w/c 24th jne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 24th jne

mae all...here I am back in reality...I was shattered last night..went to bed at half 8 slept right thru..mind you hadnt had any sleep fr 36 hrs ...Dont know the final total for the charity yet ...my guess is around 4.5k...distance travelled? 77ks in 2ohrs...it was hard ..but I guess at 62 nearly it aint gonna be a walk in the park ..the weather was hot ,too hot at times tbh ,but it dropped really low at night ,plus a breeze.A week tuesday off to tenerife,

20180622_172347.jpg

35497197_10156748708129617_2457695198621204480_n.jpg

Map reading ...ha ha
    35849201_10156746240914617_2031138670488059904_n (1).jpg

35885833_10156747098784617_7487393625005883392_n.jpg

hope everyone is ok? will be back after
    Attached Files
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 24th jne

MAE ALL...

Mick...great pics. Good to see you made it home safe and sound. You'll need the 2 weeks to recoup before flying off to Tenerife. With 2 days of thunderstorms and a lot of rain we're in for sun today so will head over to see how the garden survived the downpour. Allow me to serve the coffee this morning....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,beautiful pics Mick! Hi PQ nothing much going on here so I'll just wish everyone a Happy Sunday booze free of course
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sunday evening greetings everyone,

Welcome back Mick & thanks for the pics
        Sounds like it was a worthwhile effort!

Hi there PQ & Pauly. Hope you both had a good day!

Det, sounds like your cooking is well received. Do they provide you with enough garlic? Ha ha!
        Living & working in Italy would be amazing!!!!!

I just wanted to mention I had a voicemail from S. Kendall a little while ago. She said she still doesn't have her computer & has managed to break her hand I think while escaping contact with fire ants. She has 35 bites from the ants - that's horrid I hope to be able to connect with her later or tomorrow, poor thing :hug:

Just had severe storm warnings here but all we got was some thunder & a light shower. I guess that makes us lucky.
        Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,Lav thanks for the update on SK,I seriously was just gonna ask if you'd heard from her ouch a broken hand? That's awful.Det,it's great to hear you sounding so good PQ,steak fajitas in the crock pot yesterday tonight is taco salad,trying to cut some carbs out but not all,baby Romeo is starting to sit up all by himself he looks like a Buddha haha! Much love to all back later,have a fabulous bf Monday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...fire ants! I've never experienced them and hope I never do! Thanks for the update on SK. Our thunderstorms have moved off for now, probably why you were getting the warnings.

Pauly...taco salad sounds good might be our choice tonight as well.

Mick...off picking up the Peskies? Hope you're getting your sleep caught up.

So glad I booked today off. Planning on doing some of that "weekday" running around that never gets accomplished while working.
            Shout out to the rest and have a Marvelous Monday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya everyone ...at last !!I honestly have not stopped all day...it has beenreally hot today...36 degreeze on my car thermo.Yesterday I saw Panda struggling to walk ,to the extent that she actually was trying to get by dragging along on her side ..and less than 30 seconds later she was bouncing about.....she seems to be so stiff she cant move and then ..off she goes ..i have a friend who is pretty knowledgeable about peskies..she suggests Itake her for a spinal x ray..It may be that she has to have kind of rabbit anti rheumatism,medication..so today I revamped the front of the hutch so that there is less height to manage when she jumps in ..there is 2.5 inches less in height.....feeling really weary....take care everyone
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Aw Mick...you do sound weary. Talk with the vet about a spinal x ray and see what he says. Hope you can get things sorted soon. :hug:

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I had a nice lunch out with my old work friends today. We are getting old but still like each other, LOL
                  Hot today so I didn't stay out too much. There's a heat wave predicted later in the week ~ swell (not).

Mick, I Googled pain relief for injured chickens & found I can dissolve one aspirin tablet in a gallon of water to give her so that's what I've done. She still looks pretty poor though, not eating. Maybe you can give Panda something similar to help with her mobility. I hate seeing people or animals suffer. Take care of yourself too!

PQ, I hope you got your running around done today. Nice to have an extra day off

Pauly, fat babies always look ridiculous in a sitting position, ha ha! My son looked the same way at that age. It takes them a little longer to learn to crawl too. But once they start moving around they slim down quite a bit so I remember.

