From where i'm standing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From where i'm standing

Lately it has been very very tough on my Macks, i know he is trying his best to cut down....but tonight he was pretty bad after drinking 5 cans which from where i was standing had no affect on him at all.....his mood changed very quickly he became very blunt, angry and aggertated, he asked me how much money we had so i started to count, next thing i know he is looking over my shoulder grabbed the money and went to the shop, he came back with a quarter bottle of whisky ...... my heart dropped like a stone, my eyes filled up quickly and i felt for him, never ever seen him do that before. And he's drinking it straight, quite quickly i feel useless......we have talked (don't argue anymore there's no point) i love him more than life itself, and i don't know what to do for him or if i'm doing enough..........i'm scared i dont want to see him hurting anymore its breaking his heart and he is always worrying about me i dont know why im ok, thanks for everything, you are all very important to me and Macks and have a special place in our hearts....
    Thank you all
    Lisa (aka Mrs Macks) :l xxxxxxxx
    Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

From where i'm standing

My heart goes out to you Lisa. You are right not to argue with someone who has already been heavily drinking. It's unlikely you would be able to get through.

For me, my downfall was online political forums. After a couple drinks, reading what the "other side" said made me so upset that it became a festival of new drinks and rabid postings. My spouse, seeing I was on the computer, would simply say "no chance of getting you to bed now, is there..." and go to bed. And my spouse was right as I often stayed up until I was unconscious or banned from all my favorite forums.

The key is I chose to change. I'm not sure how you can convince anyone to do that.

Comment

From where i'm standing

Lisa............my heart breaks for you, Macks and the kids.............
      I know you love him or you wouldn't be there still.
      Just know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you all.
      Love,
      Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

From where i'm standing

Lisa, my heart goes out to you. I dont have any advice to give you. Just that you are probably doing exactly the right thing already. Just being there for him. I dont know the right or wrong way to treat an alcoholic. For me, i would just want to know that someone was there for me when I came to my senses. Prayers are with you both x
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

From where i'm standing

Yep I would say he is definitely scared Lisa, and probably a little bit resentful that he has to give up drinking. I know it makes absolutely no sense to a nondrinker. You are such a loving, patient, wonderful woman and he is so lucky to have you. Just try and do your best until the 27th. I love both of you guys.

:lHang in there Mr. Macks. Realize what you are giving yourself by giving up the drink, not taking away.
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

From where i'm standing

I think relapse is part of the recovery process.It was, for me, I know that for sure.I know this must be very hard on you and I can tell you it's hard on him...I think that you are an amazing lady and so glad that you are sticking by him.My hubby LOVED me sober.no matter how many times I fell on my face, he always said TOMORROWS ANOTHER DAY and we will try again.I pray that you can be the voice of YES YOU CAN, for him, but you also must care for your own well being.I will keep both of you in my prayers and I know that if I can get sober, so can MACK...
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

From where i'm standing

I wish i could give you all a great big hug, you all mean alot i am going to stick with Mr Mackster until the day i die.......:upset:
              just needed some friends
              I believe in Macks 110% i know he can do this, but i want him to do it for himself more than anyone else, His life will get better and so will he x

Comment

From where i'm standing

3 hours in the chair....But my Lisa is worth it...She is worth more...She deserves more than me if truth be known...Been drinking if you cant tell.......Better hit the hay before the hay hits me...
                I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

From where i'm standing

Thinking about you, Lisa and Macks XOXOX
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

From where i'm standing

Just a wee bump in the road, Lisa..........all of us here have had so very, very many.

I hope and pray that Macks makes it this time. I have tremendous love and respect for you, Lisa. So many people tire of us alkies and turn their backs on us........they consider us lost causes. I do not believe that Macks will ever become a lost cause with such a good woman by his side.

I wish you both love and strength.

Star x
                    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

From where i'm standing

Thanks a million everyone......I will never give up on him, he needs me now more than ever x

Comment

From where i'm standing

:l
                        Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

From where i'm standing

Lisa,

You "saw" Macks hit a crisis. It hurts him as much as it hurts you.

I am sorry you are going through this.

I wish I had half the support you are giving Macks. It would make what I am going through so much easier. Instead, I get anger. bookcases overturned, clothes thrown around the bedroom, whereever he thinks I may have "hid" my stash.

You let Macks do what "he needed" to and hated every second of it. You did not try to control him. You want him well just so he will be well.

You are an incredibly loving spouse.

I wish Macks and I could just be cured for both of our loved ones. But you know this. He loves you, too.

I pray this new programme (is that the right spelling over there?) helps him. I am casting about for some help myself but it is sparse right now.

I am simply sending you much admiration, love and caring for you both.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

From where i'm standing

Starlight Impress Forever;445259 wrote: Just a wee bump in the road, Lisa..........all of us here have had so very, very many.....Star x
                            Star does help to get things in perspective doesn't she?

Loving thoughts to both of you Lisa & Mackers. Stay close, we need your honesty & inspiration!
                            Gold
                            :sun:

Comment

From where i'm standing

I don't know what I can say to you Lisa that others haven't said more eloquently. You are an amazing woman and your love and understanding are inspiring. You and Macks will get through this. You know he is trying and we all know how so terribly many tries it takes. It helps so much to have a loving one such as you supporting him. That means he will make it one day. And don't forget, we are all supporting the both of you. With lots of love also.
                              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                              X