STILL SOBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STILL SOBER

Last night was a HUGE test for me. I was home alone while my hubby played football. I was SOOOO tempted to say F*** it, i'm buying a bottle of wine BUT as i was about to walk out of the door i stopped and thought... Is it worth how you'll feel about yourself for the next few days, how you'll make your husband feel and all that will come along with it. I took my shoes off, made a cup of tea and stayed sober. It was SOOO worth it. When my hubby came home, i was so excited to show him i CAN DO IT!

This week has been a hard week, i've had HUGE fights with my best friend and he sent me a msg saying he would be dead when i wake up and get this message as i'm not there for him. I took me most of the day to find out he was alive and didn't go through with it and something similar happened Monday night with him again.Normally i would drink to cover the pain.

Someone said something to me which really stuck on this forum... it was something like, you're changing your life so become the sober person you deserve to be. THAT is what i am going to do and i have decided to back away from people who bring me down. I guess i'm learning that i need to grow up.

I've been doing loads of thinking about why or how i got to where i was. I guess what it comes down to is i'm still only 24. ALl my friends are partying, drinking ect... I left that life to become a wife and mum but i guess there is still that 'naughty' part to me, i felt as if that was the only thing i had complete control over when really, it had control over me.
    I'm slowly learning how to be comfortable as a 24 year old and a mum/wife. It's hard to find that line where i'll be completely comfortable and able to be all 3 without drink but I'LL FIND A WAY!

Thanx for listening to me 'thought' of the week *lol* Sorry!

STILL SOBER

I hear you, lil.michelle!

I had a really rough night a few days ago and REALLY wanted to open a bottle of wine to deal with the stress. I went for a walk instead. I knew the wine wasn't really going to help, but just medicate me. I'm glad I didn't cave as I kept a clear head and was able to feel good about myself the next day. You made a great choice. Congratulations!

Comment

STILL SOBER

good to hear you didnt cave in .. stay strong girl ..you can do this just keep on doing your best
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

STILL SOBER

That's great Michelle! I'm working on day 3. I'm glad to hear your success!
        **aclassicgirl

Comment

STILL SOBER

lil.michelle;387788 wrote: Last night was a HUGE test for me. I was home alone while my hubby played football. I was SOOOO tempted to say F*** it, i'm buying a bottle of wine BUT as i was about to walk out of the door i stopped and thought... Is it worth how you'll feel about yourself for the next few days, how you'll make your husband feel and all that will come along with it. I took my shoes off, made a cup of tea and stayed sober. It was SOOO worth it. When my hubby came home, i was so excited to show him i CAN DO IT!

This week has been a hard week, i've had HUGE fights with my best friend and he sent me a msg saying he would be dead when i wake up and get this message as i'm not there for him. I took me most of the day to find out he was alive and didn't go through with it and something similar happened Monday night with him again.Normally i would drink to cover the pain.

Someone said something to me which really stuck on this forum... it was something like, you're changing your life so become the sober person you deserve to be. THAT is what i am going to do and i have decided to back away from people who bring me down. I guess i'm learning that i need to grow up.

I've been doing loads of thinking about why or how i got to where i was. I guess what it comes down to is i'm still only 24. ALl my friends are partying, drinking ect... I left that life to become a wife and mum but i guess there is still that 'naughty' part to me, i felt as if that was the only thing i had complete control over when really, it had control over me.
          I'm slowly learning how to be comfortable as a 24 year old and a mum/wife. It's hard to find that line where i'll be completely comfortable and able to be all 3 without drink but I'LL FIND A WAY!

Thanx for listening to me 'thought' of the week *lol* Sorry!
          WHOO-HOO and congrats to you. Didn't it feel wonderful to greet him with a sober smile? Just wait till you feel that good all the time! I feel like I am living in an air balloon right now. I can see a whole lot more by being on a natural high! You'll be surprised how GREAT life is AF. Get in my balloon..I'll take you for a tour and show you!

All Aboard!

Happy Feet!
          And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.~Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
          X