Hello to Pie, Det & SK.
                  I hope everyone has a decent night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

good morning all. from a very hot uk...it is supposed to be hotter today than it was yesterday...I finished their hutch front yesterday,Panda is moving about ok today ,it is so strange ,Sir buggerlugs is at it this morning tho.....digging holes everywhere .. brew time

hiya Lav ,howare you then?hows the chicken doing?hopeits ok ..like you I hate to see animals in pain ...fortunately she isnt...my courgettes are going mad ,I am growing them in the greenhouse this year...

hi sk how are you feeling any better?

hiya pauly ,hows things with you?hope you are good too...hows the rest of the family doing too?

hiya ppqp ...yuo ok ? yep I am feeling weary ...and some too..did you get all your running around done?my friends have just gone to Canada for a holiday ..not sure where tho... hope your day goes well.

hiya det ..you ok mate ..

a big hiya to everyone else

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...yesterday did not pan out as I had hoped. Waiting on others derailed some of my plans. Oh well, another long weekend coming up. I didn't know one of your chickens was sick, hope you can nurse her back to health. There's a lady here in Calgary that has 3 doctor prescribed emotional support hens. Currently the city is reviewing the bylaws as it's illegal to have chickens in the city. She has a little leash she uses when she goes for walks. Who knew.

Mick...we had a hot one here yesterday as well. Temps are back to norm today sitting around 21 degrees. That's just perfect for me. Glad Panda is doing good today and hope you can figure out what's going on. At least sir buggerlugs appears to be normal. LOL Hope your friends aren't going to St John's Newfoundland where they woke up to a temp of 5 with snow!

Even though Monday didn't go as planned I did manage to put work out of the picture. Didn't even check the email once! Big improvement for me.
                      Waves to the rest of the gang stopping in, have a Terrific Tuesday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick you sound tired Lav,I ordered just some regular Swedish bee pollen,it may not work the same as the Relizen but its a helluva lot cheaper!(which means it probably won't work haha) PQ,snow? I can't even imagine that right now,took Winslow out at 7 pm last night and it was still somewhere between 106 and 109 the concrete wasn't hot tho I made sure with my hand,probably cuz the sun wasn't shining on it,turkey roast in the crock pot for dinner again,its become one of our faves much love to all and wishes for a fabulous booze free Tuesday!

Comment

20180626_084220.jpg

20180625_070732 (1).jpg

20180625_072457.jpg

Comment

OMG Mick...did Jeeves do that! Must be ticked at the second gate you put up.

Pauly...Turkey roast in the crock pot? Is it just a turkey or is the such a thing as a roast? Do give me your recipe please. We're having chicken/vegetable skewers and hashbrown casserole.

Lav...I'm sure you'll be posting soon. Will check back later.

Wow...turned around and it was 5pm. All our programs are wrapping up for the summer so tomorrow will see me pig out at the Sr Fitness Pot Luck Brunch and then the Bridge group is having a windup lunch of cold salmon, deli meat platter, cheese & fruit with cards in the afternoon. It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it. LOL

Hope Sam, Pi, Treegirl, SK, TT are all doing good and just busy. And Det I know you'll check in when you can. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Warm & sunny today, T storms due the next two days followed by a heat wave. Around here a heat wave = 3 or more days on a row of 90+ & all of the hair frizzing humidity you can possibly imagine, ha ha!!

Mick, you have to sign him up for the destruction gang, ha ha!! I've had dogs who would dig under a fence so they could go next door to visit the neighbors. Animals are crazy. My injured chicken is still alive, looking a little stronger today. I just wish I could find something she's willing to eat. I mashed up a banana this morning which she tasted twice then ignored the rest. She is standing on her own two feet though & holding her head up a bit with out help so that's a plus. I have to have my dog in the vet office by 8 am tomorrow for a dental cleaning, geez.

Pauly, I convection roasted a turkey breast today - yum Makes great leftovers for a few days.

PQ, my young chicken sustained a weird injury. I think she must have gotten her head stuck though the chicken wire fence (reaching out for some grass or something). All of the feathers on her neck are gone & her head was flopping around like she had a broken neck, ugh. The only other thing I can think of is maybe an aerial attack from a hawk? Just not sure. She's getting plenty of good attention from me
                              Enjoy the lunch tomorrow, sounds very nice!

Wising everyone a nice night!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X