Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Ambien And High-Dosage Baclofen mix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently decided to start upping my Bac dosage to go from moderating my drinking to stopping altogether. Things are going well, and I feel good about things and might even say (perhaps prematurely) that I think this might work for good. I don't really even have any horrendous side-effects aside from pretty extreme insomnia. I say it isn't a problem because so far, strangely, it hasn't been. But I got 2 hours of sleep day before yesterday, six hours yesterday, and last night I stayed up and went grocery shopping and cleaned house. Needless to say, this can't go on much longer. I am up to 200 mgs (I weigh 150 lbs.), and I plan on going up to possibly 300 mg. Someone gave me an Ambien forever ago and I was going to try it, but since my Bac dosage just recently went up and I'm not used to Ambien, would the combo be risky? I guess Bac is supposed to be a downer of sorts but it seems to have the opposite effect on me. If the Ambien knocked me out I was thinking about getting a prescription. Thoughts?

I personally would NEVER take Ambien! I have known so many people with horrible stories including my husband. I am sure that soon it will be taken off the market because it is just downright dangerous! People have reported not remembering walking, talking, eating the night before. A co-worker told me she got up in the middle of the night and ate crackers and jelly ~ no recollection whatsoever~ and had jelly smeared all down the front of her night gown the next morning. So combined with Bac I think you are really taking a risk.
    This is just my opinion.........

Comment

Also~

They say that's what killed Heath Ledger.......

Comment

Hi ThirdMan,

Congrats on the success so far w/Baclofen. I'm loving what its doing for me, too. I currently still take Trazodone for sleep and haven't had any issues, but I'm not up to 200mgs of Bac yet. The drug dot com website shows Ambien and Baclofen as a "moderate" risk, but I believe there are hundreds of moderate risks, which in my non-medical opinion, are low risk. I did a lot of googling when I started Bac to see if I would have any interactions with my other meds and do remember seeing other people take Bac & Ambien together.

Best,
        Daz

P.S. I am not a medical professional.

Comment

I have been taking Ambien for years with no problems. It has been an effective sleep aid. I have recently begun BAC for drinking. I am titrating up and I am now at 60mg. Last night I slept like I was in a coma and that somewhat worries me. I would like to get off the Ambien but I know I must do that slowly. Keith was taking a lot more than just Ambien.

Comment

Working...
          X