Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never a dull moment but I've never been happier!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have not been drinking, or out doing things I shouldn't, but I can say that my life is definately not been dull!!!

Stove quits Christmas Eve- 4 hours before 15 people over for dinner. $1,200 for new stove top and counter that fits new stove top.
    Truck doesn't like cold-down to one car with all these kids. $950 to fix.
    Puppy chewed up my $500 eye glasses last night so now I am legally blind so who needs two cars anyway they are overrated.
    Been waiting 6 months for work on my house to be done and now it has to be postponed because it is -45 degrees.
    17 year old announced she was pregnant the day after Christmas.
    Found out that fridge, which works fine, is the reason that I have a $175 a month electric bill, but they can't deliver my new one again because of the cold.
    Grandmother put into a nursing home and can't be there because someone hacked my Alaska Airlines account and used all of my frequent flier miles.
    Husbands ex-wife wants to come stay with us for the month of May for 17 year old's graduation, oh did I tell you she is pregnant.

But I have never been happier and my husband and I have the best relationship we have ever had. Not a drop in sight and no time to crave, yet buy as about to be $5000 in the hole!!!!!!

Love to all and Happy New Year!!!
    "The one true thing that I know about myself is that I will never stop learning things about myself!":nutso:

AF SINCE 5/23/2007 - MINUS 3 DAYS!!!!

Wow! Great to hear from you and so wonderful to hear that you are staying upbeat and AF through all this!!! Fantastic! And I hope things begin to settle down, smooth out, and get easier (and warmer!) SOON!!

Comment

AK - Sounds like you are taking it all in stride. Good for you! Keep it up!
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

WOW! Way to go for seeing the good things through it all!

You are my hero!!! I would be a puddle on the floor! LOL.

Comment

Life on Life's terms can be rough. Great job, staying strong. It is wonderful that you marriage is strong. That certainly helps.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

AKgirl,
            I love your attitude! Have admired you for awhile now!
            But...honestly, how can you stand that cold? How thick is insulation up there?????
            Lila

Comment

WOW! That is a LOT on your plate! I'm SO Happy to hear your happy and AF! I too have not touched a drop in almost 3 months and same holds true for me and my husband, our relationship hasn't been better! Best of luck to you. My hat is off to you!

:goodjob:

Mich
              :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
              AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Wally I love you!!!!!! It's the only thing that's been keeping me sane. The one thing I have that I don't care if I have no control over!!!

By the way the ex wife is a priss!! No tent, too many bugs!!!!
                "The one true thing that I know about myself is that I will never stop learning things about myself!":nutso:

Comment

So today it is 1 year 7 months 2 weeks minus 3 days. It is totally crazy.

My husband and I broke down the amount of money coming out of our savings that it like took us forever to save on one income with 6 kids(5 girls/2 teenagers)

Stove and counter-$1200
                  Fridge-$748
                  Truck-$950
                  New Glasses-$300
                  This months fuel bill-$875
                  Husbands Wisdom teeth surgery-$850(just our portion)
                  My life right now......priceless!!!!

Comment

It is truly inspiring that you are able to deal with all of this and still remember the most priceless gift is your sobriety. Thank you for reminding us all what is truly important.
                    XX
                    Time

Comment

Oh and I should have added....Grandbaby at 38!!.......Definately priceless!!!!!

Comment

AK, you are going through so much yet your attitude is the BEST!
                        Its superb to hear.
                        At least your marraige is strong and your sense of humour in tact!
                        Good to see you again x
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Lila, don't laugh, but I don't know how I do it either and I have been here 37 years.

The house we own is a 4 story ranch style, imagine ground floor and basement on one side of the house and daylight basement and top floor on another side of the house. So two of the bedrooms on the top floor actually back up to the attic that is over the ground floor, so when the house was built those two bedrooms were built with inside walls instead of exterior walls so they were supposed to come in and spray the entire attic with insulation as well as reventing the bathrooms as over the last 50 years the vents have shimmied away from their roofing allowing cold air in and how air out. So anyway, I was all excited, but I don't know if they are going to be able to do it now. We actually live in a 2x4 house but have made major improvements in the insulation. I would prefer a 2X6 house but wouldn't give up my location or house for all the tea in china. I love my house, it's 10 feet from the kids school, it is 3700 square feet and paid for. So all of the kitchen things listed in my post before would have gotten done eventually, it just sucks that it is all at once. Plus I found a range and fridge that match each other and I couldn't resist for the price. I am becoming the queen of do it yourself, ask me anything!!! I am going to have to live with a funky kitchen for a while though. Imagine 1/2 of the kitchen looking like 1958 and the other half looking like 2008. I am NOT joking, that is when the countertops and appliances went in. I would have replaced some of them long ago, but I wasn't ready to give up my 6 burner electric stove yet. Yes it is lemon yellow as are the countertops but to replace that sucker would have been $3498 plus shipping, plus installation as they are all hardwired.

Sorry, tend to ramble and get excited about improvements to the house. It's one of my babies!!!!!

Comment

AK ... Wow you really have alot going on at the moment. So good to read that you are staying positive throughout all this and most of all staying AF. Well done to you x x x

Comment

hi AK glad your doing well,theres nothing more important then your health,life will go on have a great day geico

Comment

Working...
                              X