Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you see my signature please ?

One more big relapse !!
    I felt so healthy and strong ,and tried once more it went to dark again.
    It was 10th of Feb.
    Manage the valentine day anyway.
    I wont give up the hope for sure .
    I will get my goal for sure though I might fail a couple of more ...
    How about you ?
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Back up on the horse Dixs, you have seen the sober side of life and know it better than drunk haze of a half life we exist in when drinking
    :bat :bat :bat
    AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Catch yourself before the (switch) goes off!

Every time you slip and take a drink remind yourself how you felt the last few times you went off the edge. If you can catch yourself in time, you can shut it down. When you feel that relaxed feeling.. (just say in your mind - That's enough time to go home and let the relaxation take me off to dream land) And the next day DO NOT DRINK! Do anything, take anything to avoid it! Then after good sleep on that second night, it will feel as if you never even had a drink. Just do anything to avoid turning on that switch in your brain that will start calling for it! I found when I did do this and catch myself in time it worked! But warning! It's very difficult to do! 60% of the time I dived head long into whiskey river! However the times I did catch myself, I felt great and proud of it!

Comment

dixon;1463399 wrote: One more big relapse !!

I will get my goal for sure though I might fail a couple of more ...

Dix
        Dix, The above sentence sounds like you're already setting yourself up for failure, and giving yourself an out. Don't go there -- just think about today. You can do this.
        AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Dix, it sounds like you are giving yourself permission to drink "just one last time". You need to say here and out loud to yourself, "I'm done".
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam and Pixie are exactly right Dix. Tap into that mindset that worked so well for you. I wish you all the best!
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
            X