sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday

morn all..so how are we today then?all good ...I msitting in the conservatory,sun is just peeking up ,both rabbits are playing...and 3 deer in the field not not 100 ft away..cant get better than that.Sleep seems to be getting better,woke up at 2 ,fell back again and woke up at 6..so there we go ...brew time it is ...might get a bit done dansd le jardin again today...

Det ....great news mate ....glad you are grabbing the bull by the horns...havent done any groupwork ,so cant comment on that...but I do know the benefits of writing things down especially when the urge to drink hits ..it will be a tuff road but you can do it....and I promise you ..you will feel a lot healthier ,a lot better in yourself,proud that you have achieved something...This is my take on it ...others may disagree ,but the urge to drink is like any other emotion or indeed craving...most of the time it is dormant and passive, but every now and again it flares up into I want/need a drink..So there arer 2 gthyings to deal with ...the long term and the short term cravings/urges..At the moment you need to deal with the odat scenario..and the short term cravings..
    cosider floating along the top of the sea in a small boat all relatively calm and peaceful..all of a sudden you see a big wave coming...you have to deal with it otherwise the minimum is you are in the water ..worst is tyou drown..so you think a strategy up,and deal with the wave.. and then another one comes, but now you know how to deal with it so it isnt quite so bad...then another and another and another...bu now you can deal with threm..you have your strategy in place...and it may even include ...hey I asint going into the water...

Drinking is very similar...going about your business and bam it hits I need a drink...as long as you remember it is a wave and that particular one will subside and you have your strategy in place you are sorted...then another one may hit ,so you use your strategy and again and again..you may even get out of the water..ie not go to haunts or meetings that trigger that urge..or activities..
    my own particular one involved all sorts ...af beer ,water writing keeping a note on my phone in my wallet in my car..(that was the letter that Mario put up on this site)if I felt like drinking..I would get a long drink of water and sit down and write ..how I felt what I wanted ...absolutely anything..just keep writing till it subsides...every time it happens do the same..if you are out and it hits ..read the letter and slowly consider it over and over again..if you need to introduce af beer ..so be it ..this is about getting life on track and harm reduction ..all is fair..Get someone on here that you can chat to on a daily basis..and pm them ..had a great day had a not so good day ..that way you can bounce off each other...Im more than happy to do that with you ,but defo will not be offended if you choose elsewhere ..we all want you to get thru this..be positive and committed ..this nearly screwed your life up..payback time..Believe me ..it is hard to see someone kill themselves literally with booze...Iwill see if I can find the Mrio letter for you on here or if anyone else can ..can they put it up?In the meantime...hope this helps you mate..the biggest thing is that you are asking for help and that is a biggy ass we all know ,so well done...

hiya SF..hows you then ..wow the new me...!!go for it ..you get one shot...I take it TN is Tennessee?

hiya SK how are you doing?hope all is well with you

yoohoo...ppqp...surfaced yet?and a very good morning to you....howe is you today then?ready for the wureld or anotherv day duvet diving?

hiya pie ..how are you havent heard fro you for a while ...all good?

Sam you sorted with the taxman now Donald needs your readies......!

hiya pauly da fred starta..how are you today then ...you ok or allergic to allergies?hope you have a grand ole Sunday..

hiya Lav...tea or cawfee?a foot of snow eek could be worse ...could be 2 feet!! ho ho ho......

two-feet-of-snow-723x1024.jpg

sleep is on its way back now....getting back to normal....(who ever said I was normal?)

hiya tt hows life in the antipodes?

right good peeps time for the offski

det ...you can do it..

What is black – white – black – white – black – white?
    A penguin rolling down a mountain!

What would you get if you crossed a vampire with a dwarf?
    A creature that sucks blood from your knees.

Why do dolphins swim in salt water?
    Because pepper water would make them sneeze.

What did the stamp say to the envelope?
    You stick with me and I will take you places!

Why did the shark keep swimming in circles?
    It had a nosebleed.

What happens when a cop gets into bed?
    He becomes an undercover cop.

Police officer to a driver: “OK, driver’s license, vehicle license, first aid kit and warning triangle.”

Driver: “Nah, I’ve already got all that. But how much for that funny Captain’s cap?“

I just like to sleep naked. The air-hostess could have been a bit more understanding.

