Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...Day two and holding

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was my first day to the site and it was wonderful; however last night I couldn't sleep. I wanted so bad just to have a drink so I could sleep...but thought better of it. So, with a Job that has me working by 4am each day I went to bed at 8pm...mind racing until 12:45am...and woke up at 2:30am (so I can be to work by 3:30 or so).

I keep checking to see if I feel different, and to be honest...I don't know. I think I feel better, but this detox thing is taking its time with me. I know I feel better than after a night of drinking myself drunk...this is for sure. Yet, still I think I can feel better.

Is this normal?

Love and Peace to all.
    My creed; "Be the friend you seek, the spouse yours deserves and the Parent your children need"

OK...Day two and holding

Hey aidansdad! IT SURE is normal - certainly the first five days were awful for me - the cravings of the first day HUGE, and the following sleeplessness and heart racing, mind going like the clappers for the next 3 - 4 days. Hang in there mate, we DO get through, although it seems like hell at the time - it DOES get better. Keep posting, mate and reading. Great to have you here!
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

OK...Day two and holding

Thanks Kap,

I'm ok now...better than yesterday...but just not the best I can be. I hope this doesn't last 3 more nights...this was what I was afriad of, not being able to do this because of this uneasy feelilng. ARGHHH!!!!

Thanks for the support and words of encouragement; it helps to know I'm not alone.

My best
      My creed; "Be the friend you seek, the spouse yours deserves and the Parent your children need"

Comment

OK...Day two and holding

You are most welcome - the beauty of MWO is that by helping each other we are also helping ourselves. I really hope your sleep gets better real soon - it is an absolutely CRUCIAL part of sanity and sobriety! Bless you mate x
        *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

OK...Day two and holding

You're doing great... and it might be a good idea just to expect to not feel great for another 3 or 4 days. That's a small price to pay, in the long run, for getting free of a substance that was in the process of making your life miserable, right? I look on freedom from alcohol not as a guarantee that I will feel good every day... but a pre-requisite for having a good life. Some days I'll feel great, some days not so great; but I will never again be poisoned by alcohol!

Comment

OK...Day two and holding

Hi
            the sleep think is important. Alcohol induces sleep in me but then I have broken sleep. On the nights I dont drink ..i have a bath, read and although i think i wont sleep i have much better deeper sleep.
            POTENTIAL BONUSES FOR ME WHEN AF;

No going to the loo and reaching for the water during the night either..or going to bed with makeup on..not a good look in the morning is it!!

No eating sweets in bed because it seemed a good idea after a few wines..yuk!

No foul breath and wind from the rear either!!!(side effect of too much booze and the munchies)

No sneaking around with a guilty feeling..wondering if work mates know i,ve been on the plonk the night before.

No dreading dropping the bottle into wast bins..the guilty clatter of that empty bottle.

No Having to lie when asked by insurance company how much do you drink..would be heaven

I have raised blood pressure which i know is linked to boozing to excess too.

Oh well lets hope we all have a good nights sleep...just remeber the alcohol doesnt make for proper sleep but I know its horrbile to lie in bed watching the clock, mind racing with guilty thoughts.

We can support each other ..Many thanks to you all

cassy

Comment

OK...Day two and holding

Thanks everyone,

Kap: I feel blessed, thank you so much

WIP: Good to see you this morning; thanks for the encouragement...you are so well spoken and clear.

Cassy: Thanks for the reminders; love your examples. I can relate to all except the make up...should that ever happen it would have been a really wierd night! HA!!! All the same, with your help I don't feel alone in this. Like you, I too dread the day the recyclables are picked up. I look down and push the bottles to the bottom of the barrel and leave the soda cans on top...YEAH, that will fool everyone...NOT!

I love this site and should be getting my book soon; I will take your advice and take a bath then read till I fall asleep. I can hardly wait to dream again....I used to dream really vivid dreams before; it has been so long.

Comment

OK...Day two and holding

Good morning AP you are doing fantastic on Day 2. I just read your story.

The sleepless nights will get better and you will start feeling better all around. If you are having a horrible time there is Calmes Forte, True Calm or Melatonin on the site here that you can look into.

Glad you are still checking in!
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

OK...Day two and holding

Hello and well done! I've a tip for sleeping. It worked for me - chamomile tea. Sounds boring, probably is boring lol but it works! I now don't drink any caffiene after 6pm. I drink pomegranate or cranberry (or whatever non caffiene stuff i have) till about 9pm and then start on the chamomile. It really does induce a calming/sleepy effect and then i have a good nights sleep. But, beware, i also have some major dreams!!!! not scary though, just nice ones!!! Hope this helps, Summer x

Comment

OK...Day two and holding

The first few days are the hardest for sleep. It gets better. On day 8 now and I am sleeping like a baby. Hang in there, because you won't believe how good you will feel. I can see my energy levels soaring and my fitness is improving by not having a drink in just one week.

Comment

OK...Day two and holding

I am so greateful to all of you; truly heaven sent. I know, as I have been in Hell for 20 years.

EzzMae; you mentioned day3 feels good too in an earlier thread, but day 8 felt better. Now that you are on day 8 do you feel unstable? Looking forward to joining you all day 8 next Monday (when you will be on day 15!!!)

Summerx; thanks for the tips...I will get some today; I wonder what the wife will think about me drinking a bunch of pomegranite juice.

Beaches; thanks for the help...where on the site can I find what you are referring to? Thanks in advance!

Peace and love

Comment

OK...Day two and holding

You are doing great, every day gets better!
                        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

OK...Day two and holding

You can go to the Health Store section and there are a lot of the supplements that RJ talks about in her book and many others as well. I am on Day 5 and slept great on Day 4...5 not so good but that could be because of my 3 year old waking up
                          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

OK...Day two and holding

To answer you question. I felt good on my AF days, but early I had problems sleeping, which didn't really make sense because these were night I would have never had a drink anyway because I was a weekend binge drinker. Once I hit the days where I usually drank, day 6+ I started to feel feeling really great, a sort of buzzing feeling. I guess it is all that extra energy that my body wasn't used to.

Comment

Working...
                            X