drinking thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drinking thoughts

i just wanted to acknowledge (is that spelled correctly???) that i used the tools that greenie posted about 5 ways to help you stop drinking today...i really focused on how bloody awful i feel after a binge and for soooo long...it is really helping me get past some hard times today.

:thanks::h

drinking thoughts

Hey peacenik,
    That's good news!
    Don't hesitate to use any tool to keep your mind where it needs to be. Drinking really doesn't make anything better!
    Congrats on your success today
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

drinking thoughts

Peacenik: I too try to remember the "bad old days" of drinking when I think that I'd like to drink. I've also stopped fooling myself into thinking I'll "have just one" in order to unwind. One drink would unleash an all-out binge for me. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

drinking thoughts

Firstly I just wanted to acknowledge that you spelled this word correctly!!

Secondly and more importantly I wanted to acknowledge and commend you peacenik for using the tools you were given to not pick up that drink. All too frequently I too can forget just how insane I was when I was binge drinking and where one drink can lead me. I also have to remember too that at the end of the day these are just thoughts and If I use the tools I've been freely given then they will pass quite quickly.

I've been feeling very discontented and irritable myself of late and my head was telling me on Friday to just bypass the drink completely and do everyone a favour and go and score some 'gear' and **** off and die in a corner somewhere. Kind of like a "I'll show you bastards how sad I'm really feeling!" That feeling of discontentment and sadness is still there but it's not as bad as it was as I'm using my tools to accept that this will pass and is just a feeling and I don't need to pick up a drink on it.

Well done peacenik. The more you use those tools the easier it will become in the future.

Love and Light
        Phil
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

drinking thoughts

Hi peacenik
          It's amazing how some of us can fool ourselves into believing that having a little drink will be a good thing, knowing all the while that the opposite is true. You did well.
          Phil, I know that you have been having a rough time of late but if anyone knows the perils of giving in to the demons, then it's you. Sometimes everything seems on track then life jumps up and bites us in the arse. You too are doing well by not allowing yourself to crack under what I sense to be ongoing pressures. Hold on mate. As you know situations and circumstance will always change, and while the past can be a source of pain, all we can hope to do is lay a good foundation for a better future.

Comment

drinking thoughts

well done peacenik for using the tools and fighting your triggers these waves will pass.

phil i hope you feel better,you are a very strong person and this emotion/reaction you have will also pass.
            keep positive move forward.
            A strong positive attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

drinking thoughts

lav and mary, thanks for encouraging me...sometimes that's all we need, huh?!
              hippie, i'm so glad you are here instead of "there"...what a terrible place to be, right? i can't believe i spelled acknowledged correctly, it looks strange!
              thanks for the encouragement everyone...it is so true that using the tools and knowledge we acquire here and in life really does help support what we know in our hearts to be true; sobriety is worth the struggle.
              popeye, i have learned the hard way over and over that i can't have just one, as i'm sure most of us here have, eh?! i am trying to rewire my brain to know that inherently, and to REMEMBER that on a visceral level!
              mario the waves have washed over me and are broken on shore...i am feeling good today!

peace to all!
              xo

Comment

drinking thoughts

using the tools and knowledge we acquire here and in life really does help support what we know in our hearts to be true; sobriety is worth the struggle.
                I like this a lot peacenik! We are not bad people just lost souls and in our hearts we know what is truth and what is lies.

Love and Light
                Phil
                xx

p.s. I did have to check the online dictionary myself as it did look a bit 'weird'!!! So can't take credit for being any kind of decent speller!!
                "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

drinking thoughts

PHIL , JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU A ((((((((((((((Phil )))))))):l
                  hippie37;728920 wrote: Firstly I just wanted to acknowledge that you spelled this word correctly!!

Secondly and more importantly I wanted to acknowledge and commend you peacenik for using the tools you were given to not pick up that drink. All too frequently I too can forget just how insane I was when I was binge drinking and where one drink can lead me. I also have to remember too that at the end of the day these are just thoughts and If I use the tools I've been freely given then they will pass quite quickly.

I've been feeling very discontented and irritable myself of late and my head was telling me on Friday to just bypass the drink completely and do everyone a favour and go and score some 'gear' and **** off and die in a corner somewhere. Kind of like a "I'll show you bastards how sad I'm really feeling!" That feeling of discontentment and sadness is still there but it's not as bad as it was as I'm using my tools to accept that this will pass and is just a feeling and I don't need to pick up a drink on it.

Well done peacenik. The more you use those tools the easier it will become in the future.

Love and Light
                  Phil
                  xx
                  Non Drinker 9/09
                  Non Smoker 6/09
                  Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Working...
                  X