friday 4th ...poets day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday 4th ...poets day

morning all...how are we all today then?good? excellent...the start of the weekend is here,so lets get on with it..was just about to say it isnt raining...but guess what ..it sure is!!not a lot happening here at the moment,was on the treadmill again yesterday,not for long though....12 days and its Tenerife time for me...
    right brew time..on we go....

hiya Lav....how are you today?I take it that by your convoluted day you were all over the place..A to b ..via JK AND Z!! well heres a simple uncomplicated brew...did you just go looking at the gardens or was there a buy whilst you were there too?how is the weekend looking for you?kid free??

hiya ns..hope your journey went well.......how many biggies do you do a year roughly...?as for your comments on this site...I think there are a good few of us could say exactly the same.....have a great time..

hiya pauly..hows you today then?as for your phone playing up...yep mine does that too sometimes..it also freezes...and yep taking the battery out fixes it...and yep bang on the money re the upgrade gimmick!!

hiya Sam...how are you?yes you are right about the politics...we have got the same over here...but a couple of things I have noticed..firstly some of the crap that politicians do come out with..it makes you wonder how they get away with it ..it seems like once elected by the people ..then they no longer represent the wishes of said people,but seem to just go and do their own thing!!Secondly the number of twists and turns and deviations they make..examples...these are what they are not my beliefs or views in any way...
    2 nights ago Cameron voted to bomb shit out of Syria...yet not 3 months ago he said at conference the very opposite.....Corbyn said that the situation should be resolved through political means and talks....yet there are photos of him sitting with Gerry Adams,Martin McGuiness..prior to the peace process in NI..Im pretty sure you have similar parallels over there..oops just fell off me soapbox!!have a great weekend..

hiya bear hows the cold?you feelin ok?hope so..

hi kuya hows you down there?all good?

mornin pie ..and hows you today then?hows dogsville doing?everything ok?

hi det...you doing good my man..take it easy mate ..have you any plans for the weekend?

righty ho folks tis time to go....

have a good one...

Microsoft sent me an advent calendar by post.

I'm not opening windows 6, 7, 8 or 10.

"Beatles or Stones?" I asked my son.

"Why can't I just have something normal for dinner?" he pleaded.

Got one of those Provident Loans last week and used it to buy a big new settee.

So I can hide behind it on payment day.

"Yellow car!" shouted my brother, before punching me hard on the arm.

I don't think I can last three more days on holiday in New York.

I ordered a book online called, "Origami for Beginners".

When it arrived it was just a scrunched up piece of paper.

I ordered a book called "How to relieve stress"

My goodness, for the life of me I really hope that it arrives on time.

And that it's useful.

And that the delivery man doesn't dislike me.

I knew a girl called Anna Grams once.....

She was a bit messed up.

A Frenchman, an Englishman and a New Yorker are exploring the jungle and are captured by a fierce tribe.

The chief tells them, "The bad news is that we've caught you, we're going to kill you, and then use your skins to build a canoe. The good news is that you get to choose how you die."

The Frenchman says, "I take ze poison." The chief gives him some poison; the Frenchman says, "Vive la France!" and drinks it down.

The Englishman says, "A pistol for me, please." The chief gives him a pistol; the Brit points it at his head, says, "God save the Queen!" and blows his brains out.

The New Yorker says, "Gimme a fork." The chief is puzzled, but he shrugs and gives him a fork. The New Yorker takes the fork and jabs himself all over -- the stomach, the sides, the chest, everywhere. Blood gushes from every hole.

The chief screams, "What are you doing?"

The New Yorker looks at the chief and says, "So much for your canoe, a**hole!"

A preacher concludes his service by saying, "Next Sunday I am going to preach on the subject of liars. And in preparation for my discourse, I would like you all to read the 17th chapter of Mark."

The following Sunday, the preacher says, "Now, all of you who have done as I requested and read the 17th chapter of Mark, please raise your hands."

Nearly every hand in the congregation goes up.

The preacher continues, "You are the people I want to talk to. There is no 17th chapter of Mark."

