Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 days AF on Campral - stoked but going crazy today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 days AF on Campral - stoked but going crazy today!

I finally got serious and asked for Campral. I think I was more motivated this time (plus knowing if I drink I could lose the effects). This is the longest I have gone w/o for a LONG time (max 2-3 days before). Tonight though I really wanted a glass of red wine with my steak tonight. Of course I didn't but fought the thought all the way through the grocery store. I actually felt depressed through dinner. Does this go away? I have heard it takes 7 days to get out of your system...but those thoughts of "C'mon, it's only a glass of wine" come back. Of course it's not the glass, but how it turns into a bottle and then going a night w/o wine becomes something I have to struggle with.

I DO have a question though. I don't want to ruin the "help" that Campral gives with the physical part by drinking. However if I do decide to "try" a drink and plan on it, can I stop the Campral prior and start afterwards? Say for a special occassion (like another steak dinner hee hee). My long term goal is moderation, but I know I needed to start with a period of abstinence to get my bearings or I would start kidding myself again (I may be already). I drank everyday...(start at 5pm, wine only) and somedays worse then others and am a person of habit so I wanted to get used to living w/o it for a while. I have prayed alot about it (every morning I woke up feeling angry with myself) and felt myself leaning on God alot lately.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but I would REALLY love to have a glass of wine or two a few times a week (especially with two little kids at the dinner table who constantly fight . Is it possible? How do I work it with the Campral? (The topa was too dopey for me).

Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Kate
Working...
X