Start Bac today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start Bac today

I just took my first dose of Bac; 5mg three times a day for five days than 10 mg three times a day. I will keep a log as well.
    My drinking pattern is as follows:
    1 beer and approx 0.5 pint of Rye per night - in a 2-3 hour span

Weight - 155lbs
    height - 5"6
    age - 39

Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated!

Start Bac today

My friend, all the best to you in your journey, I am right here with you, and very much look forward to following your progress
    I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

Start Bac today

Thanks for the encouragement. I have that daily debate in my head right now... do I drink tonight or do I try not to?I have 5.5 more hours before I act or dont...

Comment

Start Bac today

well AF is not going to happen tonight.... just cracked a beer and downed some rye

Comment

Start Bac today

Actually, the best way for your body would be to reduce your alcohol intake gradually (if you can do it). That way you can avoid or mitigate severe physical withdrawal symptoms.

It's the same concept as getting off benzos (or any addictive medication). You never want to stop such a medication (including baclofen, which technically is not addictive) suddenly. It is dangerous to do so.

Problem is, most alcoholics can't control their alcohol intake on their own after they start drinking. If bac allows you to assert some control yourself over your alcohol intake, you can set a schedule whereby you titrate off alcohol while you titrate up on baclofen.

In this way, I avoided most withdrawal symptoms (which I am all too familiar with from having detoxed "cold turkey" numerous times).

Good luck, and keep hoping...
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Start Bac today

I guess I have decided to wait until I am up to 30mgs a day of Baclofen before trying to go AF which is in 4 days. Last night was a typical night for me....

Comment

Start Bac today

Apologies for being off-topic...

Beatle, I've just recently realised that when I went AF, I wasn't experiencing withdrawal, but anxiety over having dumped my best friend!

And hang in there! The off-switch does exist. I started not giving a damn about AL, but it was bloody difficult to believe that it was actually happening. I've joked with you about being a cynic, but truth be told, I'm one myself. I've since suspended my disbelief, even as I've titrated down to the point where I'm not experiencing total indifference.
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Start Bac today

Day Three of Bac,
                My days are somewhat like usual, thinking about how much al i have and when i will start drinking although I usually get 12 beer every week and today I told my self I do not want that much and didnt by any. Bac makes the al hit me harder blck ou a lot faster. I will be glad when the bottle of Rye is gone, I may try to finish it tonight, just to get rid of it. wish me luck!

Comment

Start Bac today

tiptronic_ct;801639 wrote: Apologies for being off-topic...

Beatle, I've just recently realised that when I went AF, I wasn't experiencing withdrawal, but anxiety over having dumped my best friend!

And hang in there! The off-switch does exist. I started not giving a damn about AL, but it was bloody difficult to believe that it was actually happening. I've joked with you about being a cynic, but truth be told, I'm one myself. I've since suspended my disbelief, even as I've titrated down to the point where I'm not experiencing total indifference.
                  Spot on Tips "the switch does exist" according to Dr A with the weight thing conducted on rats My switch should have been 230 mg a day My switch clicked in at 200mg I think even at 190 I had no thoughts or cravings for alcohol anxiety dissolved at 60 mg. I have experienced no side affects except insomina which I have always suffered...for those thinking of trying bac do it!!!...But it will only stop the craving as tips says you need to put a plan in to deal with the fact that you chose self destruction by alcohol ... keep trying this is NOT a useless endeavour
                  Reg a large RAT

Comment

Start Bac today

i wish yo the best!
                    just don't think i will work from one day a nother.
                    regards
                    German Forum on Baclofen and Alcohol http://www.baclofen-forum.com/
                    my alcohol baclofen statistic
                    http://www.baclofen-forum.com/stats/fets/

Comment

Start Bac today

tiptronic_ct;801639 wrote: Apologies for being off-topic...

Oh, I do believe it will happen. And why shouldn't I believe? I have been given every reason to believe from the people here, and from the incredible progress I personally have had so far.
                      :thumbs:
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Start Bac today

Well no alcohol tonight, not that it hasnt been on my mind every waking moment today.
                        10mg of bac x 3 times per day.

Comment

Start Bac today

night went all right, think I woke up a few times, then my daughter was up around 1:00am with pains in her belly so I was up with her for about an hour than got up at 5:00am and went to the gym for the first time. Is it too soon to set a goal for 30 days AF? I know after a few days, I will probably start to feel like I have it under control and I can just drink one night to celebrate but need to keep telling myself that I cant do that anymore.

Comment

Start Bac today

Just keep telling yourself you can't. I always get to that stage and normally cave. I try set goals of I won't drink today and go from there. I am only at day 3 though.

Good luck !

Ps. Where are you in Canada?
                            AF July 6 2014

Comment

Start Bac today

Hey Christyacc,
                              Thanks for the note. Day three is better than day one. I am in New Brunswick - Moncton, and you? Please keep in touch and feel free to tell me what challenges you the most to acheive your goals.
                              Take Care!

Comment

Working...
                              X