayers. - Karl Barth
          :wings: :huggy

Comment

TGIF or is it !

Good Morning All,

Rustop, thanks for starting the Friday Friday thread. Where's Bessie, she'll appreciate that :H

Teardrop, at least you only have to give up TV, I have to give up everything, since I did everything with a glass of wine in my hands (only at night of course).

Rudemama, great job staying AF last night.

Suzanna, that's what this journey is all about.....slipping, sliding, and getting right back on track. You can do it ! P.S. Is my "drinking license" still revoked ? It's Friday, and I was just wondering......

Masquerade, I'm right there with you. Good job !

Anway, today I'm home sick with a real bad head cold. It came on real strong at work yesterday, and today I just want to remove my head from my body (no alcohol involved whatsoever ! ) This is the second time since I have been going AF that I got sick. This happened Thanksgiving week in Nov 2007 when I joined. do you think the alcohol kills bacteria ? I usually never get sick. Don't worry, I'm not going to go back drinking everyday even if it does. Just curious.....thanks.....cheers to an AF Day/Night.
            Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Morning all
              My home project looks like it is turning into a full blown "demo" and renovation project which has both the good and not so good side. I know when all is done I will be a very happy camper, but OMG!!! talk about a mess...no kitchen appliances (they are in the living room)...just plain inconvienent right now......Hubby and I doing alot of eating out and shopping for cabinets, countertops etc. What a freedom to go out a night doing our errands and not clocking watching or getting the shakes knowing my drinking time is nearly approaching or has passed.......If this was a few months ago I would of etiher been chewing his head off to hurry and get home (using work tomorrow as an excuse, of course), or finally getting home, running to the bathroom for that emergency pee, finding my stash and guzzling...followed by mouthwash, just for that quick fix.....I am so enjoying this freedom!!

A hello to you Rustop, wishing you a good weekend

Teardrop, Rudemama, Suzanna......that first horrible week is almost over, hang in there.

Masq good for you on taking on that positive attitude, hard I know, but so important in fighting this battle.

All to follow, happy Friday and wishing everyone has a great AF weekend!!
              sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Morning All! I WAS up early but thought I'd stay away and let someone who is more sure what day of the week it is start the thread!! Thanks Rustop! So, to the real Friday! Hope you all have your plans for a good weekend. I'm going to take mine ODAT as it seems to be working so far. Tonight I will be busy doing 'stuff' and tomorrow is another day.

I am putting a big fat zero in my drink tracker late in the afternoon, ahead of the witching hour. Then I really feel I need to live up to it and that it is out there for all to see and will be a let down if I have to change it - it does help me.

Wishing you all a great Friday. Sorry I am not as good as the others at mentioning every other ODAT-er by name but I do follow all your paths and lives with interest and support.

Bessie xx

Comment

Teardrop-Hang in there, you can do it!!!
                  Masq-I have been bitchy too; that has been the hardest part for me. I can handle every other time of withdrawl, but I hate wanting to chew everyone's arm off; you can do it. I have felt much better the past couple of days, so it does get better.
                  Miss October-I think you are right about alcohol killing off the germs; I was sick for the first time in years after I went AF. But think of it as a good thing; we are finally letting our bodies do what they are supposed to do, heal. Take extra Vitamin C, and I found that the Zicam really works.
                  Have a Happy Friday everyone!!!
                  Goal 1: Today
                  Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

FRIDAY!

Hi all, boy this is a busy thread today! Happy it is Friday!

I agree w/ the AF/getting sick easier too, it seems like usually in the past when I get to week 2 or so I catch a bad cold or something..........funny(or not really!) but I think it may have to be w/ alcohol killing the germs...?? Never thought of it in those terms before! I guess it does make sense though..........

Well, I blew it last night so this is day 1 (if I make it!?) I am sooooooooo sick of using the drink as an excuse and always having a good rationalization to do so.....I couldn't eat anything last night, cuz my stomach has been really bad w/ the pain pills causing me to "back up the plumbing" it ia HORRIBLE, so that was my excuse yesterday (!?!?!):upset:

See what I mean, I am sooooo sick of it, I know what to do and what NOT to do, but in that moment is disappears from my mind!

Anyway, good luck to everyone today and this weekend whatever your goals.......

