Day 6 - headache all day?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all, i started MWO last monday and had 5 great days, felt great, missed my wine a little last night but felt great when i first got up. however, as the day has gone i have developed a terrible headache, it is pounding, is this normal, i could understand if it was day 3 but i am on day 6 so was thinking i was past the detox stage?? dont feel like eating never mind drinking!
    Am so keen to make 30 days but this just makes me wonder if a nip would cure the ol head?? advice please - KW
    Keeps x:happyheart:

No nips KW!!!!
    This happened to me too, cannot remember exactly what day it was but it wasnt right at the beginning. It is probably all the toxins leaving your body. This takes time. To help it along drink lots and lots of water. Eat well and lightly, give your bod all the help it needs to recover. If it gets really bad take a mild painkiller, but eat a little first.
    You'll be fine, you are doing great!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

thanks that makes me feel lots better! no gain without pain eh! no nip for me now, more water and an early night - i will defy the beast xx

Comment

If you stick to your guns and remain AF, there will be all SORTS of aches and pains and annoyances that will arise, and you will have thoughts such as "maybe a nip..." What do you think the outcome might be if you listened seriously to those thoughts?

Be strong. It's just a headache. Take an aspirin or something.

wip

Comment

thanks wip, i know what a nip would lead too so not going there!!! am avoiding the aspirin as actually i need to feel this pain so i dont go back to day 1 KW

Comment

Good for you KW!
            Stick with lots of water to help yourself
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hey Keep!

I had headaches for quite awhile. I ended up going to my chiropractor for accupuncture. It seemed like a sinus issue for me. (I had quit smoking too)
              That seemed to work, but I still get some doozies sometimes and sometimes a mild one. I tend to not drink enough water which doesn't help.
              I'm learning it takes months to detox--hang in there, you're doing great. And if you decide you want some relief--I like Excedrin for headaches.:h
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Annoying as the headaches are, they will go away, as everone else here has said.
                They are only impemanent, and will fade away.
                When you look at the alternative, it is worth a little temporary discomfort to rid your body and mind of the poisons.
                Take care.

Comment

This problem for me only happened after 3 weeks of stopping.
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Working...
                  X