I can't wait until I retire so I can get up early on a morning and drive around really slowly making everyone late for work.

I'll never forget how happy I was when I saw my future wife walking down the aisle towards me. My heart was beating fast and the excitement was unbearable. It seemed to take an age but eventually there she was..

I gave her a wink and said, "Get that trolley here love! They're doing 3 crates of Bud for the price of 2."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: sunday

Mae everybody, Mick,great advice to Det,heck I might take up the offer to pm you sometimes but the time change,actually no cuz I get my cravings between 1 and 3 pm(weird I know) I think that's 7 to 9 pm your time? Don't want to talk about time this morning cuz the clock says one thing but my body says another haha,time change then full moon tonight, defo will sleep like crud I think,had a drink dream,I had drank a 6 pack and for me that's nothing so I was all worried about how I was gonna feel the next day, I hate those dreams!! Kell bought a car last night,hopefully everything goes OK st DMV cuz its got a California title,its cute though and has a sun roof,the inside needs a bit of work as the guy was a smoker and it smells like cats!! Hubs is gonna take it to be cleaned today,Winslow got his haircut too last night and he feels super sexy another coffee needed!! Much love to all and I wish us all a happy AF Sunday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Morning, Good Morning! Up and at 'em today; rolling with the time change. I received a Christmas gift certificate for a massage, which I used on Friday. Holey, moley! That was among the best, lavender-scented, 90 minutes of my life. Working on a condo make-ready today, then out to visit Dad. He'll want to know if I've done the taxes, but I'm procrastinating this year, so the answer is um, nope.

Glad you've got some sunshine peeking through, Mick. Seems you have more than your fair share of rain.

Det, have you ever considered taking Antabuse to kick-start your quit? It was an important tool for me for about the first 6 months, when I simply didn't have it in me, to just say no to alcohol cravings. Having Antabuse on board, took that choice out of my hands, and allowed me some time to build AF strength.

Hi Pauly, Lav, Snoopy, TT, SF!

PQ, I had grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner last night.

Last edited by Pie; March 12, 2017, 09:15 AM.

Comment

morning all
        nice brisk morning, sitting by the wood stove and all that. Thanks for the kick of, Mick. Yep, just about got taxes complete for the accountant to wave his magic wand and tell me how much I owe.

Pauly, yep those drinking dreams are weird. I find the best part is you wake up and you think, hey I'm not hung over, it's only a dream, thank goodness!

How you doing Pie? Yeah, I get that procrastination thing. Thought about entering the procrastination contest, but never got around to it.

Det, I have not read back on what's happening for you but I get you're doing some sort of group rehab? Wishing you good vibes in your positive direction!

cutting a little more firewood today, suppose to get snow Monday so the whole world's coming to an end. I'm sure the grocery stores are killing it today.

be well friends
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for starting us off this morning. Sounds like you're having a relaxing morning. Poked my head out from under the duvet and can actually see some blue sky out there. Temps are going from -4F this morning to +28F tomorrow morning and rising to +48F during the day. Supposed to stay up there all week, we're going to have a lot of water on the roads.

Pauly...I actually had a good sleep last night despite the time change. Haven't had a drinking dream for awhile now.

Pi...I have never had a massage but it sounded like yours was a hit. I'm procrastinating on my taxes too. Made me smile when I saw what you had for dinner. LOL

Sam...good to see you this morning. Hopefully we are done with the snow for this year.

Went to my niece's "reveal" party last night, she is having twins, a boy and a girl. Driving over to my brother's place it was snowing, cloudy and dark. Felt like it was Christmas Eve.
          Off to grab another coffee and thinking of having a big breakfast this morning. Let me know how you like your eggs done.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Scrambled for me PQ

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Goodness PQ still snowing where you are? It's very wet here and cold - been a lousy summer weather-wise.
              This old lady did go out last night well just for a wee while. Had dinner with some girlfriends. It was Turkish food. Evening was low key but I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. The other thing that bothered me was the bottle of red wine as 2 women had opened a bottle. Not a craving for me just the smell annoyed me. Cloying and over bearing. But the women hardly drank any and took half a bottle home.
              Like Pie I used Antabuse to get me some AF time. I didn't want to do this but I was desperate and all the other self talking, group work, AA, counselling wasn't enough for me on my own. I couldn't go to rehab because insurance does not cover it here and there are hardly any rehab centres in my country. But each to their own. I really hated taking the Antabuse and I had to take it at a low dose because of my liver. But I needed that stick. Otherwise I would cheat on myself and on others - no matter the support I was getting.

