Something of great value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something of great value

After waking freaked out a few times after dreams that I had been drinking, I realized that I greatly value my sobriety. This kinda surprised me - probably more than anything else in getting sober. And as I have been thinking about it, I wondered how I can feel that my "sobriety" is something of great value, how can I feel so protective and nurturing of it.

And then I realized ... it's not exactly the sobriety that I'm discovering such great value in. It's ME that I'm beginning to value, that I want to nurture and protect. It's my own life that I'm beginning to cherish -- for the first time in all my 43 years.

Wow. Really freaking blows me away.

It really is about so much more than not drinking. It really is about reclaiming our Selves.
    And it's about more than survival. It's about really, truly, fully LIVING.
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Something of great value

I am loving reading about your experiences and new life. Dreams are so profound, and prevalent when not drinking, but I think they can be a window into ourselves.

I am inspired and encouraged once again. Thank you.
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Something of great value

That is so true-- reclaiming ourselves and truly living. If only we could have valued and cherished ourselves and our lives more...
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Something of great value

amen sister!

Comment

Something of great value

MOW. Yep. I am experiencing what you speak of, word for word, day by day. It freakin' blows me away too! Isn't it wild?!.............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Something of great value

Most of my dreams when I sober up are me drunk in some bad situation and I wake up scared to death and then I realize it was only a dream.
            Starting over again
            ray:

Comment

Something of great value

MOW-Yep same here for me. It's wonderful to find out that I'm starting to like myself. For the first time in my life!

Thank you for this great post!!
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Something of great value

Fantastic post, MOW. Right on. Thanks for that.

Comment

Something of great value

[QUOTE=MyOwnWoman;560669]And then I realized ... it's not exactly the sobriety that I'm discovering such great value in. It's ME that I'm beginning to value, that I want to nurture and protect. It's my own life that I'm beginning to cherish -- for the first time in all my 43 years.

MOW
                  Powerful post

Comment

Something of great value

Awesome post! Thank you.

Comment

Something of great value

Wow.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I was told in rehab about drunk dreams, but I didn't have any until the last few times I quit AL.

They feel so real at the time, I wake up and have to remind myself I didn't drink. The scary thing is that I was never really happy when I was drinking, but in my dreams everyone is having fun.
                      it was not that way at the end of my drinking career.
                      Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it!

:beach:

Comment

Something of great value

MOW, what a wonderful, positive post. It has been a joy to be a part of your journey, my admiration for you is supreme.

You just keep getting better and better. I really think your diet, as well as your own internal change has had a lot to do with it. When you get a chance post your diet for recent newbies.

:l:h:h:h:h
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                        X