Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 28th

MAE ALL....

Starting the last week of January thread. Wow...anybody else feel like the first month of 2018 just flew by?

Det...the mobile happy funtime house is bigger than I thought it would be. I can see all kinds of possibilities for the interior upgrades.

Lav...so sorry to hear about the chicken nabbing. Hope you can figure out a way to keep them safe. I'll put my thinking cap on.

Putting the kettle on for our morning brew, will be back soon....:smile:PPQP

Re: w/c 28th

I'll take a cup. Thanks for the startup, PQ!

brew.jpg

Comment

Morning Pi....sorry to hear about the sudden real estate turn but glad to hear the usual "smoothing" solution was not an option. We've come a long way haven't we!

Comment

Mae everybody,slept really shittily last night think I'm gonna buy a travel pack of benadryl for tonight I need to reset my habit of waking up,smoking and praying I get back to sleep,I know if I get a few good solid nights I'll be ace but getting it is hard! Mucho love to all and wishes for a happy AF Sunday,thanks for the kick off PQ
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning Pauly....when I wake during the night the first thing I reach for is a smoke as well. Apparently that's the worst thing you can do. I was surprised after a bit of google research how much nicotine affects our sleep. Because nicotine is a potent stimulant, cigarette smokers can easily develop insomnia if they smoke frequently and close to bedtime. And one study found that women in late mid-life who smoke are even more susceptible to developing insomnia. Once you start smoking, your sleep will never be the same again.

Comment

Pauly! What a great word is, "shittily"! You have me thinking up tongue-twisters.

Yes, PQ. A long way indeed. I've been very reflective of late, trying to figure out so many things. Damn good thing I didn't have to deal with these big questions in the early days. Back then it was simply, Don't Drink! Do you ever feel like sobriety is unfolding? Like it reveals a little at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
              Pauly! What a great word is, "shittily"! You have me thinking up tongue-twisters.

Yes, PQ. A long way indeed. I've been very reflective of late, trying to figure out so many things. Damn good thing I didn't have to deal with these big questions in the early days. Back then it was simply, Don't Drink! Do you ever feel like sobriety is unfolding? Like it reveals a little at a time?
              Sure do. It's like AL was a blanket that I used to cover up anxiety, pain, anger, hurt...etc and sobriety is taking those blankets off one layer at a time. :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by porqoui View Post
                Morning Pauly....when I wake during the night the first thing I reach for is a smoke as well. Apparently that's the worst thing you can do. I was surprised after a bit of google research how much nicotine affects our sleep. Because nicotine is a potent stimulant, cigarette smokers can easily develop insomnia if they smoke frequently and close to bedtime. And one study found that women in late mid-life who smoke are even more susceptible to developing insomnia. Once you start smoking, your sleep will never be the same again.
                That's exactly what is going on,,when Kell's baby was due I would get up and check my phone during the night and smoke(would never have smoked in the middle of the night before) and the week he did come I was doing the same so I've developed a terrible habit back from the 50's diner for breakfast had pancakes,eggs and bacon it was fun

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Cheeze...now I have to go and get bacon and eggs. My toast just isn't cutting it. LOL

Ok...bacon and eggs bought anyone care to join me?
                  Last edited by porqoui; January 28, 2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Well I definitely will pass on the bacon and eggs. But then again I cant understand how you heathens dont like beans. We eat them and lentils a lot - very versatile and lots of ways they can be cooked. What I do not like are baked beans - the soggy kind in tomato sauce from a tin. Yuk. Last night had beetroot and black bean burgers with ciabatta bread and mushrooms/salad.
                    Otherwise not much to report. Had one of those darned drinking dreams - it was all over the place and not at all appealing. Maybe that was the effect of the beans! Daughter came by yesterday and we had a lovely walk and then she came home for the burgers.
                    Expecting 35 degrees celsius today - I love this weather - its the one time when a not so warm house has its bonuses.
                    Time to stop the smoking Pauly - eat beans intend (I know its not that easy, well I dont, because I have never been a smoker).
                    Be good everyone.

Comment

TT,I only smoke like 3-4 cigs a day,you'd figure it would be a breeze to stop but it's a mind game just like all habits/addictions

Comment

TT...Well...I've never been called a Heathen before! Actually had to look up the definition. LOL I've heard others talk about black been burgers...I really need to start thinking outside the box, I think I'm missing out on a few things. Haven't had a drinking dream for awhile now and you're right they can really be all over the place. 35 degrees sounds like heaven right about now. How's the book coming? When do you head out again? Have a great day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                          TT,I only smoke like 3-4 cigs a day,you'd figure it would be a breeze to stop but it's a mind game just like all habits/addictions
                          I hear ya Pauly!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post

Loved that line......................'like sobriety is unfolding'..........................:heartbeat:
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

TT, black bean burgers are da bomb I absolutely love them!
                              Glad you had some weekend time with your daughter.

Pauly, I'm grateful that I quit smoking when I did because if I had to do it now I may not be able to get the job done. I don't know if you are aware but second-hand smoke is very bad for babies, increases the incidence of SIDS Even if you are not smoking with them in the room they are picking it up from you clothing & hair.
                              CDC - Fact Sheet - Health Effects of Secondhand Smoke - Smoking & Tobacco Use
                              Quit now for the baby & for you & Louie too.

PQ, we got rain today, what did you get?
                              Thanks for the coffee but I'll pass on the bacon & eggs, thanks

Det, love the mobile home, very nice! Big enough but not too big (for collecting unnecessary stuff) if you know what I mean.
                              Research I read recently claims that we don't need to worry so much about 'complete proteins' because there is protein in just about everything we eat. And we have been led to believe we need more protein than we actually do.
                              I always soak beans & change the water before cooking - makes digestion much easier.

Pauly & PQ, in addition to the FoK link I posted on FB for the black bean & sweet potato quesadillas I also got to thinking about black bean soup - yum I make mine without meat but you can put ham or sausage in if you like. EAT BEANS, ha ha!

Hello to Mick, hope you are OK today!

Hi there Pie, how are you?

Sam, where on earth are you these days?

I kept my chickens cooped up all day until I figure out what to do about the fox problem. Sad thing, I know it's just nature but still sad.
                              Have a nice night everyone!

Lav

OOPS - forgot to say HI NORA!!!
                              Last edited by Lavande; January 28, 2018, 07:33 PM.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X