No announcement yet.

use of Fasoracetam in conjunction with Baclofen, may help with memory / amnesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

use of Fasoracetam in conjunction with Baclofen, may help with memory / amnesia

On reddit today I read someone suggesting Fasoracetam for phenibut withdrawal, this peaked my interest given that phenibut like baclofen is a gaba-b agonist. I checked out the wiki which is quite interesting

Fasoracetam

Fasoracetam appears to act as a GABAB receptor antagonist. It has been shown to block memory disruptions caused by Baclofen, a GABA B agonist.[2] Fasoracetam upregulates GABA B receptors after repeat dosing.[3]
    I remember reading a study a few weeks back, i really should have posted it

The GABAB receptor agonist, baclofen, contributes to three distinct varieties of amnesia in the human brain – A detailed case report

It's a running joke with my SO that my memory is terrible, but I never attributed it to baclofen, seemed like it was terrible when i was drinking daily and remains so, perhaps even worse, though i cant remember :P

Anyway, I wonder if anyone has heard of Fasoracetam and has more information on it. Perhaps it's useful when taking high dose baclofen to reverse memory problems. However its a gaba-b receptor antagonist and baclofen is an agonist, so shouldnt they contradict each other? The wiki mentions it affecting those with impaired memories from taking baclofen but doesnt mention if they are still taking baclofen. Briefly looking at the studies in the links its not clear either.
    01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

I used to take Piracetam for similar reasons, but in the last few years it has become impossible to find in the US. This one is really intriguing. I would be interested in trying it.

Comment

Neo- I spent only a short amount of time researching Fasoracetam. Very, very interesting. I think that there is a lot to be learned and discovered in information found in your post. Thank u for sharing this info.
      Last edited by Spiritfree; December 10, 2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Does somebody got an answer ?
        Is it possible to mix Fasoracetam with baclofen?
        I am trying to taper down baclofen with Fasoracetam

Comment

I bought something like that on the internet. In all the time I have posted here, no one has ever mentioned Fasoracetam or any of the similar nootropics and I don't think any doctor in the world will have any idea about it since there are only a handful still getting into treating with baclofen, so, no, no one has an answer.

Although, from the OP's wiki entry it would appear that some rats who are on baclofen have benefited from it. No more forgetting where they left their keys.
          BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

no one really knows, these are studies on rats, but they are of interest for the reason i said in the original post. if you take fasoracetam and high dose baclofen no one can confidently say what will happen, you're a guinea pig and potentially playing with fire.
            01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

Re: use of Fasoracetam in conjunction with Baclofen, may help with memory / amnesia

Originally posted by yaniv1512 View Post
              Does somebody got an answer ?
              Is it possible to mix Fasoracetam with baclofen?
              I am trying to taper down baclofen with Fasoracetam
              [MENTION=23085]yaniv1512[/MENTION], If you're still around these neck of the woods. How'd it work? I'm currently at the same point as where you were in tapering down Baclofen and am interested in Fasoracetam.
              Last edited by haltme; November 20, 2017, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X