PS- I didn't overdo it last night, only 3 beers(so at least I moderated, not beating myself up either) PROGRESS!!!!!

Love you guys!!!:l :h

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Bonjour tous mes AF amis! Lovely Friday here down South---crisp and cool but not too cold. DAY 10---I reached double digits! I'll take "milestones" in any form!

Miss O, too funny about doing everything with a wineglass in hand. I'd make a dandy amputee, because I learned over the years to do EVERYTHING one-handed (because that chilled glass was always in the other!) I think I probably could even tie my running shoes without setting down that goblet...

Well, as my brother shouts to his teenagers when their music is playing too loud---"Enough of that shit!" Here's to another AF day for us all...
                      Jane Jane

Comment

Boy, have I got a lot to say today!

Well today would have been day 11 but its not. On the good side I didn't get drunk but I did drink. Its funny how after even 11 days of AF how the smallest amount of alcohol can affect you. What I had last night would have been only a starter before.
                        I went out to meet my sister for a drink. I had eaten, well hydrated, so I felt that I could handle any temptation. I found out that my brothers fiancee whom we all adore, has been cheating on my brother. They have been together for 14 yrs. She is like another sister to me. I am devastated. I could almost forgive an incident, but its not one, its many and its his friends and quite frankly very cheap,,,,,never would have thought it possible.
                        She also has a drinking problem. So much so that she makes me look sober! I have in the past talked to her about quitting. Even going AF with her to give support and when I found this group, I told her about it. I was so excited for both of us. She has yet to visit. Can lead a horse to water but.................
                        Anyway, one wine turned into a wine followed by 2 hefty glasses of port. That's it. But I learned something last night. I don't know if I'll ever be able to moderate, and don't know if I want to. I think I use alcohol to punish myself. Does that make sense to anybody? Its been years since wine has been a pleasurable experience. I would pair my wine and food. Who am I kidding now.
                        I have truly enjoyed my Af time, more than I thought I would. In, fact there has been no
                        down side. Plus what does MOD mean? There was a time where one bottle of wine would have been mod........The craving I have been fighting these last 11 days has been doable. I acutally think it was more nicotine related since I would smoke when I drank. I have been running on the beach, I'm exhausted at night because I have so much energy that I'm cleaning my closet. I forgot what that was like, its been 3 years since my last AF period. I miss it.
                        Back to my brother. I am now in the position of having to tell him.......and thats not fair. He is one of the most beautiful people you ever met in your life. A truly gentle man. He'll be free soon. Anyone intersted? Just kidding.
                        Again, guys thanks for listening. I don't know what I'd do without you.

Comment

Good Morning All!
                          Well, it's just past 8 Am in snowy Salt Lake City. I passed a milestone at 9:00 PM last night, it had been 48 hours since my last drink. Been a long time. So I'm in a pretty good mood this morning! And my head does not hurt, hurray!
                          I can relate to the kitchen remodel, we are starting on ours in about three-four weeks, I'm really looking forward to the finished project, but not the steps inbetween. I love to cook, so being without my kitchen is going to be a real downer for me. Anyway, have a great day everyone!
                          BHOG
                          War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Hi guys...........

I'm feeling a bit better emotionally today than I have been - physically I feel like crap but I think that's because I haven't been eating or sleeping very well. I didn't drink last night and I have no intention of drinking today. Like you said RN, I love the feeling of being AF. It's funny, before I found this site I wouldn't have even really thought about it - in 3 months I have had more AF days than I have in years. And I really like the feeling. I'm not sure if moderation is something I really want to do either at this point - but I know that I am going to make it through this weekend - why? Because I want to...........I like feeling good - I don't like what AL does to me.........

Thanks guys for all your support - love you all to death.

Uni
                            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                            :h

Comment

Universal, I do love the feeling of AF too. You are loving yourself through some challenging times and that's the way to do it!

I like to think I am running 75% AF compared to last year.

Miss October, your license is still revoked, yes mame! Yours too Cowgal. Now will somebody revoke mine??

Finally RN, I don't envy you the job of telling your brother but you kinda have to, now that you know. BHOG and Charlee, really jealous of your kitchen makeovers! Jane Jane congrats on double digits!! Have a great day everybody!
                              :h
                              The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Working...
                              X