Chipotle restaurant barbacoa clone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove most of the fat from the roast and then cut into large chunks (approximately 6).
    Pour oil into a frying pan and sear all sides of roast on medium-high heat until browned.
    Place meat into Crockpot and pour adobo sauce over meat.
    Pour in the chicken broth and add bay leaves.
    Cook on high heat 6 hours or on low all day.
    While still in the Crockpot, shred the meat with two forks and turn the heat to warm. Serve with hard or soft tortilla shells when ready.
    Whoever I had become, the alcoholic, had to die.

Thanks. That sounds really yummy.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Chipotle rules! but ill try it
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Trust me, this is amazing.

Ever since I started making this my family and extended family request this at least once a month, especially during large events. My brother in law who was a larger Chipotle fan than myself rarely eats there anymore. He buys me all of the ingredients and flips me $20 just to make it for him.

Let me know what you guys think!

Comment

Trugrit, that looks great! I do similar braises myself but never follow a recipe as I have the attention span of a gnat that's been smoking crack

I'm pleasantly surprised that there is no sugar in this. nice!

only change I'd make personally is to make sure the 'vegetable oil' is olive oil or something other than an industrial seed oil.

now I'm hungry....
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

I'm all over this one. Thanks so much for posting :thanks:
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Determinator;1618012 wrote: Trugrit, that looks great! I do similar braises myself but never follow a recipe as I have the attention span of a gnat that's been smoking crack
              LMAO!

Determinator;1618012 wrote: I'm pleasantly surprised that there is no sugar in this. nice! A lot of people do that to knock down the acidity of the adobo but I let them know that the apple cider vinegar does that job and then some.

Determinator;1618012 wrote:
              only change I'd make personally is to make sure the 'vegetable oil' is olive oil or something other than an industrial seed oil.
              This is true, I almost always use a good olive or peanut oil and did try it with this recipe once but there was just something "off" about it without the vegetable oil.

techie wrote:
              I'm all over this one. Thanks so much for posting :thanks:
              Awesome, enjoy! Let me know what you think.

Comment

This is delicious!! Made it yesterday - the house smelled great all day. Served with soft flour tortillas, fresh chopped cilantro, slices of lime to juice on top, chopped onions and chopped tomatoes. Yummy!! Today, added guacamole to the toppings and it was delicious too. Thanks for the recipe -- a keeper for sure.
                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Okay, this WHOLE thing went in the Crovk Pot at 11:30 am PCT so I will keep you all posted!! :new:

By 1:15 it is smelling incredible...:chef:

On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

WOW!!!!! :wow::wow:

You guys forgot to mention that this dish will set your hair on fire! nfire:

The only bad thing was I really would have liked a Corona to go along with it but.....

So I think I will try it again but half the Adobe Chiles!!
                    :l
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hi Kradle,

It is a bit spicy. The guacamole and lime juice really temper the heat. Good suggestion on the chiles - I'll try that too next time.
                      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

I am going to try this one! It looks amazing. I like the fact I can put it in the crock pot and go to work. After work, break out the guacamoli, tortillas and some salsa kind of stuff...YUM!

I will let you know.

Thanks for sharing!
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

AWESOME!!!!
                          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I'm making it in the morning. Everything is ready to go in the crockpot. I will let you know!
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Am I invited Narilly?
                              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X