Q: Why is it dangerous to go in the jungle after 5 p.m?
    A: Because elephants jump out of trees after 5 p.m.
    Q: Why do beavers have flat tails?
    A: Because they go in the jungle after 5 p.m
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning all
    another nice crisp sunny morning here in 'ol Virginny. thanks for the start up, Mick. Enjoyed the chapter 17 and the beaver joke!
    Yep, I think the politic thing is universal. There was a folk singer over here named Utah Phillips. In one of his little rants on a cd I have says "poli-tic: multiple blood sucking insect". I really do try to stay away from it because folks have their own ideas and a person can talk till they are blue in the face and it never really matters. Everyone still believes what they believe, even if there are facts to refute a statement. Dinosaurs really didn't live millions of years ago, etc. The world is flat, I knew it!

ok, ok, enough.

So how is everyone doing? Sleeping till 5?? I've been sleeping hard in the morning lately. Maybe making up for lost sleep being sick. Weird dreams too.

well off to it, be well good friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE guys,

Politics! Don't start me ! LOL
      At a local level it can be well intentioned but beyond that it is always about being paid to tell others what to do.
      I don't even know why we delude ourselves that power is held by anyone other than corporations, with politicians simply their puppets.
      My neighbour for 15 years back in London is Syrian....she still emails me after 13 years gone and her heart is broken from the mess created in her country.
      Honestly USA and UK are not going to stop until the whole world is plunged into darkness.

Anyways there is nothing we can do so let's just get on with the serious business of being as happy as we can.

Hope all are well....have a great day wherever you are

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Sunny & crisp here, just the way it should be this time of year
        I absolutely hate politics. That's all I am going to say. Our votes don't mean a damn thing.

I got sad news this morning that our Curves club is closing at the end of the month. I know it's rough operating these franchises & the girl running it is my age, she's tired of it all. Don't know what I am going to do with myself in the mornings, ha ha. Guess I will be dusting off the treadmill parked right next to my workshop. Damn

Mick, I was all over the place yesterday & grateful that I filled up my gas tank on Wednesday. I was zooming!!! I didn't buy any plants at Longwood yesterday, just looked. We are heading out later today to buy a Christmas tree, tis the season

Hi there Sam & kuya! Good to see you both!

Well, I am heading out to Curves while it's doors are still open.
        Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well... 3 am wake-up for me. My body just does not DO time changes well at all! I'm going to see how it goes not fighting it this time. And, I can go to bed early if I have to.

I think my gym will close soon, too, Lav, which will be good because I'll have to stop paying $$ to never go :wink:.

I used to watch political talking heads almost every evening - maybe because there was no plot to follow (which I couldn't) or maybe I almost perversely liked hearing about situations more screwed up than mine. I still think it is important to be informed but I limit my exposure now. And more carefully choose my sources.

Hope you're all doing well, NS.

Comment

Mae everybody, NS welcome to the 3 am club that's my daily struggle, that's why I said to Bear I wish I could sleep until 5,and even if I stay up later I still wake up at that time,whatevs, I loved the canoe joke Mick haha,so sad for you that curves is closing Lav I know its part of your daily routine, could exercise at home but the friendships and structure will be missing,need to hit the 99 cent store today for the usual junk and some holiday decs,hubs put the lights up outside but all the bows and stuffs missing so it looks naked!sounds like everyone is well,much love to all and I hope we all have a fantastic Friday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Aloooha Friday ABeroooooos!

my 2 day work week is over hahahaa

Lav, gotta keep moving so glad you have exercise machine. I tried some weights today but the bar was below freezing and it wasn't very much fun.
              so... making room in the laundry room to move the weight bench in for the winter.

politics? it's right up there with brain cancer as to my feeling on the subject. we cannot vote ourselves freedom from the bowels of a corrupt institution.

wow, it's the weekend and I have absolutely no plans as of yet. i think a sleep-in is in order.

'grant me the courage to change that which I cannot accept'. I like that.

downloaded a new audio book on addiction which a friend recommended: 'in the realm of hungry ghosts' by Gabor Mate haven't started it yet.

yummy salmon and veggies for lunch.. feeling good. yay!

off to continue making space in the house

be well peeps
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X