new addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new addiction

hello, I am new here. my doctor put me on meds to get off alcohol, and now I am addicted to one of them, and take a box a day, sleep all day, and I realized I just switched addictions. im writing this before I take my meds and than I will be a zombie (just like I was on alcohol). but I`m scared if I get off this med, I will go right back to drinking because of my anxiety or addiction. so I just dont know what to do, I am scared.

thank you!

new addiction

What meds are you taking addicted?
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

new addiction

I take an antidepressant, as well as campral, but the one I am hooked on is xanax

Comment

new addiction

How much does doc know about your issues and how is it that you have access to so much of a controlled substance? Maybe if you told him of your problem, he could adjust your prescription to help you come off them or substitute with a diff. combination? You might look at Pain & Stress Center's website. They address prescription addictions.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

new addiction

Hi addicted. Welcome to you. I am so sorry to hear you are going through so many issues right now. You are not alone I promise you.
          Have a look at this forum, hopefully it will be helpful for your meds addiction. And using this place will help you keep your alcohol addiction in check.
          Good luck, and let us know how you are doing OK?
          Addiction: Substance Abuse Help - Forums and Discussions - MedHelp
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

new addiction

its so good to know I am not alone, this is what keeps me going..

thank you guys!!! going to see my shrink tomorrow!! see what he can do, but I am scared to admit my addiction, because i dont wanna give it up! its still better than vodka.

Comment

new addiction

hello addicted,

in my case, i take an antidepressant which is called Deanxit, along qith campral.

It does not cause any addiction, is sold without prescription, maybe this can help.

good luck

Comment

new addiction

I never used druds...mostly because I didn't have access to them. I know with my obsessive personality that it wouldn't take me long to be in your same boat.
                I saw a Stevie Nicks special the other night and she was addicted to presc. meds..
                She has always been a favorite of mine...since the (70s) but she has even more respect from me now that I know her whole story. She needed in patient care to beat the pills...It saved her life..
                I think you need to be straight with your Dr.. about what is going on with you and see what he has to say. Your life could depend on it.
                I
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

new addiction

Addicted, Im really surprised your doctor put you on Xanax to get off alcohol xanax is a benzo and highly addictive. Please talk to your doctor or find another one that specializes in addiction.

Comment

Working...
                  X