May 30, Fri. - Daily Check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone: I thought I'd just check in & see how everyone is doing. It doesn't matter what stage of recovery you're in or what your goal is (mod/abs). It's helpful for me to touch base &:
    -read about your progress.
    -say something helpful if needed.

I'm anticipating an AF June. I've got a small jump on the month, as my last drink was on Memorial Day. I do have many, many social obligations that include drinking, but I'm not going to drink. Lately, I haven't even felt a small desire for it. I know that could change, but for now, I'm just very happy to be free of urges & cravings.

I'm going to an AA meeting tonight. I don't go regularly, though I do go to Alanon meetings & am familiar w/12 step programs. I find that meetings help to strengthen my resolve.

I'm not sure what the people around me see, but I feel so much freer & in control when I'm AF. That's why it's so baffling when (in the past) I've given in to temptation. I won't dwell on my mistakes. I just want to keep moving forward. I'm not counting days right now. I'm just taking my sobriety ODAT. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

I bet that the people around you see the brighter eyes and bigger smile that soberiety brings.I can see it in my eyes when I look in the mirror (something that i avoided when I was drinking).I will join your resolve for an AF June and then keep adding the next month and then the next month.We can do this...I know we can!!!!! EVIE
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I am not counting the AF days anymore because I am now a non-drinker...period. I feel a lot better and like it a lot. The first 30 were not good but not bad. The more posts I read, the more resolve I have to stay AF. It is a state of mind and you have to want it to achieve it. Moderation is not an option for me and I do not miss hangovers.

Comment

Evie & FB: Thank you so much for responding. I am resolved for the month of June (at least). Yes, I too want to be able to say: "I don't drink at all anymore." Mary
        October 3, 2012

Comment

I am checking in today. I am only on day 2 AF, but I know this is the time for me to let it go forever. I have already learned so much and appreciate all the insight and support I have found here.

Peace and Blessings
          This is the Day that the Lord Has Made, Let Us Rejoice and Be Glad! Psalm 118

Comment

Hi everyone

I also am committing to an AF June. May has been very trying as my beloved cousin died on May 8th and of course Al was very much there at the funeral. Stress is one of my big triggers but hopefully now things will settle down. My cousin was diagnosed as terminally ill 22 months ago and it has been a roller coaster. She was only 36 and her husband died 3 months previously. I supported her throughout the illness, hospital visits, having her stay and the funeral was from my home. However, there are no regrets and I am thankful for the time I had with her. Things have also come to a head with my inlaws (another trigger) and I have very much stepped away from it. It's not easy and I have to be strong.

One thing I have learned from her is to surround myself with good people and that's what I am doing now including my MWO family. Keep all things negative at a distance and concentrate on my sobriety. It's not easy and in the past I have got sucked back in, feeling sorry for MIL and letting people take advantage. Then I get upset, angry and turn to alcohol to make me feel better. Only that's not what happens!!

I know you too have had family difficulties, illness etc to contend with Mary so stay strong. It's great to have so many people who understand and support you.

Rustop

Comment

Mags: Keep coming to MWO. If you're looking for abs support, the daily thread on the 30 day abs is great! You qualify even if you're just looking to stay AF for today.

Rusty: We'll ALWAYS have family stuff. That is life. I want to deal not escape. Mary
              October 3, 2012

Comment

sounds like a great plan keep on moving forward and yeah going to AA meetings do help me to . and with that note i have to get off my ass on sunday and go to that out doors meet i like ..
                thanks
                peace and god bless
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                X