Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding onto hope

Today had been really difficult.

I was hoping that once the new year started, my business would pick up. It has not happened. Instead, it has been horribly, horrible quiet. I keep getting a rising feeling of panic.

The doctor gave me some Zanor, the the slow release kind. I do not want to take them. I want my head to be clear and I want to be able sit with the emotion, as frigtening as it is.

I keep thinking of the quality of purpose. I pray that there is indeed a purpose. I am holding on, blindly, desparately, that there is meaning too, in this.

I am thinkiing of the many people who feel choked by cold, icy fear, because they are about to be retrenched.

When I was young, I was told that God took all suffering offered up in love, and placed it into a capital of grace. That capital, made it possible for prayer to grow and feed the world.

So here I am, feeling as helpless as a little child, making my very small deposit into a big capital of grace.

Holding onto hope

veritas,i do hope life and business get better,some things as you say are out of our hands,my wife is going throuh the same with her work,very stressed out, i wish you well gyco

Comment

Holding onto hope

V., I know the feeling. I'm self-employed, too. It's a scary time. Please remember: no situation is so bad that alcohol won't make it worse!!! In my own case, the isolation I stayed in while drinking put a big damper on getting out in the world, and making/cultivating contacts... very bad for business!

Do you have some ideas on how to get things moving, again? I do hope things pick up for you, and very soon!

Comment

Holding onto hope

Hi veritas,
        Well I believe that hope is the stuff of which dreams are made, be those dreams big or small. But there is no magic........it is down to ourselves to turn our dreams into reality. We all can if we think and truly believe that we can.

Hope springs eternal........we are never beaten if we keep that hope alive.

Star x
        Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Holding onto hope

Thank you all for your support everyone.:thanks:

WIP, yes, it is tough being self employed. Although a lot is out of my contol right now, I have to face up to the fact that alcohol stopped me from being pro-active. I chose to numb out.

A lot of my clients have dropped away. They too are cutting down and focusing on the bare essentials.

I have started a second business. I feel very confident that once that is up and running, it will take the pressure off, but that takes time.

In my second business, I am facing my worst nightmare, which is selling and marketing. Although I am very people orientated, I am rather shy and value my privacy. I almost have a panic attack every time I have to approach someone with my business.

Comment

Holding onto hope

It is a really tough time right now and the light at he end of the tunnel SEEMS a long way off. It only seems as though it is, and there are things that we can do to begin to help our selfs to feel empowered even now. The best advise i can give you is to use the power of creative visualization and deliberate creation to start the flow of positive energy. I love old book by Shikti Gawain CREATIVE VISUALIZATION..They have it on ABEBOOKS.COM for $1 plus shipping.You can listen to alot of powerfully uplifting videos by Abraham hicks and others on You Tube.
            I think the most important thing you can do is clearly focus on what you do have and then visualize it growing..If you have a $10.00 bill, change it into 10 ones...your on the right path by seeing your wallet fuller. What we focus on GROWS...Do what you can to catch yourself thinking about what you don't want and replace it with what you do want.The MOST important class that i ever took was back in the 70s called SILVA MIND CONTROL...Jose Silva's work has changed 10,000s of people, worldwide, lives for the better. He taught me, change your thoughts and you changed your world. he was a big part of me having 17 years sober and Ester Hicks carries on similar work today.
            I hope this helps you and if you want more info, feel free to PM me..
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Holding onto hope

As long as you still have hold you are still with a chance my friend. Its when you let go it and you are gone....
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Holding onto hope

Ver- I closed my eyes and swallowed when I read your post. I have been riddled with anxiety lately b/c I too am self employed and have no business at all. I am so scared.

The only time I feel better is when I let everything go and give it to the universe. I am trying to be positive and work towards growing but the old tapes in my head get in the way for me. Sometimes it is just too much. I know.

I wish more business for you and for you to feel better. I had the book- Creative Visualization and loved it. I loaned it to someone and that's all she wrote. I will buy another one. Will also look into the people Evie mentioned.

Hang in there. A lot of us are in the same boat.
                __________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

Comment

Holding onto hope

I remember that book! It's a good one, I doubt that anything newer is nearly as good...

Comment

Holding onto hope

V,
                    I'm sorry I have no words of wisdom on this subject as I'm not self-employed and to boot, my husband takes care of paying all the bills since I've bounced a few checks here and there (he has reason not to trust me with money!) But times are tough, and they will only get better. And sometimes when we don't have, at the moment, what we want, we need to put our positive energy into something else - make something else stronger for now. It will get better!
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                    X