X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I am taking - is this ok?

Hello everyone
    Hope everyone is having a great day.
    I have been reading the board/research - thanks cv - and other sites and I thought I would run by what I am taking and when to see if anyone has any thoughts:

Morning (8 am) - milk thistle with breakfast, Amino Complete, Vitamin B and Magesium (I am now thinking the amino is supposed ot be taken on an EMPTY stomach, it appears? - if so, before breakfast is better?), 1200 mg of kudzu (all with breakfast), L-Glut (1000 mg) about an hour after breakfast.

Lunch - milk thistle, 900 mg of kudzu, 1000 mg of l-glut about an hour after dinner

Dinner - milk thistle, 900 mg of kudzu, 1000 mg of l-glut about an hour after dinner.

Am I doing this wrong?
    Thanks eveyrone
    Hugs
    Jen

GOOD

Jen,
    I think your doin great! As you get in to doin the supps you'll find that you may add more stuff as you go. For various other things too. Its kind of a lifestyle to get into. Sometimes I think I have the most expensive Pee in town but who cares. As CV has shown us there is a lot to it. You have a great start and then I think each of us can kinda tweak our own program to suit our own specific needs. : ) Gabby

Comment

Re: GOOD

Hi Jen
      Looks like your doing great. Like Gabby said.Once you get the hang of it you can make your own vit program to suit your self. I'v added more amino acids and vits to help with stress and anxiety.As i said before i now think i need a tool box to organize my vits and things.:lol
      lluf

Comment

does sound good, Jen!
        You GOTTA try to find the GABA though. I swear it makes a big difference. Mood support, drinking...errrr NOT drinking support!
        Truckin along, huh? Nice job!:d
        Bec

Comment

sounds great..but (dumb question here) what is the GABA? I dont even know if I am taking it. LOL. I tell you...all I really know is that I am not drinking as much....ahhhhh-Jen, how are the cravings doing...good or no? and no topa? (I am off topa too...so wondering)
          peace out-millie

Comment

I shall now transcribe what my bottle of GABA says...
            ahem:
            "GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid) is a non-essential amino acid found mainly in the human brain and eyes. It is considered an inhibitory neurotransmitter, which means it regulates brain and nerve cell activity by inhibiting the number of neurons firing in the brain. GABA is referred to as the "brain's natural calming agent." By inhibiting over-stimulation of the brain, GABA may help promote relaxation and ease nervous tension. "

So there ya go. Kind of reminds me of what the research about the topa says it does. Calms those spazoid neurotransmitters that tell us "MORE, MORE!!" From Cynthia's research, I also read about taking the GABA on an empty stomach, and that much may not completely be absorbed, but that there is good evidence to support that what does get to the bloodstream gets to the brain and is effective.

I was only taking 1 500mg tab in the am. Now I take 1 in the afternoon too. Once again, I SWEAR I notice a difference when I take it with decreased wanting to drink.

I actually find it more helpful than the Kudzu. Sorry Kudzu fans! Hey, whatever works, huh?
            Becca

Comment

Working...
            X