w/c 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 8th

mornin all ....5.20 am ...and on my way out metal detecting...just thought i would start the fred ...see yall later .
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 8th

Mae everybody,Mick thanks for the kick off and good luck on the detecting going to Boulder city later for the art in the park we went to last year I hope it's as easy to find parking as it was last year,even though we just hung out at the food booths its still a fun time much love to all my friends and wishes for a happy AF Sunday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ahoy Mateys and ABerooonikas!

Mick, happy hunting.

Pauly, I used to go to a little flea market south east of Vegas somewhere... I don't recall but it was neat. fresh produce
      and local jewelry and knifemakers and various crafts. Always fun.. enjoy!

hanging with a buddy doing projects in the garage. No huge plans otherwise.

be well loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for starting the thread before heading out. Good luck hunting!

Pauly...sounds like a great day out.

Det...couldn't open the link, apparently my browser can't play it. Sorry but not going to trouble shoot that one as it's probably 99 on my list. LOL Always great to have a buddy to hang out in the garage with. Boys and their toys.

Gotta get my butt off the couch and get groceries before the snow hits. It's just a blip for today but it's about 1/2 hr out. Have a Super Saturday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PPQ, sorry I think it's an AIFF file for apple computers. and it's not on the top 500000000000 on any chart so no worries

snow? wowsers.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
            PPQ, sorry I think it's an AIFF file for apple computers. and it's not on the top 500000000000 on any chart so no worries

snow? wowsers.
            :thumbsup:

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Warm & extra humid today, rain off & on. I think this is hurricane preview or something.

Mick, waiting to hear about what you found today?

Det, I'm going to try to open your link on my iPad, it might work.
              I hope your day was fun in the garage, haha!

Pauly, I hope you had fun today too but didn't eat anything too weird, ha ha!

PQ, racing ahead of the snow? Oh no!!!!

Putzed around all day, too damp outside to do much. This has been a completely uneventful weekend, seriously, ha ha!

Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Det, I opened the file on my iPad.....

Interesting musical composition with definite under/overtones of Sci Fi :welldone:
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya folks how are we today then?all good I hope..not a bad day detecting yesterday ....found an Irish penny Edward 3rd 1307,minted in Dublin and the moneyer was guy called Ricard.I lso found a saxon pinhead with "ring and dot "pattern about 1100 years old..I also found this weird thing.....

20171008_181713.jpg

it is made of bronze and has ametal pin through it...in shape the head looks like a bronze age what they call a votive axe head....basically a minature axe head that they made as an offering to the gods..the only thing thats wrong ..in the bronze age they didnt have iron so was it later reworked later on in the iron age?Jury is out on it ..I am sending it to the British Museum for id and analysis...so pics up tomorrow..

brew time...

hiya Lav...how are you then?hope all is well specially after this brew..Ive just ordered 48 plug plants ...ornamental kale...£10..you couldnt grow them for that !!hope your day is a good one...

hey det hows you today then mate so whats the project your friend is doing?why did you go to a market for fleas????ha ha...

Ppqp..snow ...whats going on here then??have you had a decent weekend? when do you have a talk with the "boss"? best of luck ...kerching .com!!

hiya pauly how did the boulder city feed off go?.....hopefully well ..oh and the art too....!

big shout to ebberywun else x

I dress up as Elvis Presley to carry out my armed robberies.
                  Because by the time the police arrive, I've left the building.

Q: Why shouldn't you hire a midget chef? A: The steaks are too high.

Mother's Day A family was having dinner on Mother's Day. For some reason the mother was unusually quiet. Finally the husband asked what was wrong. "Nothing," said the woman. Not buying it, he asked again. "Seriously, what's wrong?" "Do you really want to know? Well, I'll tell you. I have cooked and cleaned and fed the kids for 15 years and on Mother's Day, you don't even tell me so much as "Thank you." "Why should I?" he said. "Not once in 15 years have I gotten a Father's Day gift." "Yes," she said, "but I'm their real mother."

What's the difference between Big Foot and intelligent man? Big Foot has been spotted several times.

