Things to stop/start doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just discovered this: 30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself - StumbleUpon and then a companion article, looking at the same points from an opposite angle: 30 Things to Start Doing for Yourself

My favourite:

Start valuing the lessons your mistakes teach you.
    Mistakes are okay; they?re the stepping stones of progress. If you?re not failing from time to time, you?re not trying hard enough and you?re not learning. Take risks, stumble, fall, and then get up and try again. Appreciate that you are pushing yourself, learning, growing and improving. Significant achievements are almost invariably realized at the end of a long road of failures. One of the ?mistakes? you fear might just be the link to your greatest achievement yet.
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Love it Dreamy. I've had to book mark it for a proper read. Love the hot posts as well.

Big :thanks:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1620188 wrote: Just discovered this: 30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself - StumbleUpon and then a companion article, looking at the same points from an opposite angle: 30 Things to Start Doing for Yourself

My favourite:

Start valuing the lessons your mistakes teach you.

Mistakes are okay; they?re the stepping stones of progress. If you?re not failing from time to time, you?re not trying hard enough and you?re not learning. Take risks, stumble, fall, and then get up and try again. Appreciate that you are pushing yourself, learning, growing and improving. Significant achievements are almost invariably realized at the end of a long road of failures. One of the ?mistakes? you fear might just be the link to your greatest achievement yet.
      Great post Dreamy, I definitely follow the valuing your mistakes. When I mess up (big or small), I feel the shame, guilt, regret, sorrow, etc. But then I switch my thoughts to, what can I learn from this? How can I make sure this doesn't happen again? It takes time sometimes for me to get there and other times I switch pretty quickly. Overall, it allows me to learn and then move on. It has worked much better for me since I have been sober. When I was drinking, my thoughts were a broken record, beating myself up daily.

Thanks Dreamy!
      AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Thank you for this link, Dream!
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Bumped for LC
          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Thanks for this Dreamy - will check them out proper when get my lappie back from repair

Comment

Great post, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X