DAY 8 and Still Doing Great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Everybody! It's a bit after 1pm on Day 8, and I am still wine free, and, subsequently, WHINE FREE!

No problems last night. Watched some TV and did some straightening up around the house. Still eating well, drinking a gallon of water per day and exercising. Starting to feel the way I used to back before all the madness began.

I hope you are all doing well, too! I will check in tomorrow or the next day!

Keep strong!

Great job. The first days are the roughest but you are doing awesome! Keep it up and you will be amazed by your new life.
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Thank you, both, for your kind words!

Comment

Well done and keep it up!

I am also on day 8 (11am only tho!). Have to say, I'm starting to crave sugar much more than usual and know I could feel tempted today but no, will keep going. Are you getting an increase in sugar cravings on day 8/9 ?

I have to remember that I'm enjoying
        - this new energy level I have
        - no body aches/pains
        - great sleeps
        - a much better concentration span
        - more cash in my pocket.

AF since 19/6/11

Comment

Great job on Day 8. Watch out for the two week mark, the 2 week mark was the hardest for me to get through (can't remember why that is) and I lost quits in the past at the 2 week mark.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Congrat on 8 AF days NoMore & morrey!!!!

Very happy for the both of you!
            Staying close to MWO really helped me keep my focus ~ still does

Wishing you both continued success!
            Ditto on what Sheri said about L-Glutamine!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Still hanging in there, mind you I've indulged in 2 chocolate muffins! I figure I'll give into these simple pleasures if I can just stay AF. For some reason it is harder today than the last few, Sunday is tough for me not sure why...

Sheri - thanks for the nice words and the link. A little technical but explains the cravings!
              Drifty - I think i know what you mean re the 2 week mark, feels like I've hit it now!
              Lav - thanks for your support, MWO has been really helpful in those week moments.

Fingers crossed I keep going.

Comment

Well done on day 8 both of you, There is a tool box in the monthly abstinence thread, it sure is a good read and will certainly help you on your journey.keep posting and sharing what your going through as we can all relate.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Congratulations to you both. Every day is a milestone to be celebrated.

Enjoy the day!
                  I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

Thanks for your support and well wishes. I am not a sugar eater, and I have not had any cravings for any particular foods. The wine was really the only "bad" thing I was consuming. In fact, I am eating very well, and have not had a craving for anything. I agree with those who said they were eating crappy food with the alcohol because it lowers your defenses. I would call and order a pizza. Previously, I would have pizza once a month, not once a week!

Comment

How fantastic!

Keep Going! You are doing soooo well xxx
                      NoMoreWineThisTime;1136805 wrote: Hi, Everybody! It's a bit after 1pm on Day 8, and I am still wine free, and, subsequently, WHINE FREE!

No problems last night. Watched some TV and did some straightening up around the house. Still eating well, drinking a gallon of water per day and exercising. Starting to feel the way I used to back before all the madness began.

I hope you are all doing well, too! I will check in tomorrow or the next day!

Keep strong!

Comment

Working...
                      X