Someone who teaches at a Middle School in Safety Harbor, Florida forwarded the following letter. The letter was sent to the principal's office after the school had sponsored a luncheon for the elderly. This story is a credit to all human kind. Read it and forward it to all those who could use a lift. It's a heartwarming story Dear Safety Harbor Middle School: God blesses you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior citizen's luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the Safety Harbor Assisted Home for the Aged. All of my family has passed away. It's nice to know that someone really thinks of me. God blesses you for your kindness to an old, forgotten lady. My roommate is 95 and always had her own radio, but would never let me listen to it, even when she was napping. The other day her radio fell off the night stand and broke into a lot of pieces. It was awful and she was in tears. She asked if she could listen to mine,.......................... and I said fck you.

Two buddies were out for a Saturday stroll. One had a Doberman and the other had a Chihuahua. As they sauntered down the street, the guy with Doberman said to his friend, "Let's go over to that bar and get something to drink." The guy with the Chihuahua said, "We can't go in there. We've got dogs with us." The one with the Doberman said, "Just follow my lead." They walked over to the bar and the guy with the Doberman puts on a pair of dark glasses and started to walk in. The bouncer at the door said, "Sorry, Mac, no pets allowed." The man with the Doberman said, "You don't understand. This is my Seeing-Eye dog." The bouncer said, "A Doberman pinscher?" The man said, "Yes, they're using them now. They're very good." The bouncer said, "Come on in." The buddy with the Chihuahua figured what the heck, so he put on a pair of dark glasses and started to walk in. He knew his would be more unbelievable. Once again the bouncer said, "Sorry, pal, no pets allowed." The man with the Chihuahua said, "You don't understand. This is my Seeing-Eye dog." The bouncer said, "A Chihuahua?" The man with the Chihuahua said, "A Chihuahua? They gave me a fucking Chihuahua?"

One day, an engineer died and went to heaven. But, St. Peter said "I can't let you in because your name is not on the list." So the engineer went down to Hell and was let in. Well, he stayed there for a couple of days and then decided that, it was too hot and everything was inaccessible. So he built flushing toilets, air conditioning, running water and a lot of other things. One day God calls down and says to Satan, "So Satan, how's it down there in hell?? " and Satan says: "Well, it's great, I've got an engineer down here and he has build air conditioning, running water, flushing toilets, and I don't know what else, he's gonna build next. Then God asks, "You've got an engineer down there?" "That's a big mistake, send him up here right now!" and Satan replies, "No way this is the best thing that's ever happened to hell." and God says, "send him up or I'll sue!!" and Satan says smirking, "Now just where are you gonna get a lawyer??"

The Smith's were proud of their family tradition. Their ancestors had come to America on the Mayflower. They had included Senators and Wall Street wizards. They decided to compile a family history, a legacy for their children and grandchildren. They hired a fine author. Only one problem arose -- how to handle that great-uncle George, who was executed in the electric chair. The author said he could handle the story tactfully. The book appeared. It said, "Great-uncle George occupied a chair of applied electronics at an important government institution, was attached to his position by the strongest of ties, and his death came as a great shock."
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick jokes are great thank you I'm also curious about the little Axe keep us posted,the Art in the park was ok but being that Kell is pregnant and crabby all she did was complain so we didn't stay long at all,none of the food we bought was any good either I paid $9 for an Indian taco took two bites,gave hubs a bite and tossed it in the trash it was so bland! So then I bought a cheeseburger which was just meh,then a funnel cake we were supposed to split but nobody was in to it so I took a couple strips off it then in the trash it went,I think it was just too hot still,too crowded plus I feel like I'm coming down with something or it's allergies,to me it was still a fun day out though PQ,hope you have a nice holiday much love to the rest of the crowd and wishes for a positive AF Monday
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I hope it's not a hurricane preview. We are moving to below zero highs next week with some snow/rain. I find this the dangerous driving time, it's better if it's colder with snow or warmer with rain but the mix can be deceiving. Another putzing day for you?

Mick...nice finds compared to last outing, I love the little axe. I like miniature things and would have them everywhere if I didn't have to dust around them. Apologies to those who know this but want to catch Mick up. Had the talk with the boss on Wednesday, first day back from being sick, but it went really well. Among other things told him I feel I'm being taken advantage of, the increase in my workload since his arrival and the lack of financial compensation for what he's getting. He agreed and we are working on job responsibilities, what I should keep on my plate and what I should give away. He then asked me how much money I wanted and I asked for a $10K raise, retroactive to January. He wasn't shocked although he said it might be a little steep but we shall see. He's already had the budget approved so he's already crunched his numbers. Should find out by the end of the month.

