DRINK DRINK AND MMUUCCHH M0RE DRINK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIGHT, so here i am, 7.45 in the morning eating my crumpits and drinking my tea. Still sober!

I'm watching tv and it's no wonder why we drink. Every single program on tv has people drinking in it, Just shoot me, frasier, will and grace, friends, heros, simpsons, all the soaps EVEN THE CARTOONS (for adults) It's on the adverts we watch, it's on bill boards, it's RIGHT at the checkout in most shops, it's in newspapers, magazine.... IT'S EVERYWHERE!
    When you watch tv or go out, just look around you. It's crazy! It really must effect us in ways we don't even know! It's almost like we're meant to drink everynight or when things are bad.I went for a walk yesterday and took notice and i was completely shocked and disgusted with how it's pushed in our faces! What good is all this advertising for our children and childrens children. All it says a drink responsibly.... UNREAL!

ANYWAY, i was a bit shocked when i started to take notice.

I hope EVERYONE has a happy sober day today!!! LOVE YOU ALL XXXXXX:l:l

When i go to town later im going to make a note of how many alc adverts i see and what for. Ill post them when i get back. Good post. Has given me something to do tdy which will be of great interest.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Tis true lil.michelle

It is like smoking used to be, and they make it look like you are cool if you drink - and maybe you are, just not the way I drink when I go out.

Alcohol advertising should be banned - In Australia our Indigenous people are pitiful, the majority just grog on with nowhere or nothing to do, so why advertise - because the Governement makes a sh*# load of money out of it, same as anything addictive - smoking, poker machines etc.

It takes strength to abstain.
      :thumbs:
      Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
      :h ya
      Trix

Comment

Ah. The advertising. Youthful, athletic, fun, partying, flirting, romantic, sunsets on the beach. ha. ha. been there. done that....
        sigpic

Comment

o.k. back from town. Here is my little diary of my journey and the adverts saw relating to alc. I also metioned triggers.

11.20 Start journey
          11.30 Get on bus
          11.31 Spar...4 stella ?3.49
          11.31 Local Pub
          11.32 Threshers...losts of adverts...Imperial Vodka ?8.99
          11.32 local shop...2 bottles of wine ?7
          11.40 enter town
          12.10 Wetherspoons...?1.60 pt house ale House wine ?7. Pubs everywhere.
          12.40 Buy paper. Article on which is the 'best' cheap wine to buy.
          12.50 Cans and bottles litter the bus station. Congregation of drinkers in bus station

There wasnt really much advertising in town, but the journey there and back was full of them, and i passed at least 4 pubs.
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Alcohol is everywhere...NO PLACE TO RUN,NO PLACE TO HIDE !!! Thank GOD I have pretty well trained myself to ignore ALL ADVERTISING,other wise I would be over whelmed..
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Nothing sticks it to the advertising department so much as to ignore it and not buy the product!! As hula girl mentioned, it's all about selling the relaxation, the social benefits, etc. Guess they wouldn't sell much if the picture on the billboard was a middle aged woman passed out on her couch!

Vera-b

Comment

Or that same woman explaining to her family why she didn't remember who won the Yahtzee game last night.....
                Because I am.

Comment

yes, tis true. AL is a very ingrained part of our culture. Baada ya kazi....

Comment

So very true, unfortunately AL is not the only bad habit they are pushing. Fast food, prescription meds....the list goes on. Hard to know what to believe, and how to tell our kids what they see is not the truth.
                    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

hi michelle,neat eh,and yes i was also shocked getting educated about AL,blah,i said,but it is true,we cant get away from it,its ok to drink,until we constantly make a s s e s of ourselves,i was gonna start a thread but i seen yours and such a wonderful thread,that is one of the 1st things you notice in sobriety or moderation,i and i do stress I, was an insane person the way i drank,but it was ok until,I took it to other levels,ABUSE,in all levels,thnx for the thread and hope all see your honesty in this thread, i did gyco

Comment

You have the government banging on about teen 'bingeing' being on the up, alcoholism on the up, yet the makers of these products are alowed to shove it down our throats left, right and centre. I think booze should have a similar health warning to fags, with maybe a pic of a alc rotted lung or a mother/father passed out with a child crying next to them. Will never happen though. Too much money to lose, dont worry about the lives.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Yep, and if they end their ad with "drink responsibly," everything is okey dokey! Kay

Comment

It's really weird to me that AL became such a huge part of my life, and it's still weird to hear people say, I can't imagine giving it up completely - that would be horrible! I was raised by very conservative (innocent, not strict) parents who have never tasted AL in their lives, so it was never part of mine. The advertising was there; it just didn't affect me. I didn't care about AL at all - I was immune to peer pressure. All that to say, I've been in both worlds, and there really is life without AL; there really are people out there who never give it a thought and don't consider themselves deprived! And now I have to remind myself, of course!

Comment

I may be a weird-o but I don't notice AL adds or signs very much. It may be because I live in a part of the country that is unique, to be sure. Drinking here has always been taboo up until more diverse people started infiltrating (I am one of those people). I just saw an article on the news last night about how liquor sales are soaring in this State and new State Liquor stores are going up like gas stations. People here don't have as many bars or pubs to drink in so many just drink at home. Private Clubs (as they are called) are hard to get going and make a go of it. Mostly bars are in conjunction with full serve restaurants and you must eat to be served AL. If you go into a private club where only AL is served you have to buy a membership and be "sponsored" to come into the club and drink. It is totally archaeic but that's the way it is.

Quite frankly, I wasn't sure how the WORLD would view our strange liquor laws when the Olympics came to town but things did relax and Budweiser was able to flourish while here. It all went rather well and people had a great time.

Anyway, I think my original point is that there probably here there aren't very many billboards, signs and such to look at that feature AL for the above reasons. That is, I'm sure, the reason I don't notice AL advertising- It doesn't exist much here. I guess I should be thankful not to be reminded on a minute by minute basis of the poison I am trying to evict from my life. Anybody who wants to is welcome to come live with me in "happy valley". Kriger
                              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                              X