Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to lose a beer belly?

To all ex-beer drinkers:

Sorry if this has been asked before! One - and only one - of the reasons I'm stopping drinking is because I have now got a horrible beer belly. A couple of weeks ago I told my daughter I had a football (soccer ball) in my stomach. She said it looks more like a 'Skippy ball' (those huge balls with ears that kids bounce on)!!!

Anyway, aside from my apparently gargantuan beer belly, I'm normally constituted. So, my question is whether by stopping drinking beer I will naturally lose that unwanted weight, or if I should be doing proactive about getting rid of it?

Thanks, Buzz.

I say excersise and eat right. But what will you do after you get rid of the beer belly to make sure that you don't get it back?
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

The dreaded beer belly

I am a Dietitian so I can help with this. I am also a recovering beer drinker (12 lite beers a day was my usual) and the thing that has helped most was staying away from sugar...(BIG TRIGGER) and eating alot more protein.

I have a protein shake in the morning and more protein throughout the day and I have lost 22 pounds. I read the labels on everything and stay away from any processed foods that have 10grams of sugar or more.

I also take L-Glutamine supplements and I just don't seem to have the cravings I used to have.
      Beer drinking is all about sugar so protein helps keep me satisfied and I haven't HAD a drink in 3 1/2 months..one day at a time!

I hope this helps.

MissH

Comment

Beer drinker too with a bowling ball tummy....LOL

I gave up any added sugar when I gave up AL, I noticed very quickly my face thinned out, and my love handles started slimming down too.

Its taking a little while but I can see the sides of my stomach vanishing. I didnt get this stomach overnight, so it wont go away overnight, but gradually Im pretty sure it will return to a smaller size.

Its been around 105 days, at 10 beers a night with 100 thats 1000 "empty calories" thats 105,000 I dont have to burn off. One of my many motivations to stay away from AL
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I feel sure that beer made me look like the world's longest pregnant woman-- from the back you cannot tell how large I am-- all the weight is in my stomach which makes it so hard to buy clothes-- they hang on the hips and shoulders! I shudder to think of the calories I consumed daily with beer and sometimes wine. Hopefully the pounds will be coming off now that I am booze free. It would be a real lift!

Comment

I have that beer belly/beer bloat too. The bloating is getting better and I am 7 days AL free t

Comment

Oops... 7 days al free today. I plan to start an exercise plan soon. Detox is almost done!

Comment

In addition to "beer" belly, there is definitely "wine" belly. When I stopped drinking wine for a few months earlier this year...my face and my stomach definitely thinned out. I wonder why it is with the stomach...why it gets bloated with AL? I can understand a puffy face due to dehydration, but why the belly issue?
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

Thanks everyone. I was kinda hoping it would disappear of its own accord, but it seems I will also need to do some exercise, yuk!

Buzz.

Comment

stick with it and you'll deflate eventually ...

im not one who enjoys exercise, but im loving it at the moment, i find it a great distraction when im craving or longing, so a double whammy there
                    WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Working...
                    X