Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was good to remember...

Quit Trying to Please Everybody - Tools @ PurposeDriven.com
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

I thought this was good to remember...

That has been one of my BIG problems, and triggers. By working so hard to make everyone else happy, I was miserable, frustrated, and vulnerable to the low self-esteem I'd always felt. I could go back to my childhood, family interactions, etc. to understand this, but ultimately I was the caretaker - I couldn't have problems. AL was a panacea, a way to forget, something only I had control over (I thought!). Instead of thinking of myself, I slowly began to destroy myself. In my family setting, in my culture, women were supposed to be matyrs, suffer in silence, give everything to others, or we were selfish and greedy. It's a VERY hard trait to unlearn, but I'm working on it.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
    X