I made a wonderful blackberry pie over the weekend - even picked the berries from the side of the road - they had not been sprayed.
              Hi there also. mick, Pauly, Lav, SF, SK, Sam and others. Catch you soon.

Comment

MAE.

Det, good job. I used to do something similar to what Mick posted. A counsellor told me that I was fearful of cravings so I used to drink. She taught me how to sit through cravings and to sip a large glass of ginger ale, and then surf the urge. It will pass after 15 minutes during which time you have found a healthy distraction. I use this method when I'm anxious about something.
                Like Mick said, it's just another feeling/emotion. I think the group will be good for you.

PPQ, scrambled with buttered toast, thank you.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

The only problem with Antabuse is the person has to be truly, ready to quit just cuz the risks of drinking on AB,its too scary and yes I've been one of the dumbasses to try to drink on it,I'm lucky nothing super bad happened but like TT I was only taking 1/2 tab but only when I felt the urge,be pissed I took it then just say eff it and risk the consequences

Comment

Yeah I was pretty rigid in my attitude to it. Whereas in the self talking analogy you describe (surfing the wave etc). I just talk myself around to do what I want. Ironically rational recovery didn't work for me either. I knew the intelligent bit but I just let my emotions and justification for drinking take over. Whereas the pill was enough for me. But I was ready for it and I had an arsenal of other support and a plan as well. To be honest I had side effects on AB - long after detoxing - headaches, constant urination but I pushed on through the effects as I wanted to quit. And maybe the side effects were part of the quitting

Comment

hiya folks,,,just written this while Im watching telly..Det I couldnt find the poem I was looking for,but I think this kind of puts the message across..this is for you mate copy it put in your wallet in your car on your fone ..anywhere..and when you need a drink ..read...I left some bits pretty vague so that you can put your own personal thoughts on it...You can do it!!

Reach for me
                      Reach out and hold me, let me feel your touch,
                      Life owes you, it’s not fair, but I can give you so much
                      I will make you feel happy, funny, brave and so bold,
                      So appealing to everyone, never out in the cold

The sage of all things on this earth,
                      No one but me knows your worth
                      No one else, you just need me,
                      I am yours for eternity

So you lose your job, and life goes wrong
                      Don’t worry about it I’ll be along...
                      People bypass you in the street,
                      That stinking slumped mess lying in a heap

But now you’re shaking. I wonder why
                      You crave for me more as slowly you die…
                      Remember me telling you that I was your friend?
                      I lied ha ha,
                      Goodbye.. the end
                      Last edited by Mick; March 12, 2017, 04:10 PM.
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

wow Mick, i'm still crying from that poem, thank you so very much for taking the time today as always. That goes for all of you loves.... each and every one of you great people.

I'm very relieved to receive an email from the therapist last night saying there is room in the group for me (they keep it small). Having a mix of guys that know the crap I'm in, and a therapist with 22yrs of experience, the combo should be good. I'm going in optimistic at least.

Antabuse I'm definitely up for also. I need all the tools I can get. have a message out to my doc already.

Pie, massage sounds so lovely, good for you.

well, time to cut hair, make lunch, shower etc for work tomorrow. Hope that goes ok I'm worried having missed days again last week but I can't stress over this now.

thank you all again so much.

be well loves (that includes me)
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Det, I am so happy to hear your news. That sounds like a great plan so hang onto it with both hands, OK?
                          We will be here as your extended support group, sounding board or whatever you need.

Mick, thanks so much for the two feet of snow, ha ha!!!
                          The latest prediction for snowfall total is now 12-18" so we will be closer to two feet I guess
                          I'm afraid this snow will murder the early spring blooming stuff like the forsythia & pussy willow, oh well.
                          Sounds like you are almost adjusted to being home, good for you!

Hello to Pauly, Sam, TT, Pie, PQ, SF & all the regulars.
                          Wishing everyone a peaceful night.

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X