Pauly...thanks and I'm sorry the food was not up to standard for you. You didn't need the calories anyways. LOL

I'm a big NCIS fan and the premiere I watched had the psychologist say "Worry’s a bully, it gives you nothing, it only takes." That really had an effect on me. Every time I start worrying about the future, money, work etc. that line comes to me and I stop. It's almost liberating. LOL

Today is turkey/chicken day, reminds me of Turducken but I'm never going to try that! Love the way the house smells all day, keeps your mouth watering. Other than kitchen duty will just be putzing around like Lav. Have a great day all.....:smile:PPQP
                      Last edited by porqoui; October 9, 2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Just checking in after another day of mostly putzing, ha ha!!
                        We had lots of rain overnight that actually brought down a dead branch in a tree out front. That will save YB the work of having to take the thing down himself, ha ha!
                        Lost power for just a few minutes this afternoon & the rain seems to be moving on.

Mick, that's a very cool looking mini axe! Can't wait to hear the official determination.
                        Ornamental kale is neat looking, I should get some myself - good idea

Pauly, I suggest leaving the disinterested ones home next time & brown bagging your own food. LOL!!!!
                        I hope you stay healthy, take your probiotics girl

PQ, the storm is leaving so I am happy. I agree with you, I don't like the roads when they get icy. People around here don't know how to drive in rain let alone ice
                        I hope your chick-urkey turned out nice for you & your family, Happy Thanksgiving

I made an unusual Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) soup today, pretty good!
                        Since I'm only feeding two people these days making a whole pot full of stuffed cabbage seems like too much work & too much food so the soup idea worked well. Just something different anyway.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mick, that ornament is indeed fascinating. Love to hear what the museum has to say.

Pauly, sorry for the crappy food adventure. icky!

Lav, do tell about the golumpki. sounds Indian?

felt really darn good today, did a little overtime and could have kept going but others had to go. puny humans! LOL

As a very odd treat i'm making homemade pizza in my little toaster oven. we'll see how this goes.... but it smells amazing so far.
                          also a couple days ago I made an eggplant/onion/tomato bake that was super yummy. Didn't even bother with the meat on that one.

Off to check pizza and hit the scifi for a wind-down.

gnight loves
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya folks....howsoui today then all fgood I hope ...running late this morning good a fair wee bit to do..Ive tried to download the pin and coin pics but it wot let me!will try it later..need to dash have a good one....

These were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a great sense of humour.
                            Q: Does it ever get windy in Australia ? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? ( UK )
                            A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die

Q: Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? ( USA )
                            A: Depends how much you’ve been drinking.

Q: I want to walk from Perth to Sydney – can I follow the railroad tracks? ( Sweden)
                            A: Sure, it’s only three thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia ? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane , Cairns, Townsville and Hervey Bay ? ( UK)
                            A: What did your last slave die of?

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia ? ( USA )
                            A: A-Fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe . Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not … Oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross.

Q: Which direction is North in Australia ? ( USA )
                            A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we’ll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into Australia ? ( UK )
                            A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do…

Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys’ Choir schedule? ( USA )
                            A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is Oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in > Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races.

Q: Can I wear high heels in Australia ? ( UK )
                            A: You are a British politician, right?

Q: Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? ( Germany )
                            A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers. Milk is illegal.

Q: Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can Dispense rattlesnake serum. ( USA )
                            A: Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and > make good pets.

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Australia , but I forget its name. It’s a kind of bear and lives in trees. ( USA )
                            A: It’s called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them.

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Australia ? ( USA)
                            A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q: Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia ? ( France )
                            A: Only at Christmas.

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? ( USA )
                            A: Yes, but you’ll have to learn it first

Comment

morning all,
                              well the reset feature for passwords does not work for me. Tried for several weeks (I lost mine, AGAIN!) so I emailed the powers that be and they actually were very quick to respond. So now I've got some catching up to do. Surveying work has really picked up. I often think of quitting the Soil & Water job and going back full time, but Doofus T in office, I'm not sure where things are headed. Then there's thoughts of RETIREMENT! but that can't happen for another couple years. Enough of all that....

how's everyone been doing?? Det, muzac? Lav, chicken world? Pauly, food fight? PQ, SNOW???

later...
                              Sam
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X