Venting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venting

I have been working parts of the program but not completely because I needed to get the Topa which required dr. appts (multiple), plus financial issues have postponed purchasing everything and then there is being a single mother with two children and a full-time job making the meditation time a bit difficult. See, I can be the queen of excuses!

Oh, then of course sometimes I just don't want to give up boozing myself into oblivian (sp?) when things get tough!

But, when I wake up and look in the mirror and haven't morphed into Jennifer Aniston I wonder why!?

SO to make my long story longer.....My friend has been much more faithful to the program than me but I am NOT giving up. I truly believe my old habits are just difficult to break and that includes my weight. I drink sometimes cause I feel so fat and that makes me forget about it for a moment, then I realize that the drinking is what is making the weight stay on?! I'm getting there I just have to keep jumping the hurdles and try not to be so hard on myself when I stumble!

Just had to share.....that's what we are all here for right!:happy

Oh, and my home computer is in the shop so I'm sneaking in at work, which is tricky!

Venting

I think I can speak for others Thuzzy, and I KNOW that I can surely speak for myself when I say that I know EXACTLY, down to the letter, what you mean. The drinking, the weight, and definitely not morphing into Jennifer Aniston (a 50-year-old Jennifer??:lol ) can get discouraging at times. Keep on trying. There are lots of us here who keep trying, and many of us HAVE gotten it right after a number of tries!! (I'm still trying, myself, but there are quite a few success stories, too!)

Hugs,
    Kathy

Comment

Venting

Me too, Thuzzy--weight gain, feel ugly and fat--plus, old! At 50, I sometimes felt that the "good" part of my life is over.... I drank sometimes because I just wanted to forget where I was in life...

HOWEVER, having been abs for 60 days I now feel a renewed sense of hope...I am really beginning (well, not every day perhaps) to feel as though I have some good years left! Maybe even better than the last 10 years of drinking--and, before my 11 years of sobriety--that 15 years of drugging and drinking in my so-called "youth." Whether you decide to completely stop drinking or find a way to moderate, I guarantee you will start to have more patience with yourself, the bloat will disappear and weight loss will follow....I have managed to lose 12+ lbs because I've not drinking gallons of wine every day and am beginning to exercise (at at least move about) more than I have in years. The weight loss is slow, but it's finally happening!

Glad to hear you're not giving up! You're right, old habits are hard to break--but it can be done! Know that many of us feel as you do...but there IS hope...and LOTS of it here!

hugs, susan

Comment

Venting

Thanks! No giving up here! I have too much invested and I don't mean financially! I really believe in so much of this and I am learning more everyday. My favorite thing is that I am not a failure or a freak of nature. That keeps me pluggin along.

For years I looked for something besides the AA way (again, no offense to them) because it didn't work for me and the way this was broken down just sounded so logical and even if you trip up you can still get up and keep going without losing ground or going back to start.

Plus, everyone I meet here on-line and my friend aren't "court ordered" faking their desire to be sober or get better. GROSS!

Comment

Venting

OK guys....you keep on inspiring me. Right now I better get off to the gym before anther day goes by me stuck in front of this computer readin all this good stuff and not gettin anything else done. Gotta keep the exercise up top cuz I'm not seein much loss either. But!!!!! Today is day 14 for me and still no beer! That makes me so happy for me. (I just sang that sentence) Gabby k.....bye dragging myself off the chair........one arm pulling the other arm off the keyboard....................bbbbbyyyyereee.e...... .....

Comment

Venting

Good job, Gabby!
            I'm 52 and feeling just like you...started working out yesterday..ouch.....we can do this...how's your kitty?
            your friend,
            Anni

Comment

Venting

ok guys, I made it. 40 mins on the elipitical thing-a-ma-bob. I used to work out every day but boy not now. So I feel good about gettin that in. Ya know all we have to do is start small on this and work up. It really is the key to get the metabolism goin. They are sayin ya dont have to do as much as you used to do to gain the same benefits. I think for overweight people cardio is better than lifting if you cant do both. And now I read that you can add your time together. Like 2 15 mins walks equaling 30 mins of cardio. Gotta get your heart rate up tho. Anyway once I got there its isnt so bad. : )
              Annie, thankyou for askin...my little kitty is so cute and cuddley. Really its just what I needed. Sometimes I think kittens are better than prozac. Gabby

Comment

Venting

I'm heading around the lake on a walk/jog with mywayout buddy after work! We both are working up from couch potato status. Taking it slow and building so as not to get discouraged.

I have a new kitty too I like him very much, much better than the impulse puppy I bought on St. Patty's Day (need I say more?) I think I'm trying to fill the missing man void!? Especially after I had drank a few dozen brews!!

I'm on hold as we speak with the computer people, hopefully I'll be back on-line at home so I can finish a thought without hiding the screen!:lol

Talk to everyone later!

Comment

Venting

Oh Thuzzy thats nice that you have a kitty too. I think they help so much. All the pets do. I dont feel that man void really. Still scary to me. Have to much work to do on me yet. gabby

Comment

Venting

Oh, the man void....that black hole. Scares the heck out of me. Might be interesting to have a thread on that, but even starting a thread scares me!!!

Hugs,
                    Kathy

Comment

Venting

Sometimes I think the man void is how I got here in the first place! Besides when the animals get lippy I can just put them in their kennels for a time out! But the good thing is they never do and their love is so unconditional! No matter how ugly my past or how fat or thin I am!

Later guys!

Comment

Venting

Ahhhh...The man void! Thats a deeeeeeep hole, isn't it? Sometimes its possible to have even when you've been with the same one many years! :rolleyes In my old age, 50+, I've found that I can't expect him to meet my every need esp. emotionally. He just doesn't have the tools or power for that job. He can't help it!! His brain is different.....I've always heard that the only way you can change a man is if he's in diapers. :rollin
                        Now my dog, Belle, understands and loves me completely and always knows when I need a wet smooch or to be licked!:happy
                        I'm her "favorite thing" except when she needs a indoor bath!
                        I would love to have a kitty also but I think Belle would be too rough on one. Poor kitty would probably have to drink or pop pills to live with us.:eek

Hey....somebody start the man void thread...I thing it would be fun!
                        Nancy:d

Comment

Working...
                        X